kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Teenmaar Movie Review

Post Comment
Movie Review : Teenmaar
Rating : 3.25/5
Banner : Parameswara Arts
Cast : Pawan Kalyan, Trisha, Kriti Kharbanda, Paresh Rawal, Sonu Sood, Donna, Mukesh Rishi, Ali, Tanikella,Kovelakuntla Harish, Arundhati Aravind and Others
Music : Mani Sharma
Cinematography : Jayanan Vincent
Producer: Ganesh Babu
Director: Jayant C Paranji
Released Date: April 14, 2011
Story :
A remake tale, the story is set on the backdrop of South Africa and here lives Michael Velayudham (Pawan Kalyan) who doesn't believe in long term relationships and commitment. He comes across Meera Shastri (Trisha) and they become friends and get into an affair with no strings attached. While their closeness builds, a time comes when Meera has to go to India to pursue her career. Michael is cool about it but feels strange. In comes Senapathy (paresh rawal) who watches their relationship. He recalls the story of his college friend Arjun Palwai (Pawan Kalyan) about thirty years ago, a student leader in Varanasi. Arjun falls in love with a girl Vasumathi (Kriti) and what all he does to make their love successful. However, Michael doesn't stick to such things and debates with Senapathy on logic and practicality. But will the same apply for his life and relationship with Meera? All that forms the rest of the story.

Presentation :
The director has come up with an interesting storyline and while the presentation was rich, the narrative was good in parts. The dialogues were witty, the script was written well and the screenplay was top notch. Background score was effective and three songs were good. Cinematography was breathtaking along with the locations. Editing was decent. Costumes were stylish and impressive while the art department was matching the situations and looked royal. Pawan Kalyan steals the show with his performance and he shows high energy levels and entertaining dialogues. Trisha looks glamorous and does well in emotional sequences too. Kriti Kharbanda was pretty. Paresh Rawal was standard, Sonu Sood was sophisticated, Ali brought few smiles, Donna looks sexy. M S Narayana, Mukesh Rishi, Tanikella, Pragathi did their bit as required.

Conclusion :
The film is the remake of the Bollywood hit 'Love Aaj Kal' and while most of it has been repeated, few changes were made in the script and extra scenes were added to suit Pawan Kalyan's image. While the first half takes off a bit mildly, the real momentum begins in second half. This is a film for those who believe in the value of loved ones and know how to respect a relationship. Overall, the film scores with good technical values and production quality but given the backdrop, this will appeal more at the Urban centers and may not have the same impact at B, C centers. At the box office, this has a hit written all over it.

Bharatstudent Verdict : Entertaining and emotional

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Rating: 3.25/5
Banner: Parameswara Arts
Cast: Pawan, Trisha, Kriti Kharbanda, Paresh Rawal, Sonu Sood, Tanikella, Koyalagundla Harish and others
Music: Mani Sharma
Cinematographer: Vincent
Dialogues, screenplay: Trivikram Srinivas
Direction: Jayanth C Paranje
Producer: Ganesh Babu
Release date: 14/04/2011

Pawan Kalyan is back after his debacle 'Komaram Puli' and he has teamed up with his favorite Trivikram Srinivas (with dialogues and screenplay) who is also recovering from his debacle 'Khaleja'. That helped director Jayante Pranje a lot. Let us see how they have fared in this.

Story:
Set on the backdrop of South Africa, Michael Velayudham (Pawan) is a happy go lucky man who doesn't believe in love and lifelong commitments. He meets Meera Shastri (Trisha) and both of them hit off and get intimate without any strings attached.

The story takes a turn when Meera decides to go to India to pursue her career of art restoration and they decide to break up. It is here that Michael meets Senapathi (Paresh Rawal) who notices Michael's affair and recalls the love story of his friend Arjun Palwai (Pawan again) which happens thirty years ago in Varanasi. The girl in his life is Vasumathi (Kriti).

While Michael defies Senapathi's views on life and love with logic and practical thinking, he begins to feel the emptiness from inside. Meanwhile, Meera's marriage is fixed with someone else.

What happens after that? Does Michael realize true love? All this forms the rest of the story.

Performances:
Pawan Kalyan has given an energetic performance and he scores the brownie points with his timing of dialogues. He looks stylish in the modern role but should have been careful in choice of costumes in flashback episode.

Trisha looks good after putting on some extra pounds of flesh. She is cute as usual and fills the glamour and emotional quotient wherever required.

Kriti Kharbanda looks like a doll but then she should have been more versatile with her expressions. The innocence is there in her eyes but it is not done with conviction. Overall, she did a decent job.

Paresh Rawal was brief, Sonu Sood looks elegant, Donna looks sizzling hot, Ali brought few smiles, Koyalagundla Harish and Arundhati Aravind made their presence felt. Tanikella, MS Narayana, Kasi Viswanath, Mukesh Rishi, Pragathi filled the screen at necessary scenes.

Highlights:

• Pawan Kalyan's performance
  • Pawan- Trisha liplock sequences
  • Songs, background score
  • Trisha's glamour
  • Locations
  • Cinematography and emotional sequences
  • Second half, especially the last 30 minutes

Drawbacks:

• Ali, Pawan, Trisha's drunk sequence at hotel was dragged
  • Flashback episode missed natural appeal
  • Mismatch of costumes for Pawan in flashback episode
  • Comedy

Analysis:
After a long time, Pawan Kalyan was seen in full spirits and seemed to enjoy his role and characterization.

The film comes across with an ideology clash between the current generation and the generation that has gone by when it comes to essence of relationships. While the intention is noble, this may not be a recipe for the mass or commercial audience (B, C centers).

As such, this is a movie which appeals the class and urban (A center) audience. Also, with good technical and production values coupled with few nice songs, the film has a feel good factor and turns out to be a smooth breezy entertainer. Pawan Kalyan fans might get reminded of his 'Khushi' days. The film will connect well with those who haven't watched the original in Hindi (Love Aaj Kal).

Overall, this comes across as a cool treat in the summer heat packed with the right dose of comedy, sentiment, romance and above all, dialogues. At the box office, this has strong chances of scoring success.

Pawan Kalyan has broken the rule this time and performed something out of the box (esp with lip locks). Trisha looked hottest in best way possible with ample thigh shows and deeper necks. She came out with full dose glamour.

The first half suffers little ups and downs while last 30 minutes stood as highlight with gripping.

Bottomline: Fun filled and sensitive, watch it!!

(Venkat can be reached at [email protected])

Edited by bhavi20_s - 13 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Bhavi.. i copy paste it..
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Gooooooooood... nice review in recent times..so deffo watching it on 19th...anyways i ddn't watch LAK to keep comparing or thinking.. yay last movieee with friends in that gr8 theatre....waiting for it :)
kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@kavya - awww last one???
mine would b dum mare dum or 100% love as last movie

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ok. first thing I was 10 mins late to the movie ........ 😔
but as soon as I sat down the first scene i saw was the kissing scene ....$#%$^%^&&🤬
PK was very uncomfortable😆 Trisha was ok then again few mins later 2nd kissing scene @$#%$#% 🤬

I cud see some scenes which are directly copy pasted from LAK but the dialogues during the whole movie gave it a complete new look 👍🏼

PK was good as Mike and was very good as Arjun👍🏼
Trisha was good too , looked glamorous😉. she had a good scope to show off her acting skills but didnt👎🏼 .....he was just a glam doll
The other girl "Vasu" was cute. 😊
Paresh rawal was wasted 😳
I have no clue why the hell did Sonu sood signed for this role. All he had was one line and that too turned out to be a KJ😆. why o why 🤔

The fight in the end was too silly ...... an Indian fights the goons( American and African American) when they are trying to kidnap a size zero blonde. on a fully crowded NY street and no one even cares to call 911 and moreover one of the goon forgot that he had a gun in his hand until the end of the fight. 🤡
Even more silly, 5-6 guys were not able to push the size zero girl into the van until our hero comes to rescue =))

Songs - I expected gr8 Choreography for Aale Bale but i was disappointed😭 ....others were boring basti dorasani was time pass

Over all the movie was quite dramatic but I am happy that tollywood took a subject from bollywood and didnt mess it up.
Whereas it is the opp when bolly takes subjects from south.

Edited by bhavi20_s - 13 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i loved how u wrote ur revieww.. i have to give this a try.. PK kissing.. chala interestinggg..🤣
premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey parla first 20 min boring anaru so don worry abt 10 min 😆
ayooo parledu le..seems like watchable but when i say lets go ppl saying nooo plzzzz
Mr.Zk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I like the movie very much...I like the Arjun and Vasumati Story Rather than this...

Vasumati Girl Looks Beautiful..Very Sweet...Ya In Every movie some of the elements will miss...and some characters will not get utilized to the most....

I Vote for Jayant and Trivikram who were Brought a Fresh Look to the movie..

The Songs Were pictured Very Well...Especially Vayyaarala...Is Very Very Nice....I just Loved It..Enjoyed a Lot While Watching it....

All and All..Its A Movie That Can be Watchable....Good Movie..