Jahez GEO TV review - TVKahani

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Review

Dowry, Jahez, is one topic that has been beaten to death in our dramas, movies and novels alike. This topic had disappeared from our screens long time ago, as many believed it to not be attractive anymore, but GEO TV's latest presentation 'Jahez' deals with the topic.
Jahez shows the helplessness of a woman, the jealousy of relatives, the evilness of sasural and the plight of parents. This is old wine in old bottle. This is what it exactly is. There is nothing new in this serial from any point of view.
I fail to understand why they had to make something this mediocre? The story is about one family, consisting of parents, played by Hina Dilpazeer and Abid Ali, and their four children, Shaikho (Faysal Qureshi) and three other sisters.
The family brings a bahu in Saira (Jana Malik), but things go awry and they kill. The story then continues with them bringing another bahu, Tanzeela(Sussane).
The story doesn't look interesting from any point of view. The only reason I gave this one is a try is the fact that it is directed by Babar Javed, whom I can never get enough of. The story by Amna Mufti, as I said is not new, but travels at the right pace. Twists and turns are predictable, but fortunately one thing happens after another which keeps the ball rolling.
There are some side tracks too in the the story, but they do not really work; especially the neighbor's track. It is totally useless, and does nothing for the story. The OST goes well with the mood of the story.
The direction (Babar Javed and Furqan Khan) is good, but then I see some weak scenes at the same time.I.E:, The scene where they burn Saira, in my opinion, is vaguely directed. What brings the twists looks to be a weakly executed scene.
The editing is okay.
The dialogues are of marvelous quality, except those uttered by Baddu Aapa (Hina Dilpazeer). The character is beautifully written, and executed. She is loveable and worth hating at the same time. The actress brings a flavor no one else could, and brings the character to life. It is very real and also brings that much needed humor in the serial. Her dialogue delivery is perfect. It won't be wrong to say that the actress carries the whole serial on her strong shoulders.
Abid Ali is another actor whom we all love for his bravo portrayals of numerous characters over the year. This time again, he plays an evil and mean father-in-law. The actor is perfect, but is over shadowed by the marvelous Hina, but no complaints as he plays his role perfectly.
Faysal Qureshi is one of the best actors we have in the industry today. The actor plays the novice, bechara lost-in-his-thoughts beta perfectly, but I have a problem here. Why is he playing this role? This is a supporting character and could've easily been played by any other actor. It's true, no one could've played it the way Faysal does, but it would've been much better had it been played by someone else. Actors like Faysal Qureshi are born once in years, and he should not abuse his unprecedented talent by accepting each and every role he's offered.
Uroosa Fareed over acts; she is a well-polished actress, and seeing his over express is just aching. Jana Malik is really believable. The actress has truly re-invented herself. Afsheen is okay, and so is Faisal Naqvi. Sadia Ghaffar plays her role fairly well, but isn't good enough. Tehreem Zubairi is a good actress, but gets a poor character.
Over all, Jahez is impressive in bits and parts. Watch it for the amazing performance by Hina Dilpazeer, which will be talked about for a long time.

Ratings :

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/Jahez/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
i've been following this on and off..
i agree with the reviewer about most of the things like the story line it is beaten to death.. but still it is watchable because of the way it is presented.
the characters (almost all of them) look real including the two unmarried sisters.
i'z actually curios about the neighbor (tehreem zubairi)'s part.. but it came out as a big time disappointment.

@taify.. i sometimes feel that it would be better if these reviews come out at the time when the serial is ending as it will generate more discussions..
Ladybug10 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It is a great serial. Reviews are just bakwas.
But i agree with the performances reviews
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

i agree with the reviewer about most of the things like the story line it is beaten to death.. but still it is watchable because of the way it is presented.
the characters (almost all of them) look real including the two unmarried sisters.
i'z actually curios about the neighbor (tehreem zubairi)'s part.. but it came out as a big time disappointment.

@taify.. i sometimes feel that it would be better if these reviews come out at the time when the serial is ending as it will generate more discussions..

i am able to do that, bcz of the time I know what the story is going to be...

what do u think of FQ part?
I think someone else should've had done it, and i had a long discussion with Faysal regarding that, who told me that no role is small, the actor is, whereas i was saying that sometime having such a big actor over shadows the story.. this is what faysal does here i think.
I do not mind his small roles. Loved him in maaye ni and ishq junoon to name a few...

and i agree.. the characters r very real

Originally posted by: Jenniferlover

It is a great serial. Reviews are just bakwas.
But i agree with the performances reviews

i am glad u agree with some thing =)

Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

i am able to do that, bcz of the time I know what the story is going to be...

what do u think of FQ part?
I think someone else should've had done it, and i had a long discussion with Faysal regarding that, who told me that no role is small, the actor is, whereas i was saying that sometime having such a big actor over shadows the story.. this is what faysal does here i think.
I do not mind his small roles. Loved him in maaye ni and ishq junoon to name a few...

and i agree.. the characters r very real

@bold.. exactly .. you know the future story but the viewers do not.. they dont know about upcoming twists and all...so i feel ff the reviews are posted in later stage of the serial it will generate more discussions ..(just my views)

@ FQ.. i do not mind watching him be it a small or big role until he keeps experimenting and doing different stuff .. but the only time i thought his character was not required or he went OTT was in MAQH.

Taify thumbnail

@bold.. exactly .. you know the future story but the viewers do not.. they dont know about upcoming twists and all...so i feel ff the reviews are posted in later stage of the serial it will generate more discussions ..(just my views)

@ FQ.. i do not mind watching him be it a small or big role until he keeps experimenting and doing different stuff .. but the only time i thought his character was not required or he went OTT was in MAQH.

yeah, he over acted there...
but is a brilliant actor.

Hmmm.. i review whenever I have too many requests :p
everyone was asking for Jahez 😆
what we do is we review it here.. and when it is about the end, put oit as drama of the week again :p

smart ppl, LOL.
51559 thumbnail

oye u also 😆 yaar bht awesome serial he kasam se.. i wish i could kill MAAJI (Bulbulay waali).. the perfect evil of the show..