Main Chand Si - Most underrated drama in recent..

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I just started watching this drama a few days ago & I got hooked. Just finished watching it & my mind is BLOWN. If someone has not watched this drama yet, but would like to watch a worthwhile 20 or so episode drama..then this is a MUST watch. I'm sure someone made a thread on this drama already but I just had to let this out in another thread by saying..wow is this drama UNDERRATED or what? I can not believe how generally you do not hear many people talking about this drama, not even when it was airing. or is it just me? lol

Anyway, this in my opinion is the best drama of this yr so far!

Sure the drama had some tiny bit of flaws here & there, but the performances of Sami, Fahad & Saba were beyond great. Even Sana Askari was decent (not as good as the other three, but still good) & I'm not a Sami Khan fan but I must say, I actually loved his performance in this drama. Fahad & Saba are just awesome to say the least. I would even go as far as saying Fahad & Saba are THE most versatile actor & actress in Pakistan right now.

I just had to let this out because I literally had goosebumps as I was watching Saba's performance towards the end of the drama. It just got me wondering..why is this drama so underrated. I really loved it..& not just the performances, but the script & direction etc were great too.

Seriously, I'm not sure whether or not any of you will agree but this drama has had the most powerful performances in recent times. I'm so glad I saw it once it finished though..I hate waiting every week for dramas that I instantly get hooked on. πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^i havent read the whole post...
in a hurry..
will be back

but erm it WAS a hit as far as i know πŸ€”
and i loved and watched it too πŸ€”

Drawback: A&B ka tha? i dunno agar tha toh ugh woh hi wajah hai it didnt get THAT hype 🀣 i mean... theyre bad luck 😳 🀣 i kid, i dunno, mere nazdeek it was a hit, as far as i know... baaqi if ur saying it because of no creations on the forum and no as such topics... then... πŸ€” well, its obvious iss forum pe sab shows ko log moo khol ke pasand nai karte... they like it, and keep their mouth shut... unless ofcourse it has a Fawad or a Humayun Saeed or Mahira Khan πŸ˜†
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

baaqi if ur saying it because of no creations on the forum and no as such topics... then... πŸ€” well, its obvious iss forum pe sab shows ko log moo khol ke pasand nai karte... they like it, and keep their mouth shut... unless ofcourse it has a Fawad or a Humayun Saeed or Mahira Khan πŸ˜†

Nobody makes topics on my Humayun😭
Nobody made a topic for Kaafir's last episode..😭

Everybody underestimates him:/
mean ppl.😑

Nd i still have to watch it.Will watch in my vacations😊 nd then get back to uπŸ˜‰ starstruck.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Afridimalikk-

^i havent read the whole post...

in a hurry..
will be back

but erm it WAS a hit as far as i know πŸ€”
and i loved and watched it too πŸ€”

Drawback: A&B ka tha? i dunno agar tha toh ugh woh hi wajah hai it didnt get THAT hype 🀣 i mean... theyre bad luck 😳 🀣 i kid, i dunno, mere nazdeek it was a hit, as far as i know... baaqi if ur saying it because of no creations on the forum and no as such topics... then... πŸ€” well, its obvious iss forum pe sab shows ko log moo khol ke pasand nai karte... they like it, and keep their mouth shut... unless ofcourse it has a Fawad or a Humayun Saeed or Mahira Khan πŸ˜†

No, lol I'm not talking about this forum πŸ˜† I just wanted to share this here because I feel if anyone hasn't watched this drama then they should & I'm not sure if many have because I, myself, didn't take note of this drama as it was airing.

I'm talking generally..A lot of people I know haven't watched this drama for some reason. or they have and just haven't talked about it. Also, after I finished watching the drama I searched it up on facebook..πŸ˜†..& I found a small little fanpage on it..with as little as 2k fans I was shocked about that too. πŸ˜† It may have been a hit as in it was well received but I feel it wasn't advertised on ARY properly through say their morning show? and then I feel some people may have ignored the drama because of AnB. They make a million dramas and that too all on ARY & I'm sure a lot of people tend to ignore some of their work thinking it's maybe the same thing with the same people again & again. Also, I feel this drama should have been played on Hum..I feel Hum has a larger viewership & at times despite ARY dramas having good storylines they aren't as much appreciated..I feel a lot has to do with the channel. For instance Main Abdul Qadir Hoon was an AnB production, however on Hum..it was a massive hit, but had it been on ARY, I don't know if the receiving would've been the same. I'm not sure how they say ARY tops the charts with its viewers..πŸ˜•...I feel it's Hum.

By the way, what did you think of Saba's acting? She was the best part about the drama. I loved her. I really hope she's nominated next yr for the Lux Awards...but then again, I don't feel our awards are all that great in appreciating television talent. We have a lot of actors & actresses yet like one award show with like 5 awards for television. πŸ˜•

starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeephRun

Nobody makes topics on my Humayun😭
Nobody made a topic for Kaafir's last episode..😭

Everybody underestimates him:/
mean ppl.😑

Nd i still have to watch it.Will watch in my vacations😊 nd then get back to uπŸ˜‰ starstruck.

yeah definitely watch it. I'm sure you'll like it. I never liked Sami Khan before, but I must say he's kind of growing on me now. πŸ˜† He was really good in this drama.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i have seen a few epis of this one.. where saba comes to know about HIV.. she was fantastic in those scenes... i remember posting about her acting in forum sumwhere..

as for the whole serial i could not watch it.. will try and catch it in free time..
starstruckk thumbnail
^ yeah, as I said Saba was indeed the best part about the drama. Her performance was beyond words. She only gets better post the HIV news.

I'm totally starstruckk. πŸ˜†..I've always liked her though, but I feel she just proves herself even more with every drama she chooses. & the best part about her, at least in my opinion, is that she chooses good scripts & that only helps bring out the best in her.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree about the script part.. she chooses good scripts in which she has some real acting to do...and her acting toh is always good.. she just keeps on improving ..
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
about the facebook thing, really!? πŸ€” πŸ˜†
u know what the people are after now... but perhaps not... i mean the cast of Main Chand si was fantastic... i mean SABA QAMAR ( god she is perfection in its own ), Fahad Mustafa ( acting thi bande ki ya kya tha 😳 ) awesome, he annoyed me to death! :D lol i mean he proved himself yet again with that role.
Sami Khan πŸ€” well, just because the drama was good, you cant say he acted well :P i mean u know he didnt have a scope in there :| i mean Saba ki acting counts man :| the way she acted when she was married to sami... and then especially after she got married to fahad and knows she's now HIV+... uff! and Fahad toh thruout had a tough role, done very well, where as Sami, in his usual avatar, boy-next-door kinda, jise PHIR larki nahi mili, and he had to kaam chalaofy with a second choice πŸ˜† i mean usko KYA acting karni thi yaar?! πŸ€” the usual he does in all A&B prods (that, BTW is ALL that he does πŸ˜†)
Sami, though offtopic, does seem good in the Baraat ki copy on ARY.. shadi mubarak!? πŸ€” haan usmain, i dont atleast get annoyed by him when i watch that show :P LOL

as far as your HUM TV wala point is concerned, again YES! totally, Hum ki viewership is much more than any entertainment channel. and even if other channels do gain higher TRPs at one slot, theres still a bigger chance of the thing being a hit on Hum tv. its just i dunno HUM TV ke shows seem ... GRAND!? πŸ€” if i cud say that :S u know :P LOL

SABA QAMAR. literally NO WORDS. she's gorgeous and to add to it, she acts too damn well 😳 aajkal 2 in 1 cases, u can hardly find but she mA is gifted, i swear if she doesnt win this time round aswell... it has to be the most biased LSA ever held πŸ˜†
she's just too good!

starstruckk, we DO have awards sort of u know, but nothing is as big as LSA... LSA is just too big 😳 warna i have seen awards here n there πŸ€” but i agree, we SHOULD have awards, at times, some deserving things dont get nominated too, i feel... u know..
Aizaz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i will watch it now for sure.