Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Taify

Unforutnately, it is again bad phase for Pak televcision.

The boom started with Mera Saaien and reached its peak with Humsafar. Now, suddenly, it is back to where it was before mera saaine.
The biggies have failed and channels are continously trying to get things right...
This is why we are suddenly seeing so many slot changes and new shows. I hope things get better again.
There is not a single shot hitting the 6 range these days. The biggest one reaches 4 (Jahez, Annie).. sad news!
As for bilquees kaur, it has improved but isn't that great... the show is siad to be a disappointment, but hopes r it would improved. Mera saaien is good but not as good as the first season. Thewre is nthng that stands out these days.
All the top 5 are almost getting the same trp in the range of 2.5-3.5.. sad sad!
Hopes r that things would chnage with new shows starting...

It happens..it's not really a bad phase though. Bad phase would been the stuff that was releasing on television say between 2007ish to 2009ish where no drama was ever standing out for long periods of time.

Hum was on a role with Dastaan, Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Mera Naseeb, Qaide Tanhai & Humsafar as consecutive hits..& now it has slowed down.

I remember how MZZB was huge & then right after for mths, there wasn't anything that great on television. So I guess it's always going up & down.
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Actually, there was MZZBN that kick started the whole A&B thing and we got great hits in diya jalay (their first project) and ijazat (duno y itx such a huge hit)
Dastaan is loved by all, but it isn't among hum tv's biggest hits.. the show was average when it comes to ratings...
daam got amazing ratings and with mera saaein and baraat series, things really rocked.
I wonder why ppl think Qaid-e-Tanhai was a huge hit. The drama actually flopped so badly, HUM had to end it abruptly. Don't ya remember the last episode? It was avrging a TRP os 1 by the time it ended. People rejected it as it was too similar to meri zaat.
Taify thumbnail
Actually, other than Humsafar, HUM doesn't stand anywhere in the ratings chart.
MZZBN was the first one to reach 6 rating and then there's mera saaein, daam, ijazat, diya jalay, maaye ni, baraat series etc.
Mera naseeb/ Maat was trheir 2nd biggest hit I think. but tey didn't reach the 6 range either... HUM's serials stay sometwhere in 3 max..
whereas, ARY with itx hit s always reaches 6.. It always has at least one serial doing the 6 range...
mera saaein>roag>maaye ni> NONE!
mera seein 2 was supposed to do it for the channel, but it has failed.
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Altaf Raja what about MAQH??? everybody loved it.. was it not a TRP puller..???
So Hum is like those critically acclaimed bollywood movies.. while Ary is the box office spinner.. all style no substance..😆
Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 12 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
mere sawaalon ka jawab do.. dooo na
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: -ChillMahaul-

Altaf Raja what about MAQH??? everybody loved it.. was it not a TRP puller..???

So Hum is like those critically acclaimed bollywood movies.. while Ary is the box office spinner.. all style no substance..😆

HUM is popular in metropolis :P
whereas, ARY and GEO are watched by ppl in hyderabad, larkana blah blah =P
HUM has improved post Humsafar as now they have serials on weekdays too..
MAQH did what it was expected to do.. It wasn't a huge hit but wasn't a flop either.
And you cannot say ARY doesn't have good stuff.. the best part about ARY is that it balances everything well. There are sitcoms, serious drmaas, reality shows.. whereas HUM loses track somewhere in between.
karankittu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
what the hell
yeh zindagi in top 3!
it should be in the worst 3!
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

Actually, other than Humsafar, HUM doesn't stand anywhere in the ratings chart.

MZZBN was the first one to reach 6 rating and then there's mera saaein, daam, ijazat, diya jalay, maaye ni, baraat series etc.
Mera naseeb/ Maat was trheir 2nd biggest hit I think. but tey didn't reach the 6 range either... HUM's serials stay sometwhere in 3 max..
whereas, ARY with itx hit s always reaches 6.. It always has at least one serial doing the 6 range...
mera saaein>roag>maaye ni> NONE!
mera seein 2 was supposed to do it for the channel, but it has failed.

but trps aren't everything..the common Pakistani drama viewer doesn't judge a drama by its ratings..For example. Main Abdul Qadir Hoon was a brilliant drama..will probably go down as Fahad's best performance till date..people loved it..but, just because its TRPs were average doesn't mean the drama isn't a memorable one. Plus, as you mentioned not everyone watches Hum..even here in the USA and I'm sure other countries abroad..Hum isn't as readily available as Geo & Ary is when you get these Pakistani channels.

I don't know about Qaid e Tanhai's trps, but I know a lot of people liked that drama..probably because of Umera Ahmed..her stories usually always attract attention..see, as I said..the common Pakistani viewer doesn't judge dramas by trps...or even know about ratings based on trps. We as viewers mostly just judge dramas by their content..there are very few dramas out there that have high trps & are excellent at the same time in terms of content, acting etc.
starstruckk thumbnail
@Taify..so what's ARY's best drama in recent times based on trps? For hum = Humsafar..for geo = MZZB..& for Ary? don't tell me Mera Saeein. 😆..Mera Saeein 2 seems better than Mera Saeein the original
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thx for sharing AWww Jahez on 1 my mom watc that show ahah my fav show on 3 Quddusi Sahab Ki Bewah :)