Ayesha Takia to do Ekta Kapoor's film

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Ayesha Takia
After completing Boney Kapoor's Milenge Milenge (starring Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor) and Subhash Ghai's Shaadi Se Pehle (Akshaye Khanna, Mallika Sherawat and Ayesha Takia), director Satish Kaushik is ready to roll again.

His next project will be produced by Balaji Telefilms, and scripted by Anuj Kapoor (Pankaj Kapoor's brother). It will be shot entirely in Mumbai.

Ayesha's perfect

Titled Kya Love Story Hai (Ekta's fascination for K continues), Tusshar Kapoor and Ayesha Takia will play the leads. "We had decided on Tusshar long back. Ayesha Takia was finalised late last week," says Kaushik.

"Ayesha is a very sweet girl and will go very far, mark my words. Having worked with her in Shaadi Se Pehle, I have a very comfortable equation with her. Plus, she fitted the role perfectly," says the director.

Family bond

Incidentally, Kaushik was Tusshar's first director (in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai).

"The Kapoors and I go back a long way. After I directed Tusshar in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai, Jeetuji, Shobhaji and Ekta have become my family friends."

Kaushik is unwilling to reveal the story and characters of the film. All he says is, "Kya Love Story Hai will really make you say,' kya love story hai!'. It is a maha romantic film."

Man of many parts

Satish Kaushik
Apart from filmmaking, Satish Kaushik is a well-known comedian in Bollywood. His best works as a comic actor include Ram Lakhan (for which he won the Filmfare Best Comedian award), and Saajan Chale Sasural.

In the forthcoming Umar, directed by Karan Razdan, he plays Rajpal, an old man rejected by his family members, who proves himself along with his old friends, played by Prem Chopra and Kadar Khan.