Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: sugaryanu

Interesting topic yet again!

Though i think im pretty late but still would like to add my two cents here.
Will start with your last question; does true love exist?...I dont know. Perhaps it does or maybe it doesnt. Yes there is love but true love especially when it comes to loving some one else...well there i like to believe its just over rated and not really there.
Yes you may like someone, have feeling for them but then again how can you tell whether its true or not. I mean you cant measure love, can you? I guess i maybe contradicting myself but one cant really tell if their love is true or not.
Now coming to unrequited love, again i believe one cant say that a persons love is not true only because the object of their affection rejected them. One can truly love someone even if the other person holds no feeling for them. And if a person really loves some one then they should respect their decision and let them be. Like you mentioned about everything being fair in love and war. Well, its not always the case. For me respect comes before love. So if some one loves the other person they should respect them and not force them. Love happens. It cant be forced.
Yeah i know my answer is pretty vague...but what im trying to say is that for me there is no such thing as true love. Yes you may love some one and your feeling are true but one cant really measure it and tell yes theirs is true and the other persons love is not. Its just a feeling.
I hope made some sense there. Lol.

thank you and good to see you again 😳

well honestly i am totally clueless about this whole topic 😕 (yeah i was wide awake when i posted it LOL 😆) so your answer isn't vague at all .. in fact i agree with the sentiments too .. it IS kinda confusing

@bold - agreed . maybe that makes it difficult to define

i guess one has to fall in love to know if its for real 😕 😆

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Unrequited love is definitely real - there is no more proof of reality than unrequited love. To love someone with all your heart and not have them love you back the same way is life. And the only way that it can be "true" love is to understand that loving someone does not come with conditions. Just because you love someone does not mean that you have the right to expect them to love you the same way. That is not love because love is selfless - it only knows how to give without asking for anything in return. However, it is human nature to be selfish at times. And that is also reality. It is hard for us to love someone selflessly without asking or wanting anything in return.

But I think true love does exist, it all really depends on how you define "true love". In my opinion, true love is a love full of imperfections - and those imperfections make that love real. When love is a little selfish despite wanting to be as selfless to me as possible, I see the reality. When you love someone with all your heart, but you cannot help but feel jealous or angry that they do not love you or want you the same way - that is so much more real to me than the love that exists in fantasy. That inner struggle to love someone selflessly that goes against human nature in some ways is "true love" in my books. Not many people out there are willing to cope with that inner struggle, but those who simply try to overcome that struggle are truly lovers in my mind.

@Bold - maybe this explains it all ... people have different opinions about what 'true love' really is .. so what's true love to me may not be the same for you ... i guess that way it kind of justifies everything is fair in love .. cuz people have different opinions and perspectives

P.S. i don't believe in "everything is fair in love and war" thingy ... just putting it out there 😆

@Red .. oh i don't know about that .. cuz isn't love a positive emotion? so according to that logic .. it should result in all things positive .. although i have seen and heard a lot about negative emotions such as jealousy and possessiveness or obsessiveness in love and that leaves me even more confused 😕 i mean like if you love someone then technically you should be happy with whatever makes that other person happy .. right??😕

Edited by Alizzay.. - 13 years ago