kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

100 % Love Movie Review

Post Comment
Movie Review : 100 % Love
Rating : 3/5
Banner : Geeta Arts
Cast : Naga Chaitanya, Tamannah, K R Vijaya, Naresh,Vijay Kumar, Dharmavarapu, Nandu, M S Narayana, Satyam Rajesh and Others
Music : Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematography : Prasad
Screenplay : Hari Prasad
Producer: Bunny Vasu
Director: Sukumar
Released Date: May 06, 2011
Story:
Set on a flashback mode, the story begins with Balu (naga chaitanya) who narrates his tale. He is a topper throughout his academics and is highly self-centric. His life takes a turn with the arrival of Mahalakshmi (tamannah), his maradalu from the village to study in the city. She has a strong liking for Balu but he ignores her as he wants to associate with success. In no time, Mahalakshmi picks up and at one point she scores better than him. However, ego clashes happen and both of them part ways. Eventually, their marriages get fixed with someone else. What happens after that forms the rest of the story.
Presentation:
The director has come up with an interesting storyline and while the presentation was rich, the narrative was good in parts. The dialogues were hard hitting in few scenes, the script was strong but the screenplay was above average. Background score was effective and songs are alright. Cinematography was appealing with vibrant shades. Editing was adequate. Costumes were trendy while the art department was matching the situations. Naga Chaitanya came up with a good performance and entertains. Tamannah looks pretty and more than that, she has proved to be an efficient performer, K R Vijaya was elegant, Vijay Kumar was alright, Naresh was natural, Dharmavarapu was humorous, Nandu was good, M S Narayana was apt, the others did their bit as required.
Conclusion:
The film comes across with a rather stylish look and the essence of love and relationship is dealt in a neat way. While the first half passes off breezily with good dose of humour, drama and romance the second half slows down in momentum due to melodrama and stale sentiments. Overall, the film is rich in technical and production values while content are good in parts. At the box office, this will appeal to the youth audience largely while the family audience will have mixed reactions. Overall, this could be an above average grosser.

Bharatstudent Verdict: Colorful and entertaining, Watch it!!

courtesy - bharatstudent.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavya.b thumbnail

100% Love Movie Review

Time:09:45 am Date: May 06, 2011

Film: 100% Love

Starring: Naga Chaitanya,Tamannah Bhatia

Director: Sukumar

Producer: Bunny Vasu

Banner: Geetha Arts

Music: Devi Sri Prasad

3.25/5

100 % Love Movie Story

Balu (Naga Chaithanya) is an intelligent Engineering student and always aims to be the college topper. Maha Lakshmi (Tamanna) is Balu's sister-in-law joins in the same college to pursue her studies well. Maha Lakshmi astonishes everyone in the college by getting top rank in the college and from than Balu and Maha Lakshmi become good competitors in studies. Here comes a character Ajith who also gives both of them a tuff competition in studies.

In order to divert Ajith from getting college 1st, Maha Lakshmi proposes him and diverts him from studies. In this turn Balu gets top rank in the college. As both of them are closely related, Balu and Maha lakshmi's elders decide to do their marriage. But in one situation Maha Lakshmi praises Ajith and this irks Balu and asks her and her father to get out from his house. Will Balu change his mind and asks them to come back? Are Balu and Maha Lakshmi really in love? Is Maha Lakshmi initially in love with Ajith? Will they get married separately? How Balu gets close with Maha Lakshmi later forms the crux of 100% love.

Performances:

Naga Chaithanya as Balu showed gigantic improvement in his acting skills. He expressed right expressions in each and every frame. Chaithanya's body language and expressions elevated the character. With this film he is going to get his father's name romantic hero but still needs some polish on dancing skills.Tamanna is undoubtedly the life of the project, she looked simply elegant and beautiful. She in-fact went into the skin of the character Maha Lakshmi and her performance in the film is admiring to a large extent. Tamanna is the show stellar in the film and she has lot of scope for performance, she did more than justice to her character.

Naresh gave an acceptable performance. Dhamavarapu Subramanyam keeps engaged all through the film. The rest of the cast suited their designed characters well enough.

Especially, the kids in the film gave an impact full and outstanding performance in the film.

Technical Analysis:

Music by Devi Sri Prasad is very good and it is the only asset that can be discussed about the film. All the songs are well picturised and they will hang on in your memory even after to come out from the screens. Cinematography by Prasad is okay as they are not great locales to be praised. Art direction is very good. Dialogues are first rated and they sound fresh to the ears. There are a few entertaining dialogues which will impress you a lot. Editing is okay. Production values by Bunny Vasu are of top class standard as each and every frame of the film looks rich. 100% love carries a routine story with only few different rudiments and the execution is little unique. The missing factors in the film will reduce the impact completely.

The positive signs of the film are Tamanna, direction, Kid's comedy sequence, Music, First rated dialogues, back ground score, production values and cinematography. On the flip side, the film is dragged in the second half, the graph of the film is fluctuating and slides down with the proceedings and the negative shades of Naga Chaithanya in the second half.

Analysis:

The first half of the film is entertaining, enjoyable and surprising and keeps you glued to your seats with hilarious comedy sequences and fresh dialogues but the narration in the second half is slow paced, slacked and is some what predictable with a sentimental climax. Director Sukumar undoubtedly done a great job but if he would have worked much better in the second half, 100% love would have appealed in a bigger way. The film is not that good or that bad but will face a bit difficulty to satisfy all sections of audiences. You can watch the film for the Tamannah's performance, dialogues, music and comedy scenes. 100% Love will appeal more of youth audiences while the family audiences will have mixed reactions. Overall, the film could be an above average grosser.

Quick Take: 100% Love gives 100% Entertainment

COURTESY : way2sms

starring: Naga Chaitanya, Tamannaa Bhatia, Tara Alisha, Anand, Naresh, KR Vijaya, Vijay Kumar, Dharmavarapu etc
Directed: Sukumar
Produced: Bunny Vasu
Music: Devi Sri Prasad
Banner: Geetha Arts
Release date: May 6th 2011
Rating: 3.5/5

Story:

Balu Mahendra (Naga Chaitanya) is a college topper and number one student in his college. Mahalakshmi (Tamanna), who is relative to Balu comes to his home for studies. Tamanna is Sister-in-law to Balu. She has good impression on Balu.She always takes help of Balu to achieve good marks in her examinations. To Balu's surprise, she gets more marks than Balu and becomes college topper. Balu hurts by this and starts doing cunning things to deviate Maha Lakshmi from her studies.Many teasing happens during the process. But, to his surprise Ajith (Anand) become college topper this time.

On the other hand Maha Lakshmi's father brings her a marriage proposal. But Maha Lakshmi doesn't like this match. Again she seek help of Balu. Balu helps her and finally cancels the marriage proposal. Impressed Maha Lakshmi plans to help Balu in his studies. She decides to make Balu college topper. For this she starts deviating Ajith from his studies.

On the other hand Balu and Maha Lakshmi becomes closer and falls in love. But Balu comes to know that he became college topper because of Maha Lakshmi and not because of his hard work. This hurts his ego. After a small quarrel, they separates. HOw they again meet and continues their love is rest of the story.

Analysis:

Sukumar's creativity is visible in every frame of the movie. Right from movie titles(credits), songs, romance scenes, teasing scenes etc. Sukumar creativity is clearly seen and audience can feel it.

Screenplay of the movie is excellent. Characterizations of the actors are superb. Even though first half of the movie goes in a routine way with hero and heroine teasings, Sukumar made this in a new way. He did a brilliant job with the screenplay. The story ends with a twist in interval. The story to took a different path from second half.

Second half is mainly focused on the family values and the virtues of relations. But this is not routine. Just like Arya 2, in which second half has some family background the same with 100%Love, but not similar.

Performances:

Naga Chaitanya improved his performance .Even though his expressions are not up to the mark in some scenes he justified his role.

Tamanna fit for the role. Anand and Tara Alisha are limited to their roles. Naresh is decent and Dharmavarapu's comedy worked in parts. Most of the actors are new and justified their roles.

Technicalities:

Music and background score is heart of the movie and Devi Sri Prasad justified his role as a Music Director. Dialogues are good. Screenplay is excellent. Cinematography is good. Sukumar proved that a medium budget movie can also be shown as a big budget movie with 100%Love.

Finally 100% Love is a neat commercial, Youth and family entertainer.

courtesy: cinemacurrentweek

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
all the reviews are soo good.. i need to watch it ASAP..but they aint playing it here.. i gotta wait for the dvd 😭
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I saw the movie today... I went down with very low expectations but surprisingly had a good time. 👍🏼

One shud not miss the titles...very creative 👏
1st half of the film is very good... NC (I call him the one expression guy) suited perfectly to the character🤓
Tammana looked beautiful ... her character was full of life😛...

2nd half had good continuation but NC was disappointing in the serious scenes. 🤔

Climax was not convincing👎🏼...

Loved the screenplay...the basic concept was very realistic👏 ...that is ..misunderstandings are created b/w the lead characters due to the hero's ego. But in the end they didnot solve the problem properly. 👎🏼

Comedy was ok ...the kids were super cute😳.
Background score was apt.

Over all I wud say paisa vasool movie.👍🏼

MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhavi20_s

I saw the movie today... I went down with very low expectations but surprisingly had a good time. 👍🏼

One shud not miss the titles...very creative 👏
1st half of the film is very good... NC (I call him the one expression guy) suited perfectly to the character🤓
Tammana looked beautiful ... her character was full of life😛...

2nd half had good continuation but NC was disappointing in the serious scenes. 🤔

Climax was not convincing👎🏼...

Loved the screenplay...the basic concept was very realistic👏 ...that is ..misunderstandings are created b/w the lead characters due to the hero's ego. But in the end they didnot solve the problem properly. 👎🏼

Comedy was ok ...the kids were super cute😳.
Background score was apt.

Over all I wud say paisa vasool movie.👍🏼

seee bhavi i told u this is going to be good..😆
letitgo thumbnail
@PAllo= Yeah the movie is good bcoz of the story and screenplay not bcoz of NC 😛
MakhannMalaai thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhavi20_s

@PAllo= Yeah the movie is good bcoz of the story and screenplay not bcoz of NC 😛

i dnt like NC.. i just want to watch it becuz i can tell the story is interestingg..
kavya.b thumbnail
finally, i watched the movie last nyt
it was good...the best part of the movie was titles...very creative

n then NC is not a gr8 actor, but thanks to his character...he suited to his role...except in the last 15 mins n in balu song...but still not unbearable

n the movie is very much youthful...or should i say teenage-like
tempo was maintained except once or twice

n abt cleanliness...no kisses n all but infatuation bits are still there but nothing more than what we got in promos

n well, climax was funny...but not bad
letitgo thumbnail
@Kavya- I agree with u , NC was bad in the serious scenes ...

And also i didnt like the way they made comedy out of such real life like problem- ego

they shud have given a sensible lines in the end.

Other than that the movie was really good.
Mr.Zk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes I Agree With you all, But I say The Movie is Really Good and The All Credit goes to Sukumar For his Different Strory and Story Telling...
His Screenplay and Direction Made the Movie Very Good And Watchable...
Thamanna and NC are Apt for the Roles..and She Did Very Well...
And Naga Chaitanya is Good...But He Is not that much good at Serious Situations...
May be this is the Reason Sukumar Mainly concentrated On Getting the Expressions From Thamanna..and Always Used to Place Camera on Thamanna Face Instead of NC...

All and All...This is the Very good Movie And Can be Watchable by all the Age Group Will Surely Enjoy Watching it...
Edited by ZZkumarZZ - 13 years ago