Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: starstuck

I'm talking about a production house sticking with a few people constantly.

Haissam is a director, if we're going to talk about directors here then a lot of directors have worked with the same people continuously.

Baber Javed & Faisal Qureshi...
Baber and Fahad Mustafa
Mehreen and Faisal Rehman
Mehreen and Nadia Jameel
Mehreen and Humayun Saeed
Haissam and Sanam Baloch
etc etc

..but that's totally different in my opinion. These actors don't have to depend upon these directors for work. They can very well bag any drama, with any director and any production house. However, with AnB..I truly feel they stick with one group of people...and a lot of those people probably wouldn't be getting as much of publicity if it weren't for this production house. And, they've like taken over ARY Digital. All I see on ARY is AnB produced dramas with the same cast and crew with one or two changes or additions in each drama. The problem with that is you're constantly seeing the same people on one channel..the same people working with the same director, with the same production house, with the same costars..and at times, it feels like you're just seeing the same stuff over and over again.

I never found a problem with Faisal Qureshi working with Baber Javed in every other serial of his..it's usually on various kinds of channels..and it has been with different production houses..and Faisal has been shuffled around with different people. On top of that Faisal has ALWAYS been in demand. I see it as the same with Fawad Khan or even Sanam Baloch and Haissam. They've both been pretty popular since Dastaan together..and they're famous..I see no harm in them working together three times with the same director. They've worked with Six Sigma and Momina and their dramas have been on different channels. Doesn't feel like I'm watching the same stuff over and over again. The likes of Aiza Khan or Sami Khan arent even that famous and it seems like if it werent for this production house, they wouldnt be getting much work. That's most definitely not the case with Fawad by any stretch of imagination.

The likes of Aiza Khan or Sami Khan arent even that famous and it seems like if it werent for this production house, they wouldnt be getting much work. That's most definitely not the case with Fawad by any stretch of imagination.
jab naam pukary jaein gy n parvaiz r on air these days starring sami khan n without the tag of AnB
love lahore life n akhri barish recently ended n were having sami khan but no AnB
two new promos of sami's plays r on air n most probably r going to start this month, both plays r not AnB's work (mein n anushka)
so sami khan will be there even when there'll be no more AnB
(count them will probably more than fawad's plays on air right now)
On top of that Faisal has ALWAYS been in demand. I see it as the same with Fawad Khan or even Sanam Baloch and Haissam.
what's your criteria to judge that faisal, fawad n sanam r in demand???
if that was the case then y faisal qureshi's ishq ibadat is having less viewership than that of my dear sautan (having no strong story n according to u well known faces)
both r there on wednesday sharing same time slots
if fawad n sanam are that much in demand y the hell kaadu jadu (having no well known actor thats in demand) snatched 8 pm slot from kuch pyar ka pagal pan???
while both fawad n sanam r there
sorry if u think m rude 😆 its not really the case 😳
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ I don't understand what you're trying to say. When I say in demand, I mean popular. People like seeing them in dramas. If you think the likes of Faisal, Fahad, Fawad or Sanam don't fall into that category then I don't know what to tell you.

And, yes not every drama of a popular actor or actress will turn out to be the best of the best. Akbari Asghari used to come on Saturdays, and then got shifted to Thursdays..and Humsafar took over the Saturday slot. Fawad's like THE most popular actor on television..and Haissam still took Fawad and Sanam in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan despite the shift with Akbari Asghari considering it wasn't working out on Saturdays. In the bigger picture, a few dramas not working don't diminish an actress or actor's entire potential.

As far as Sami Khan is concerned..I think he's a decent actor..but he by no means is as famous as some of the others. I sort of fail to understand the obsession AnB has with the guy. Sure, he has worked with other production houses too..but most of his current work is on ARY with AnB..and it's getting way too repetitive in my opinion because it seems like I'm watching the same stuff all the time. Aiza Khan on the other hand is a different case. I think she plain sucks as an actress.
Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
arshiiii thumbnail
Completely agree! FQ, Fahad Mustafa, Sami Khan, Aiza Khan, Sana Askari, Aijaz Aslam and Aaminah Sheikh...one of these 7 actors just HAS to be in an A&B drama. And lately Saba Qamar, Neelam Muneer and Sumbul Iqbal have been showing up a lot too. Oh, and lets not forget the same collection of aunties/uncles that are thrown in as the parents in every drama LOL.

Seriously, I don't even watch A&B dramas, unless I get a really good recommendation. It seems more like a factory than a production house. Everything is just generic, whether it be the actors, the sets or sometimes even the storylines. Plus, they also have a habit of stretching dramas out WAY longer than they should be, ie: Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Ik Hatheli Pe Hina, Pul Siraat, etc.

I used to love Sami Khan but I honestly can't stand him anymore. A&B productions have really misused his talent by giving him the same rona-dhona, didn't-get-the-girl type roles, like in Tootey Howey Per, Mein Chaand Si, Umm-E-Kulsoom, My Dear Sautan (whoa, I didn't expect the list to be that long. :D) Oh, and TOTALLY agree with Aijaz Aslam and Aiza Khan being jobless without A&B. And Sami to the list, because I haven't seen him any dramas from different prod. companies in a while.

The point of this rant: I don't want to be flipping through dramas and not be able to differentiate between them because they all have the same actors. Show some variety please!
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshiii

Completely agree! FQ, Fahad Mustafa, Sami Khan, Aiza Khan, Sana Askari, Aijaz Aslam and Aaminah Sheikh...one of these 7 actors just HAS to be in an A&B drama. And lately Saba Qamar, Neelam Muneer and Sumbul Iqbal have been showing up a lot too. Oh, and lets not forget the same collection of aunties/uncles that are thrown in as the parents in every drama LOL.

Seriously, I don't even watch A&B dramas, unless I get a really good recommendation. It seems more like a factory than a production house. Everything is just generic, whether it be the actors, the sets or sometimes even the storylines. Plus, they also have a habit of stretching dramas out WAY longer than they should be, ie: Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, Ik Hatheli Pe Hina, Pul Siraat, etc.

I used to love Sami Khan but I honestly can't stand him anymore. A&B productions have really misused his talent by giving him the same rona-dhona, didn't-get-the-girl type roles, like in Tootey Howey Per, Mein Chaand Si, Umm-E-Kulsoom, My Dear Sautan (whoa, I didn't expect the list to be that long. :D) Oh, and TOTALLY agree with Aijaz Aslam and Aiza Khan being jobless without A&B. And Sami to the list, because I haven't seen him any dramas from different prod. companies in a while.

The point of this rant: I don't want to be flipping through dramas and not be able to differentiate between them because they all have the same actors. Show some variety please!

Hahahaha 😆 So true, agree with the part in red. It's so funny, that you forget who's parents they are in each drama:P
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Sami Khan cant act saala..
itzMYattitude thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstuck

^ I don't understand what you're trying to say. When I say in demand, I mean popular. People like seeing them in dramas. If you think the likes of Faisal, Fahad, Fawad or Sanam don't fall into that category then I don't know what to tell you.

And, yes not every drama of a popular actor or actress will turn out to be the best of the best. Akbari Asghari used to come on Saturdays, and then got shifted to Thursdays..and Humsafar took over the Saturday slot. Fawad's like THE most popular actor on television..and Haissam still took Fawad and Sanam in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan despite the shift with Akbari Asghari considering it wasn't working out on Saturdays. In the bigger picture, a few dramas not working don't diminish an actress or actor's entire potential.

As far as Sami Khan is concerned..I think he's a decent actor..but he by no means is as famous as some of the others. I sort of fail to understand the obsession AnB has with the guy. Sure, he has worked with other production houses too..but most of his current work is on ARY with AnB..and it's getting way too repetitive in my opinion because it seems like I'm watching the same stuff all the time. Aiza Khan on the other hand is a different case. I think she plain sucks as an actress.

dearrr
once again someone failed to understand me inspite of the whole essay have written 😆
was only trying to ask what's ur criteria is to judge fawad is in demand n sami khan is jobless without AnBs
n for fawad khan u cant say anything dear
he came in the industry even before sami khan
he is in industry from last more than 10 years n have only two hit plays humsafar n dastaan till date
he has to prove himself yet, he is noone to be compared with sami khan
about sami khan's play u people r not liking or watching them but there r people watching them
n all of them r going average yr
n sorry if i have done any sort of mistake jumping in ur post, i was only giving my opinion
i love watching AnBs as m sami's hugee fan
n u will going to understand this when AnB will start casting fawad in their serials 😆
itzMYattitude thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pulwasha

Sami Khan cant act saala..

yeah exactly thats y AnBs giving him chance in every play so he can improve himself
then y u people have issues let him improve his acting skills na 😳
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

dearrr

once again someone failed to understand me inspite of the whole essay have written 😆
was only trying to ask what's ur criteria is to judge fawad is in demand n sami khan is jobless without AnBs
n for fawad khan u cant say anything dear
he came in the industry even before sami khan
he is in industry from last more than 10 years n have only two hit plays humsafar n dastaan till date
he has to prove himself yet, he is noone to be compared with sami khan

about sami khan's play u people r not liking or watching them but there r people watching them
n all of them r going average yr
n sorry if i have done any sort of mistake jumping in ur post, i was only giving my opinion
i love watching AnBs as m sami's hugee fan
n u will going to understand this when AnB will start casting fawad in their serials 😆

I didn't read beyond the bold part...if you think Fawad who's merely a few drama serials old and still one of the best today..has still yet to prove himself in order to be compared to Sami Khan..then no offense but that's just laughable. No poiint in discussing anything further.

itzMYattitude thumbnail
starstruckk thumbnail
You're not getting the point here. You think doing merely 6 or so dramas is a lot of work? Oh please, give me a break. Sami Khan has done way more dramas than Fawad. Up until 2007, Fawad was ALWAYS known as the lead vocalist of EP, Jutt & Bond as well as Khuda Ke Liye, & that's it. After KKL, he has done a FEW dramas..yes only a few that you can literally count those dramas on your fingertips..but none of those dramas were substantial enough to allow him to enter the big league of actors. Heck, it didn't even seem as if Fawad wanted to become a legit actor because he'd merely attempt one or two dramas here and there which were not the kind of dramas that'd put you on the top of the charts. His breakthrough performance was Dastaan..that's when people started taking him seriously as an actor because the role was so substantial and legit for an actor to prove his worth...and he did a brilliant job portraying his character.

Sami Khan's Tere Pehloo Mein which he had to leave half way was probably worse than all of Fawad's "flop dramas" combined. I really don't understand HOW you're bringing in Fawad Khan into a discussion that's discussing a production house that has nothing to do with him. You have your opinion, and I have mine..if you feel Sami Khan's a better actor than Fawad..then that's fine..but if you're going to act oblivious to the FACT that Fawad's ahead of the game than most actors today, let alone Sami Khan.. with only a bit of television work (yes even though he's been around for a while in SHOWBIZ..he has only done a bit of television up until 2010)...then you're honestly in denial.

If this "essay" still doesn't help you comprehend this Fawad vs Sami debate you brought up then I don't know what will. End of from my side. This topic is dragging on with Fawad vs Sami when it never ever was about them.

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago