Nanna bilingual movie interesting

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
Article from Indian Express Nanna the Tamil movie being dubbed in Telugu and Hindi
Vikram all excited about 'Nanna'
Express Features
A still from 'Nanna' featuring Anushka, who plays a lawyer and Vikram. A still from 'Nanna' featuring Anushka, who plays a lawyer and Vikram. The cast and crew of 'Nanna', an upcoming bi-lingual movie, were in Hyderabad to talk about their experiences while making the film. TNIE's Varsha Bansal has a chat with versatile actor 'Chiyaan' Vikram, who plays the lead role of a mentally challenged adult in the flick. Starring Chiyaan Vikram, 'Nanna' is the story of a mentally-challenged father, who shares a heart-warming relationship with his little daughter. "I play the role of Krishna, who has cerebral palsy, and the movie is about how unconditional love binds him and his daughter together," explains Vikram, who believes that playing this character was one of the most challenging things for him. Vikram spent at least a month doing his home work for the character by visiting centres for special children to study their mannerisms and reactions. "I wanted to make sure that I do intense research before getting into the skin of the character. This is why director AL Vijay and I visited various institutions and spent quality time with those kids," humbly adds the actor. This act of his surely helped him a lot to get into the skin of the character completely — apparently Vikram would stay in that form even after the shot was done. "There were times when I would behave the same even after the scene was finished. I only realised this when people around me started to comment on it," states the actor on a lighter note. Even though cinema is a huge medium of entertainment, Vikram believes that this movie is not just entertaining, but it also had a sweet message to be conveyed — a message for the society to accept people who are mentally challenged. "I believe that such kids are God's children," he says, continuing, "This movie is a pure entertainer. As a part of this industry, we are here to entertain our audience, but the director has also tried to convey a very touching message through this movie." 'Nanna', which is set to hit the screens by June-July, is a complete family movie, says Vikram. He believes that the audience will stay connected throughout the film without losing a smile. "This movie has elements of humour and emotion. The comedy is situational and not slapstick," states the actor. Originally a Tamil movie, director Vijay has dubbed 'Deiva Thirumagan' in Telugu under the title 'Nanna', and has plans to dub it in Hindi as well. Ask Vikram about his comfort level with Bollywood and Hindi, and he promptly replies, "I did get a few offers from Bollywood, but I am not very comfortable with Hindi." About the film 'Nanna' stars Vikram as the protagonist — Krishna, a mentally challenged adult fighting for the custody of his daughter, along with Anushka Shetty, who dons the role of the lawyer who helps Krishna. Amala Paul and Nassar, who are also acting in this film, have equally prominent roles. Rumour has it that 'Nanna' has been inspired by Hollywood flick 'I Am Sam'.

Still from Nanna. Anushka, who plays a lawyer in Nanna, helps Vikram, who plays a mentally challenged father trying to gain custody of his daughter, accross the road.