Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I brought in Fawad because you are making it sound like instead of Mahira people are now watching this show for Mikaal/Salman ...which is not the case he has improved but his performance/character is not like he has got Fawad's popularity from Humsafar...where people would actually watch the show for Fawad (playing Asher).
I found that you were exaggerating his performance when in my opinion he has given good performance in SeZ but nothing extra ordinary. He still needs a character which will give him a big break like humsafar/dastaan.
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

and of course Salman's character isn't OMG like Asher because he's a negative character...Romantic characters create a different hype than that of negative characters..how can you even compare the two. πŸ˜†

about popularity: I would like to think as an actor/actress you become popular for the performances you've done..or else your popular for the wrong reasons. With that in mind, I'd like to think Mahira was popular for her portrayal of Khirad. I was talking in that context, you're talking with a different perspective.

Even negative character can create hype remember Fahad from Tahir-e-Lahooti or SRK from Darr

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

I'm probably the minority but I seriously find MDKJZM boring.. Liked it only uptil Arfa got married..
Then at the same time I love Shehr-e-Zaat and I think overlooking Mahirah's acting from the inital few episodes, she's been great and so has everyone else from the show..

but she just got married this weekπŸ˜†
Raindrops. thumbnail
SeZ is not a must watch drama yet something would still compel me to watch it even though i know the whole story ,and was so sick of the pace that actually thought of stop watching ...yet i would say Umera Ahmed has some magic in her writing which forces me to hear every dialogue ...it always has a deeper meaning compared to any other drama writers.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

I brought in Fawad because you are making it sound like instead of Mahira people are now watching this show for Mikaal/Salman ...which is not the case he has improved but his performance/character is not like he has got Fawad's popularity from Humsafar...where people would actually watch the show for Fawad (playing Asher).

I found that you were exaggerating his performance when in my opinion he has given good performance in SeZ but nothing extra ordinary. He still needs a character which will give him a big break like humsafar/dastaan.

I don't think Mikaal needs a break like Fawad...Mikaal has done well for himself with DeS & SeZ..now he just needs to continue doing well. Every actor can not have a breakthrough like Humsafar or Dastaan. Fahad Mustafa's breakthrough performance, Main Abdul Qadir is miles ahead of any breakthrough performances Mikaal or Fawad can ever dream of, but every actor does not get placed on the map with the same body of work

All I said was that Mikaal's overall performance has been very good from the word go. For me, he has been stealing the show in the last 2 or so episodes..is that the case for everyone? I don't know..but for someone who wasn't even considered a good actor till a few dramas back..is now doing pretty well in his role, is pretty praiseworthy. I don't I think I exaggerated at all..you actually brought in Fawad and started comparing his performances with Mikaal when I never even compared another actor's performances with him. If appreciating Mikaal's own work is exaggeration then that's something new.

I''m talking about characters being compared.. negative characters in their own sense are appreciated..but you can't put them up against a romantic/positive character and ask who's better. Romantic and negative characters can't be compared. I don't see how you can compare Asher & Salman and bring out the OMG factor in both. Compare SRK's character from Darr to that of his character in Kal Ho Na Ho and you'll see a difference.
Raindrops. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I don't think Mikaal needs a break like Fawad...Mikaal has done well for himself with DeS & SeZ..now he just needs to continue doing well. Every actor can not have a breakthrough like Humsafar or Dastaan. Fahad Mustafa's breakthrough performance, Main Abdul Qadir is miles ahead of any breakthrough performances Mikaal or Fawad can ever dream of, but every actor does not get placed on the map with the same body of work

All I said was that Mikaal's overall performance has been very good from the word go. For me, he has been stealing the show in the last 2 or so episodes..is that the case for everyone? I don't know..but for someone who wasn't even considered a good actor till a few dramas back..is now doing pretty well in his role, is pretty praiseworthy. I don't I think I exaggerated at all..you actually brought in Fawad and started comparing his performances with Mikaal when I never even compared another actor's performances with him. If appreciating Mikaal's own work is exaggeration then that's something new.

I''m talking about characters being compared.. negative characters in their own sense are appreciated..but you can't put them up against a romantic/positive character and ask who's better. Romantic and negative characters can't be compared. I don't see how you can compare Asher & Salman and bring out the OMG factor in both. Compare SRK's character from Darr to that of his character in Kal Ho Na Ho and you'll see a difference.

I would rate SRK's darr higher than all his romantic role πŸ˜†...Fahad bit of a tie between Tahir-e-lahooti and MAQH...very rarely people can play both negative/positive characters so well and Fahad's only one of the few .
BTW have you noted this trend of Fawad doing all positive characters and Mikaal all negative characters recently...they both need to try something different πŸ˜•
Just saw on Umera's fb that SeZ has 18 episodes 😑...that is ridiculously long which means we have to wait longer for ZGH ...grr i really want to see ZGH.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Nida--

I would rate SRK's darr higher than all his romantic role πŸ˜†...Fahad bit of a tie between Tahir-e-lahooti and MAQH...very rarely people can play both negative/positive characters so well and Fahad's only one of the few .
BTW have you noted this trend of Fawad doing all positive characters and Mikaal all negative characters recently...they both need to try something different πŸ˜•
Just saw on Umera's fb that SeZ has 18 episodes 😑...that is ridiculously long which means we have to wait longer for ZGH ...grr i really want to see ZGH.

I rate SRK's performance in Darr higher than so many of his performances..but I was comparing the likening of a viewer towards a specific character. Anyway, mitti pao. πŸ˜†

yeah, I've noticed that too. wow, 18? I thought there were 17..πŸ˜•..this is a long wait till ZGH, but I'm still excited! I just hope after ZGH Fawad does something really different. I'm sure he would do amazing but so far he's getting too many romantic roles. I loved him as Mujju in KPKPBT..he was a grey character in there..kind of negative & positive.
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hina oops I meant Amina..

SS I don't think Nida said anything wrong bringing in Fawad/Sanam as an example.. In so many of our discussions before we bring in Mahirah or Sanam or other actors as an example to prove our point too..
Raindrops. thumbnail
He was good as Mujju...some over acting here and there but then again the drama was a bit like that ...i have even scene Akbari Asghari ...i know he looked ridiculous but for some reason i still watched most of it for Fawad and Sanam...he had some funny scenes which shows he can do comedy as well.
ZGH mein he is a brat...flirt kinda proudy/egoistic ...atleast on paper it seems slightly different to Asher/Hassan kind of roles.
But i would like him to experiment more ...do some comedy or negative roles otherwise he will be just limited to romantic roles ...how humayun was just limited to romantic roles for the longest time in his career. I want him to follow Faisal and Fahad's way.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackStar.

Hina oops I meant Amina..

SS I don't think Nida said anything wrong bringing in Fawad/Sanam as an example.. In so many of our discussions before we bring in Mahirah or Sanam or other actors as an example to prove our point too..

I think these were two different kind of discussions. It was more about breakthrough performances as opposed to a strict comparison between who's the better actor.

@ Nida: yeah I really hope Fawad goes the Fahad/Faisal Q route..I would LOVE to see Fawad do a rebellious/evil kind of character. When I saw Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan, I felt Fawad had awesome comic timing..I don't even see Fahad having all that great of a comic timing..but I feel Fawad has it..if he could do projects like Fahad/Faisal Q..then I can seriously see him surpassing so many people.
Fawad has to branch out with his acting or else he'll be categorized as a romantic hero.