iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey, After ages...I am here. Don't wanna say much, just read and comments ! 😉

Heartless

The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.

He was drenched, completely drenched. The only thing was that he could not make out whether he was drenched by rain or emotions. He almost ran to his big, gigantic house, and changed cloths, took a warm bath and lied down. He was staring at the wall, blankly. He was tired as he just came from hospital; he lied down on the bed for few minutes and literally, stopped thinking about anything or just everything except her. He closed his eyes and last few months, and events of last months passed by him as a fiery whirlwind. He saw her, how he met her before two years and how his life changed completely. Maan Singh Khurana, one of the top businessmen of Delhi, accidently met with a woman named Geet as she would love to listen, her full name was Geet Handa but she never wanted anyone's name after her. So, for Maan, she was just Geet. She was a simple yet complicated woman he ever met in the world. She was a singer, but he met her in a pub, on the bar, having her favorite Vodka Martini and mixing some drinks and making world's best cocktails for the crowd, she was a show stealer, always. She was a complete opposite; she was loud, frank, rude and funny. She had amazing answers for pathetic questions of all the time; she was childish, noisy and colorful. He immediately fell for her pure, natural and flawless beauty and her intelligence with perfect blend of innocence. And, later that night, she was dancing and talking with him and having fun with him.

He was still in chain of thoughts, her thoughts and his phone rang, and he tried to avoid it but could not as he knew it was not the time. He got up tiredly and literally dragged his unsteady legs to table to pick up his cell, it was from hospital. He had to pick it up; he instantly picked it up without much wait.

'Hello…'

There was silence for some time; he listened to the voice carefully, with changed emotions, from horror to shock to panic and then again, horror.

'I am coming.'

He said it and ran down the stairs like he was never tired, like he was running for his life, like he had to win some race against life or death. Before few moments, he was drenched and he was tired and exhausted and then, in the last immediate split second, he had no choice. He ran. He did not realized when he started engine and when he was on express ways with fullest speed accessible in the meter. He drove like never before.

As soon as he reached hospital, a familiar face of nurse looked at him, but he had no time, she looked at him with worried expression but he ignored and ran again, he waited for lift but it was on top floor and he had no time to waste, he quickly ran and chose the stairs. His goal was 9th floor, where special patients were kept, where she was kept from last few months. He saw her from the glass doors of the ICU. A team of doctors were trying their best to save her, he stood there rooted for few minutes until the realization came over and shook his mind that he was not alone there, and there was someone around the corner near window, sitting blank and empty. He came ahead and sit beside her, he saw her eyes which were in shock, sad and most notably, depressed and defeated. He shook her shoulder but she did not looked at him; at last, he called out her name gently,

'Geet!'

'Hmmm…' she said, all of a sudden, as she realized that he was there with her.

'Maan…' she could only say that and sighed deep.

They both have nothing to say as it was nothing new for them. She held his hand and rested her head on his shoulder. He gently stroked her hairs, and felt the same as she silently wept tears and soaked his shirt.

'She will be fine.' He whispered.

'Don't lie to me, at least…' she snapped back.

'She will…'

Geet decided not to argue with him as she knew he would never listen then.

'Thanks for coming.' She initiated the conversation again.

'I had to…and you really do not need to thank me…'

'Oh…I must, as I was the one who kicked you out from my house'

'…only from house and not life.' He completed the sentence for her.

'But I did…'

'Yeah…you heartless, woman.' He tried to enlighten the serious discussion for her.

And he guessed it right; she at least, smiled a little.

'Oh! I am…Mr. Maan, I am…Heartless woman.'

For few hours, they had to sit alone and in wait as doctors were still working on her critical condition, her daughter's life. He got up to bring coffee for them, and she found herself lost in past.

Kriya.

Kriya Geet Handa, was her full name, as she was adopted by Geet when she was two years old. Geet was always independent woman and she never wanted anyone in her life, when she felt she wanted experience motherhood, her first thought was never to find a man, because she always believed that to be a mother, she definitely did not need someone's sperm. She was not single by fate, she was single by her choice as she felt complete being herself, only that she never knew at that time that, one fine day, someone would be there to complete her in real sense. But, for the time being, she was happily and proudly single. What she needed was a daughter, a relation without limits, no pressure, and no boundaries. She learned to live her life on her own rules, she never listened to others, what mattered always, was her heart. That is how, she adopted Kriya and her life was blissful, she felt more happy and satisfied with Kriya. She was her world, her everything, until one fine day, she met him.

She was still in thoughts and he handed her the warm coffee, it was still raining heavily outside, she got up and looked out through window from the top, usually, she loved rain but tonight, nothing was comforting, no warm coffee, no beautiful rain, no comfortable soft sofas of the hospitals and just nothing, except him. She wanted him badly and he was there, she was much egoistic to accept that she needed him, as she always claimed that he was not important in her life that much as he used to believe. For her, Kriya was the beginning of her world and end of her world, but only the fact she never realized was that the world in which she find Kriya at the both edge was surrounded by him, the world she claimed that only she and Kriya were there, was him. He was their world, but to accept the fact was too much reality for Geet, she was happy the way she was, and he was happy the way she was. He loved her for her independent and forward philosophy; he loved her as she was, as he always used to say, a heartless woman.

She was clutching the cup of coffee in her hands, and out of the blue, doctors came from behind, they both turned around quickly to search for their answers in doctor's words. He asked the doctor if she was fine. He put the cup down and moved forward, she stood there, she did not move ahead, she just watched them with big eyes as she was expecting somehow that they would say, 'You can take her home, she is fine!' somehow, she wanted to believe that, a ray of hope deep down in her heart.

'I am so sorry, Miss Geet and Mr. Maan but there is no time now, we are losing her, we need donor urgently. She would not survive more than two days. We are extremely sorry.' He said sadly as he was indeed sorry for them as well as for himself and his team because she was the patient, a very sweet and cute twelve years old patient with a hole in the heart, almost incurable, she needed heart transplant but they did not get heart, after six months tiring and exhausted search. They tried every other thing but it was like, everything was failing for them.

As soon as the doctor uttered his final words, the cup of coffee clutched tightly into her hand dropped down and she stepped back in fear and uneasiness. She knew it but still, it was hard to accept. Maan held her, and she looked at him helplessly as they both knew nothing was left then. She immediately asked the doctor if they could see her and they were allowed. Geet knew it was last night and she did not want to spend it alone, she went in with him.

As soon as they entered the room, she saw her little angel lying down on the bed, weak, fragile and unconscious. From last three months she was here, and from last one month, she was unconscious. She settled on the bed, took her in her arms, and played with her little fingers while Maan sat by the other side, and caress her face. They both looked at her, she controlled her tears, somehow she did not feel weak, and she found its inane power or strength within herself to accept it, to cope up with the given situation by fate. While Maan was pretending to be strong and firm but within he was breaking down by each passing second as he never believed that a ten years old girl could ever affect him so much, before two years, he was just a man who was like stone, he never cared but he was gentle. Kriya was firstly, shock for him. He looked at both of the girls and found himself down the memory lane.

Before two years, he met Geet in the pub and then in office as lately he found out that she was just not a singer but a qualified professional in finance field. And, soon they found the opportunity to work together, they both fell for each other, and she started to believe that the thought of completeness with this man was possible, she started to depend upon him, but still she was reserved and scared to accept feelings for him, as she knew that her first love was always and would be always, Kriya. Maan was initially shocked when he met Kriya as daughter of Geet but after getting the fact that she was adopted by her, he was proud of her. That was the reason he loved her like crazy and Geet was proud of him as his love was limitless and unconditional, his love had no boundaries and no expectations from either of them, he was comfortable with the fact that she had commitment phobia and she would never love him much more than she loved Kriya. But, he knew her so well, he knew it that she was in love with him and how much she tried to cover up herself with 'no-commitment-plans' she was already committed. She was committed to him.

Kriya was ten when he met her, but she was acting like twenty and her mother, Geet acted like ten. Kriya was much more matured for her age; in fact, she was the one who helped Maan to win her mother's heart as she knew that her mother was incomplete without him. They called her a Heatless woman as she rejected him twice and in the beginning she was never nice to him, she was rude, blunt and frank to him. But he always knew that she was not the way she presented herself, she was like a candle that used to melt in a second. Maan and Kriya were bonded well, surprisingly, it shocked Geet and sometimes she felt jealous because Kriya was as close to Maan as she was to her. The fear deep down in her heart from all those years that she had to share Kriya with someone was nowhere around her, because seeing her little angel with Maan, she never thought that Kriya was shared or taken away, she felt like home. Slowly and gradually, her fear and insecurities regarding relations faded away and she was at least, thinking about marriage but she was not sure as she knew, Kriya came first, her life was centered on Kriya. She was a mother first and then, someone's love.

But before seven months, one ill fated night, when they were on dinner and Geet was as usual, stealing the charm with her sensuous voice, and taking bow from the audience, Kriya fainted down out of the blue and gave the biggest shock of her life to Geet. Later they found out that she had a hole in heart which needs to be cured but it was impossible for doctors, Maan tried everything, he used all his contacts in all over the country but nothing could help them, they needed transplant, they searched for donor but it was next to impossible task for them. Geet was furious first at the state, to that extent that once they found an older man who was in his eighties and she literally threaten him to take the pills to induce suicide. Later, Maan had to bail her out from the jail for threatening over someone's life.

He remembered one particular night when they broke up before few weeks.

He was searching for more donors and medicines on the Internet and she came up with that idea, to have such meds which induce suicide and they can help her daughter with the heart.

'We can try this.'

'Are you crazy, Geet? You have lost it.' he said without looking at her.

'Oh…yeah! I am. I have lost it because she is my daughter. She is my freaking daughter…She is my Kriya…I can't let her die, Maan. She was just a tiny bundle when I brought her in here, and no ways I will watch her leaving me…No! She is my little one, I love her, and she is my everything, Maan.'

'This is not the way and you know that.' He got up and held her shoulder. He felt as bad as she did for her daughter.

'There is no other way, Maan…' she was weak by then.

'Look…'

'You just don't understand, Maan. She is my daughter, MINE. Not yours…you would never understand. She is my freaking daughter and I won't let her die, you get that?' She screamed in anger.

He was taken aback, but he chose not to argue much because he knew it was not the right time.

'Geet, listen to me…'

'No you listen to me…I got to deal with this and I will, no matter what!'

'By killing someone?' he screamed as loud as she did.

'As a matter of fact, YES!'

'I won't let you do that, you get that?' he shook her shoulder passionately.

'Oh! I will! And, you will stay out this, just get out! GET OUT, Maan! Get the hell out from my house and my life. She is MINE and I know how to save my baby. This is over Maan, I have no time for you…My daughter needs me…' She said strongly but he felt her last words weak and broken.

Maan was much terrified then, he knew her well and her temper very well but what she said was just unbelievable. He loved Kriya like his own daughter but given the situation he could not blame Geet as she was petrified, there was no time and she had to save her little one. He chose to leave her alone for some time, he knew she never meant it but he wanted to give her a break. She needed it.

And, this rainy night, she called him, crying out her name with a broken voice, and he knew it she was home. She called him to inform that Kriya was much critical then. Though, he watched for her every other night after she left for home, but still, after her call, he was scared and he rushed to hospital without much thinking. And, he came back from the memories, playing in his mind and flashing across his eyes. He saw her asleep with her daughter, but she was not, in fact. She was just lying down with closed eyes and remembering each and every moment with her daughter, when she brought her in her life, her each moment, either they were happy or bad but it was all with her, she remembered their moments with her, without him and with him. She was just mother in that precise moment, just a mother. She only knew one thing, the little one in her arms was leaving her and she was helpless. There were no tears in her eyes as she was gaining strength from something which she didn't realize, she just felt like god was giving her immense power to do something and she knew she was right. He watched over for both of them entire night and when in morning, doctors came and checked they answered the same, there was no change in her, in fact she was much more weaker by then. She forced him to go home and take a shower, after his thousand refusals, she, as usual stubborn she was, managed to make him go home for half an hour and that was all time she needed.

When he came back from shower, he quickly got ready and called few more doctors and friends who can help, as he was not ready yet, he wanted to fight for his daughter, yes. His daughter. Though, they never mentioned it but he knew and she knew that Kriya was his daughter then. It was mutually agreed and consented decision and silent, there was no need to say anything between both of them, silence was their best communication. And, she called him. After that, he dropped his cell and drove as fast as he could; again he had to choose stairs. And as he reached in a room reserved for his family, specially booked by him from last six months, he saw her standing near the window, watching the gloomy climate with a small smile on her face. As she listened to his footsteps, she turned around and looked at him smilingly. He came forward and shook her from the shoulder,

'WHY?' he screamed.

She did not answer but she smiled at him and kissed him.

He pulled her back with anger, and with bloodshot eyes, he asked again but this time in little low voice which was breaking by then, 'Why did you do this?'

And, he saw her left hand; there was a mark of an injection. He closed his eyes in dismay; it was like a he was living some horrible nightmare.

'I had to…' she said and then, she again, came closer, took his hands and wrapped them around her slim waist. He did not open his eyes, but his eyelids was shivering and fighting back a stream of tears. She caressed his face, he did not open his eyes but he could not hide the pain, in little hiss of his husky voice.

'I hate you' he whispered yet he did not open his eyes. And, he touched his forehead with hers, gently.

'I know. You always did, but it was your misconception and misunderstanding for hatred as love.' She said with another little smile.

'Look at me…' she pleaded.

Neither did he say anything nor did he open his eyes.

'Look at me, Maan…' her voice was hoarse then, she was beginning to feel weak and shaky.

And, as she lost her balance, he tightened his grip over her and opened his eyes, finally.

'I need you to promise me something.' She said hiding her face in croon of his neck, trying to absorb as much love as she could. He did not say anything, and she knew she was allowed as it was, always, silence was their best communication.

'You will never ever ever ever let Kriya know this fact. She is and she will never ever allow knowing that what I did. I do not want her to feel guilty for anything. You and I, we both know I am doing right, from my heart, I know, this is the best I can ever give to my baby. But, she does not need to know this. Can you promise me this?' she asked in most gentle yet firm voice.

He nodded.

And, she brushed her lips against his M shaped lips, tenderly. He allowed her.

'You heartless woman…'

'I am. In fact, I was always…a heartless woman…' with that she collapsed in his arms, he held her even more tightly, and he sat there with her on the cold floor. He had nothing to say because in one small moment, a lot of things were going on; his life was falling apart into million pieces in front of him. He remained silent as a deep stream of tears made its mark on his cheeks.

'Do you know why?' she whispered.

He looked at her in puzzlement; she smiled a little and said,

'Because…at the first sight, my heart was never mine…It was yours.'

He smiled through tears, he laughed because for the very first time, she openly, freely, without any fear, confessed her feelings, and he cried because the time she chose was like a harsh punishment to them.

'Can I say I love you, Mr. Maan?' she asked even when she knew her answer.

'Can I say I love you like you love Kriya?' he finally found himself with words, even though he felt like there was no connection between his words and his feelings, at the moment.

'I know. But my first love is and will be always, my baby, my Kriya and you know that…' She whispered and curled herself up in his arms, to protect herself.

'Life is unfair…Mr. Maan, now get up, wipe your tears, get your lazy ass off to work as you have to do it, as OUR daughter needs you, you have much more work to do now. I will be watching over and just one mistake and you are rejected…' she said as fast as she could.

'Anything for you, ma'am!' he noticed the word she used, 'ours' and at last, he smiled as he did not want her to see him sad and restless while she was leaving. And, when she said work he understood that she must have arranged surgery and doctors, after all, she was a mother who was fighting for her baby.

'I love you…' he said, firmly.

'I know. And, as a matter of fact, I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear now, so I can openly say it to you…I was always yours and I have always loved you.' she said in low voice but yet she seemed firm and strong.

'Heartless…'

And she sealed his lips one last time and slowly, she slept peacefully, forever, in his arms. He looked at her for a split of seconds and then, with sudden startling instinct he carried her in his strong muscular arms and screamed for ward boys and doctors, as now he had to bring her back, their daughter, her little Geet. He had another life to live, he had another fight to survive, of which result, he was not sure, but from within he knew it that even god could not defeat a mother like Geet. He already knew it that they had already won this fight of life and death for Kriya. He immediately taken her motionless body to the operation theatre, and that was the moment when he last saw her, and for the last time he touched her.

After thirteen restless and tricky hours, he was informed that their daughter was safe and survived.

She won. He won. They won. Together, three of them won.

He knew he had to live, not for him, but for their daughter, for the sacrifice her mother made, he respected her and her all decision, no matter how impractical they were.

After twenty years, he and their daughter found incredibly happy on her birthday, partying hard with their little family and friends. All these years only one question asked by many including their daughter and he, with a mysterious and charming smile on his face, answered always the same,

I am in love with a heartless woman who, to my surprise, used to love me, too.

: Note : 

Kindly avoid any medical 'tough-mindless-words' for me as I am nowhere near this field. I am a finance person and about medical things, I only know few words, like, Doctors, Blood and again, Doctors ! 🤣 So, Please avoid these jargon 'god-knows-terminology' and just concentrate on other things ! 😆

~ Find my other works here ~

Love, 

Maddy😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leverne thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awww...u made me cry...such a simple and sweet story...mothers love is more stronger than any other...
Edited by leverne - 12 years ago
ammu5 thumbnail
painful os. pain n emotions penned down beautifully . very touchy.loved reading
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved this OS! Heartless, indeed! Amazing! When I read how desperate Geet was to save her daughter and then the drugs, I was expecting something like that. Amazing OS! Thanks for the PM!
MystiqueDew thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was beautiful ...but yet painful!!!
Have beautifully portrayed Mother's pain when her child is suffering & the fear of losing her.
Wonderful Maddy⭐️

anks_ams thumbnail
oo ur heartless maady..to write such heartwrenching piece of work!
but hats off to the way u write:)
loved it...

Note : 

Kindly avoid any medical 'tough-mindless-words' for me as I am nowhere near this field. I am a finance person and about medical things, I only know few words, like, Doctors, Blood and again, Doctors ! 🤣 So, Please avoid these jargon 'god-knows-terminology' and just concentrate on other things ! 😆

this really cracked me up while ur OS made me shed tears:(

iMadz thumbnail
Bye guys, will come later ! 🤗

Leave me nice and lovely comments, you better do it ! 😆 I will reply to all for sure ! 😊

And, 

Thanks again and always and in advance ! 🤗🤗🤗

Maddy
Aanya. thumbnail
AMAZING <3

Time nathi etle moti comment nathi aapti pan bau saras hatu, saache <3 :)

xoxo
Aanya
iMadz thumbnail

Originally posted by: anks_ams

oo ur heartless maady..to write such heartwrenching piece of work!

but hats off to the way u write:)
loved it...

Note : 

Kindly avoid any medical 'tough-mindless-words' for me as I am nowhere near this field. I am a finance person and about medical things, I only know few words, like, Doctors, Blood and again, Doctors ! 🤣 So, Please avoid these jargon 'god-knows-terminology' and just concentrate on other things ! 😆

this really cracked me up while ur OS made me shed tears:(

See ?

It was purposefully, coz I knew after this my official name will be " Heartless " so I thought lemme just try and make them smile ! 

First I put it in the beginning but later I changed the thought and dropped it down to see smile on some faces ! 

Like you !  🤗🤗🤗

Thank you so much babes ! Loved it that despite hating it, you loved it ! 😆

-AlwaysDamon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What was that ???

I am totally speechless. You have left nothing to speak, I was crying by the end...Loved it so much Maddy, but just tell me one thing...Tumara Problem Kya Hai...?? Why you always have to make your readers cry...?? OMG !!! 

I simply loved your Geet, she is the character to be remember for ages, and Maan as usual his love is limitless, but I must tell u Maddy, you wrote it so beautifully that I am so impressed and the first line was amazing, when I read it I thought this is some hatred story between Maaneet but jaise har bar hota he, you always come up with different and unique stories...aisi hi vote nahi kiya tumare liye...I am your fan man...i mean your writing's fan...You write superb and you literally play with emotions...you know when to hold and when to leave it free...amazing!!!

Good...Keep it up...love you and your fabulous works...👏👏👏👏👏