Hum tv maat full drama review

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Home | Happenings | Dramas | Celebrities | Ratings | Contests | Forums | Contact |

Maat(Hum TV)

Preview
Cast & Crew
Wallpapers & Images
Articles
Trailers
Full Episodes
OST+Lyrics
Review
Trivia
Fanclub

Review

They say Fridays belong to HUM TV. The channel has been airing their best drama on Fridays, and now Mera Naseeb has been replaced by Maat that is written by Umera Ahmed, and produced under the home banner of Momal Productions.
Let's reviews this piece today.

Story: Maat tells the story of Aiman(Amina Sheikh) and Saman(Saba Qamar) two sisters that are poles apart.Aiman is the generous one, and on the other hand Saman is a mean sister who has always tried to snatch whatever her sister has. The story takes a turn when Aiman's fianc Faisal(Adnan Siddiqui) falls for Saman instead giving rise to twists, turns and hungama.

The story is basically the fight between good and evil, but what I like the most is the sister angle. We seldom see this kind of jealousy on our TV screens. The story unfortunately lacks twists, and is very predictable (Umera Ahmed).

Characters:
Aiman : She is the good sacrificing sister who is always there to cover p for her sister. Aiman is the kind of sister we all want until she decides it's time to head for revenge. This is a very simple character that we have seen in almost every drama.

Saman: She is witty, jealous, and obnoxious. This is one beautifully written character. Her meanness and jealousy is very beautifully covered in the drama. The greediness is very nicely shown too, and the pace at which the character unfolds is terrific.

Faisal: Our hero of the drama is more of a side character. He is the usual son we see in most soap these days. This is a very half baked character.

Technicalities: Directed by Amna Nawaz Khan, the shots are very simple and endearing. The story doesn't offer much, and after a point you really look for some major twists to happen but the story goes the predictable root. This is the only problem with Umera Ahmed who does not experiment with the kind of stories she tell. The dialogues are good, and editing is perfect.A good background score is missing. The OST is nicely sung and good one to listen to.

Acting: One and only one name stands out in the acting department and that is of Saba Qamar. The actress gets to play a mean role and does full justice to it. She does not let the opportunity slip away and shines in the role of Saman. Her performance will surely will her more admirers. Amina Sheikh is doing what she has been done for the longest period of time now, and offers no variety. Adnan Siddiqui gets no scope to show his talent thanks to a poorly written role.
Asad Malik fails to impress. Shamim Hilali is perfect.Rabir Noreen irritates. Rest of the cast is good.

Over All : Maat does not fall in the must watch category but it does not bore you either thanks to Saba Qamar's portrayal of Saman, and good direction of Amna Nawaz Khan.

Ratings :

About Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Disclaimer | Careers | Feedback

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ozymandias thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Have to agree on Saman, LOVEEE her. We rarely see such a bitchy character on screen. And Saba Qamar is playing her perfectly.
Annu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
indeed Maat is a one-woman show.. Saba Qamar.. 👍🏼
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think its pretty unfair to judge the show on just a few episodes when not even half the show is done yet..
ana.khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
saba qamar is really doing gr8 job lyk i hate saman in each scene...she z truely doing full justice to it...
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I don't understand how you can do full show reviews when the show is in its initial stages - does not make much sense to me. In fact, I think a lot of Pakistani shows end up disappointing in the second half - best hold your opinion of the show until then!
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Saba Qamar is Awsome in it!
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The writer is from the industry, and this one is based on a novel so almost everyone knows whatx next.