Takay Ki Ayegi Baraat(GEO TV)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Azar, Dolly, and now Taka.. This has turned into a franchise. One of the most popular brand on Television today returns with another season on GEO Television. Reviewing this one is not going to be easy, but on popular demand.

Story: The story continues from where it ended. It has many layers, but this time the story revolves around Sukhi and Taka, that are now in love, and ready to get married. The happenings around them make up the story.

To be honest, this time the drama has no proper story. It is more about the lovely characters now being put together in situations, than a properly written story. There are side tracks like always. The bhanji and nani love angle for example work, and does not work for many reasons. It looks farfetched, and unreal. The returning cousin angle holds something.

Characters: By now, the characters are legendary, and hold on their own. I do not think my words would be able to do justice to such beautifully written and executed characters.

Saima Chuhdry is a name to reckon with. The character has reached unprecedented heights, and many credit it for the success of the drama, but I say it is a team work.

All the characters have equal importance, yes some are neglected but it is a family, and the whole package that work. Javed Sheikh's character is beautifully written too. The insecurities are nicely shows.

Technicalities : Directed by Marina Khan, and Nadeem Baig this one is beautifully. Amazing shots and scenes. Bravo.This time Vasay Chauhdry has written the script on his own, and comparatively it is weaker. The drama entertains, but fails to tell a story as I had pointed earlier. It is like traffic going here there, and not knowing the destination. The dialogues are beautiful, and make you laugh. Emotional scenes are there in the right dosage, and work. The "references" are nicely put.

The editing is first rate. Nothing looks dragged. The OST is fun, and something you can listen to over and over again. The styling, and wardrobe gives the drama the right look.

Acting : The drama has mammoth starcast, but lets begin from the oldies. Samina Ahmad holds on her own. She is a brilliant actress, and has proven it time and again. She gets a great role to play, and plays it with great panache, and sensitivity. Bushra Ansari is herself. Saima Chuhdry is now synonymous to her, and no other actress could've done justice to this role. Her voice , dialogue delivery, and expressions are perfect. I am sure this would help her already huge fan following grow more. Saba Hameed does not get much to do this season, but shines whenever she is on screen.

Javed Sheikh takes to this role like a fish takes to water, and is immensely likeable. He shows amazing maturity, and leaves you impressed.This is something experience teaches you. Manzoor Qureshi is fun to watch in the role of Bhanji, but doesn't stand out. Shehryar Zaidi is himself.

Uroosa Siddiqui is a natural actress. She is highly likable on screen. Alishba Yusufdoesn't get much to do, but looks pretty, and is acceptable in the role. Sana Askarihas immensely improved, and her timing is good. She is not only a pretty face, but a great actor too. Natasha Ali shines in a small role, and leaves an impact

Ali Safina suits the role to perfection. His acting talent is still raw, but does justice to the role. Ahsan doesn't get much scope. Did he choose the role just to be part of the cast? Rest of the cast is good. Everyone performs their role nicely

. I would also mention that the added star appearance work for several reasons: Mostly because, we hardly see such things on our television these days.

Over All: The drama is a success, and rightly so. It is made with one intention, and that is to "entertain". Yes, it is not as good as the previous seasons, but delivers what it promises. Watch this lighthearted serial with your family, and enjoy.

Rating :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/takay-ki-ayegi-baraat/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
3.5 stars? Are you kidding me? It deserves a 2.
The drama was so poorly put together.. Gave me more of a migrain than enjoyment.