What's up with AnB productions and the casting?

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I really needed to vent this out.

Is it just me or does this production house seem to cast the same people over and over and over again? Check ARY out, and 90 percent of the serials are by Asif Mir & Baber Javed productions..and that isn't the problem...the problem in my opinion is the casting. Seems like they cast the same people in every other friggen drama? Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this. I don't even have to look at the name of the producers anymore to see who produced the drama..the cast gives it away in their case.

These people are ALWAYS in an AnB drama:

Faisal Qureshi
Fahad Mustafa

^ these two were favs of this production house till a while ago. It wasn't so bad till they kept adding on new favs and continuously had them in every other drama.

Next, it was Aamina Sheikh who kept getting casted. (I love tthese three, but yeah...)

then there's Aijaz Aslam...

then came along, SAMI KHAN. 😆 I see Sami Khan in every other ARY drama..and coincidentally they're all produced by this production house. 😲

Another addition..Aiza Khan..I swear..if it wasn't for this production house, I think this girl & Aijaz Aslam would be left jobless. 😆 They also tend to cast Sana Askari quite a lot now.

They have nice dramas..but I really feel they need to shuffle up the cast members every now and then. It's kinda annoying to see the same people on ARY 24/7. They have gripping stories..but the cast gets so repetitive...does anyone else think that?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree as well.. They tend to also repeat Saba Parvez and Sumbul Iqbal in there dramas as well.. I get confused beteeen Kaala Jadoo, Maaye Ni and Mein Chaand Si sometimes.. Even
In there soaps the casting is repeated.
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i completely agree.. watching same faces again and again in 3,4 different serials is annoying..
simplytoxic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I completely agree. I have noticed that too and it's really annoying to tell you the truth...especially when all the shows start looking the same. I don't mind Fahad Mustafa and Faisal Qureshi but even tough they remain casting favorites, they both still get to do totally different and challenging characters each time. It's not like they are repeating the same character over and over again... I admit that it has been a bit of overexposure of Faisal Qureshi but that's because he has been doing stuff for other production houses too.
But people like Sami Khan and Aiza Khan...it's like they are repeating the same roles all the time. Especially Sami Khan, he is playing the loser who lost his love in all their dramas... Tootay Huwe Par, Jo Chaley to Jaan Se Guzar Gaye, Main Chaand Si and so on... And they paired Sami Khan and Saba Qamar in Main Chaand Si and Jo Chalay to... where he doesn't get the girl...should have been some kind of time period gap between them because this just makes them plain boring
I feel this production house is doing lots of good work but feel that they should cast others also instead of their loyalists because or else their dramas are becoming too monotonous!
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Can't agree enough!!! -__- Aiza, Sami, Amina Sheikh, Fahad, and FaisalAs much as I like Fahad and Faisal...them being casted in EVERY other show is just really annoying :/
starstruckk thumbnail
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

I find Aiza Khan & Aijaz Aslam very annoying. Sami Khan's alright, but seeing him in every other drama these days is quite annoying too.

This production house needs to start with a new kind of cast, and also give their dramas to Hum here and there..because they're stories are good..it's their casting that's just too much now & they've like taken over ARY. 😆

btw, I feel Momina Duraid is the best producer currently. .
Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ahhh
sami khan in every serial just a wish of mine came true in 2011 😳
n for me tuesdays n thursday are quite boring
so i have no complaints regarding this
A n B my favvv production house these days
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
UFFF! u are ABSOLUTELY RIGHTTT! :|
and sami khan is SOO OVERRATED! -_-
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

more than 90% of the plays done by fawad khan are by Haissam Hussain jeevan ki rahon mein, dastaan, akbari asghari kuch pyar ka n so on

y noone complains over there dear???
becoz he is ur fav?????
i dont know y u against sami khan 🥺
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

more than 90% of the plays done by fawad khan are by Haissam Hussain jeevan ki rahon mein, dastaan, akbari asghari kuch pyar ka n so on

y noone complains over there dear???
becoz he is ur fav?????
i dont know y u against sami khan 🥺

I'm talking about a production house sticking with a few people constantly.

Haissam is a director, if we're going to talk about directors here then a lot of directors have worked with the same people continuously.

Baber Javed & Faisal Qureshi...
Baber and Fahad Mustafa
Mehreen and Faisal Rehman
Mehreen and Nadia Jameel
Mehreen and Humayun Saeed
Haissam and Sanam Baloch
etc etc

..but that's totally different in my opinion. These actors don't have to depend upon these directors for work. They can very well bag any drama, with any director and any production house. However, with AnB..I truly feel they stick with one group of people...and a lot of those people probably wouldn't be getting as much of publicity if it weren't for this production house. And, they've like taken over ARY Digital. All I see on ARY is AnB produced dramas with the same cast and crew with one or two changes or additions in each drama. The problem with that is you're constantly seeing the same people on one channel..the same people working with the same director, with the same production house, with the same costars..and at times, it feels like you're just seeing the same stuff over and over again.

I never found a problem with Faisal Qureshi working with Baber Javed in every other serial of his..it's usually on various kinds of channels..and it has been with different production houses..and Faisal has been shuffled around with different people. On top of that Faisal has ALWAYS been in demand. I see it as the same with Fawad Khan or even Sanam Baloch and Haissam. They've both been pretty popular since Dastaan together..and they're famous..I see no harm in them working together three times with the same director. They've worked with Six Sigma and Momina and their dramas have been on different channels. Doesn't feel like I'm watching the same stuff over and over again. The likes of Aiza Khan or Sami Khan arent even that famous and it seems like if it werent for this production house, they wouldnt be getting much work. That's most definitely not the case with Fawad by any stretch of imagination.

Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago