Zeenat Aman, Soha to pen 'Postcards'

~LiNa~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Zeenat Aman, Soha to pen 'Postcards'
By Vickey Lalwani 2006 Bollyvista.com

Soha Ali Khan
Zeenat Aman, Soha Ali Khan and Shyan Munshi will star in Rajshree Ojha's Hinglish flick titled 'Postcards', Ankur Khanna (Konkona Sen Sharma's ex-boyfriend), Victor Banerjee and Rupa Ganguly (Draupadi of Mahabharata serial) will fill up the main balance cast among others.

'Postcards' will be shot in Cochin, Mumbai and Kolkata - mostly in that order. The 30-year old female director Ojha, who will also produce the film, has settled down in Mumbai to be in the hub of movie making. She has done her under-graduation from NYU and won a Student Oscar for her 7-minute experimental film titled 'Moments'. "I also completed my film masters at the American Film Institute and won an award from the Directors Guild for my second film as well - a 23-minute flick called 'Badger', Currently, I am staying in Andheri," she tells hitList.

Was getting Zeenat and Soha to work for a debutante female director a difficult task? "No. Frankly, I had only Zeenat Aman's character, Miss Kapoor, in mind, when I wrote the script with a family friend Anubhav Pal who also writes plays. And I really had no difficulty in either meeting Zeenat or convincing her to do the film. I know many Indian filmmakers who stay abroad and know Zeenat. That of course helped. Plus, I had a bound script and she loved it," Rajshree shoots back.

"Zeenat plays a woman in her late forties whose emotions and passion gets rekindled all over again when she has a bar encounter with Karan (Shyan) who is much younger than her," Rajshree smiles, adding, "Soha plays a young, intellectual girl Ira who is modern in her thinking and outlook."

"There are three urban-oriented stories running parallel in the film. One deals with Zeenat-Shyan, second deals with Soha-Ankur, and the third one deals with Rupa-Victor. The characters crisscross each other in the end at an airport. Any further give-away will spoil all the fun," Rajshree seals her lips.

Kira, grand daughter of Charlie Chaplin, who was born and brought up in Switzerland but currently stays in Los Angeles, will come down to India and shoot in Kolkata. "I know her and unlike her father, she is a serious actor," Ojha informs.

"The film deals with glimpses of life and keeps cutting back and forth. Hence the title 'Postcards' is very apt. It has the feel of Wong Kar-wai's 'In the Mood for Love'," says Ojha.

The length of the film will be about 105 minutes. "I am very passionate about proving a point. I intend winding up the shooting by June end, then taking the film to Venice festival, and finally releasing it in India in Diwali," Ojha signs off. Shooting starts on March 1st.

'Postcards' was earlier called 'Yatna'. Admits Rajshree, "The film had started on a very brief note and Kira had come down to shoot in Kolkata. But I realized that I could not make much headway, as I could not see the raising of funds happening as envisaged. So, we stopped it in the nascent stage itself. But now I am ready and loaded. Ankur Khanna is the only change I have made in the cast. I had Shiny Ahuja in mind, but he has got busy."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

marvelous.malks thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanks
soha looks different in this pic above 😛