DOTW: Love is God or God is Love?

459718 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Welcome to the DOTW,

Well i didn't have anything really prepared more so because i had no idea i was doing it today but no problem, i have thought of an interesting way to get the disscusion started.
The story revolves around the ages old conflict between religious ideology (Khuda) and human emotions (Mohabbat).

We all if not all than many have been seeing Khuda aur mohabbat and by now we have a basic idea about what the story is about, the struggles of love and the thorns placed around it not just by the society but it is bound by religion and for so. Hammad whom confesses to be in love with Iman, has not yet realized the true meaning of love but still he places his love above all and sets out to live a life through which he feels he can gain Imans love and her fathers approval of this love which is considered to be a sin for iman. While Iman she'd rather kill herself than let her fathers pride be stomped upon. She ofcourse is a very religious girl, having grown up with a father who himself is on the path of serving god, Iman is right behind him on this path.
Now that we have a basic overview of the story, what i want to know from you guys ...Love is God? Or God is Love?
Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did? Do you think he was right to do so?, Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds?
In your veiw...do you support hammad who believes his love is God for him, Or Iman whom belives God is Love??
Okay Guys start discussing and Have fun, most of all.
-Sajjal-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nice Topic SajjalπŸ‘.

Res😳.
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

First of all i was confused on wht to write in this topic. So i wasn't in the mood to comment here. But i just read comment by *Woh Ajnabee* dude ur answer was just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, really u explained/answered beautifully.

.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
@ Sajjal : Awesome Discussion <3 !!
Perfect topic <3
@ ajnabi : πŸ‘ ! im speechlessss ! Perfect Answer πŸ‘

Reserved for ma Discussiom :D ****

Edited**
...Love is God? Or God is Love?

In simple words...JAHAN KHUDA WAHAN Mohabbat....If there is God there is Love ! there is no love if there is no faith πŸ˜• !
so ya God is Love..Love is God :)
Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did? Do you think he was right to do so?,
I personally Dont agree wid any1 leavin their loved ones n Every1 jst for 1 person they love ! as u see, u jst started lovin tht person, where u spent ur WHOLE life wid ur family !! so its not right leavin every1 !

Buh @ HaMad's Case I dnt think he was rong leavin the house ! i mean I believe tht family can ask a gurl to marry any1 they want her too ! buh i dnt think its right forcing a guy πŸ˜• ! as it won't be onli the guys life which is gona be ruined ! buh the otha innocent who'll marry him without knwin tht he likes some1 else !!
so Hamads family were throwin their orders on him ! it was like they sold his son for more SHaresπŸ₯±
Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds?
Iman is not being foolish by ignorin hamad's junooon, as tht poor gurl belongs to a family where she hardly goes out n sees the outside world !
how can she jst fall for a guy who she jst by chance met ! n plus for Iman her fathers respect is everythin ! not for IMAN ! buh i dnt like any gurl disrespectin n hurtin their parents !
So Knw Iman is not foolish!

In your veiw...do you support hammad who believes his love is God for him, Or Iman whom belives God is Love??
I support none :) ! both r right @ their own place !
for hamad, he belongs to a family where they dnt even knw wats 'ALLAH' Astagfirullah :S !

where Iman belongs to a family, for who ALLAh is everythin !

Nice Topic :D
Edited by -Cwezy_Manoola- - 13 years ago
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
cool topic and great answers there by **Woh Ajnabee** nicely done πŸ‘

Love is God? Or God is Love?

both i guess ..

Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did?

personally, no.

Do you think he was right to do so?

this is a tricky question. given his circumstances, maybe he was. his parents were ( or are portrayed as) rude, arrogant, insensitive and obnoxious. they pushed his buttons like all the time, and even dissed the poor old respectable man just cuz he didn't fit into their 'world'. seniority doesn't always guarantee maturity and his parents proved it. they should have handled his case with a bit more sensitivity.

although i personally do not support children walking out on their parents like this, but in this case maybe hammad's parents had it coming.

Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds?

i haven't read the novel so i have no clue about how her character shapes up, so can't comment

idk, i think love is a subjective term ..its free for interpretation .. so all i'd say is to each his own 😳
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@Ajnabee, Manal and Allizay - Brilliant Answers.....u guys have summed it up pretty well and there is really nothing more to add to it .....

@Sajjal- Brilliant topic for Discussion

I read this when the Bible was a part of our course ..... Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.......and this is what I thinks fits here as well.

As for the Feeling of Love ..well the feeling itself comes from the Almighty himself ....so where the feeling is there God is there ...and vice versa....and each human has there own perception of it ......every one see's the feeling differently .....and everyone has their own experience with the feeling ..

Hammad leaving his family ....I guess his falling for Imaan was just a trigger that set of the bomb of dislike that was ticking for long...Imaan just became a reason for something that was long impending ........Love for Iman just became a reason but real cause is different in my opinion
Edited by rdfan - 13 years ago
.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: rdfan

@Ajnabee, Manal and Allizay - Brilliant Answers.....u guys have summed it up pretty well and there is really nothing more to add to it .....

@Sajjal- Brilliant topic for Discussion

I read this when the Bible was a part of our course ..... Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.......and this is what I thinks fits here as well.

As for the Feeling of Love ..well the feeling itself comes from the Almighty himself ....so where the feeling is there God is there ...and vice versa....and each human has there own perception of it ......every one see's the feeling differently .....and everyone has their own experience with the feeling ..
exactly ! where there is God there is Love !!
Hammad leaving his family ....I guess his falling for Imaan was just a trigger that set of the bomb of dislike that was ticking for long

Yaa Im not in favour of any1 Leavin their house for any1 they love ! buh @hamad's case Im Wid him !
Preternatural thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
..Love is God? Or God is Love?
Both i guess. Coz i havent been in love yetπŸ˜† but i believe whomever i'll love, he will mean everything to me, But at the same time i'll also thank Allah for giving me my love.
So, overall its Allah who can leave your love with you and also can take him/her away from you

Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did? Do you think he was right to do so?, Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds?

Basically for me, it depends on the situation, but for now i think i wont go against my family coz the world is not really sweet
But for Hamad, he is right in his place as his family is forcing him, which is really unfair.
For Iman, how can she fall in love with a guy whom she just met? she is following her religion

i support both.

Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OOH..now here's a topic i've wanted to discuss since a LONG TIME... becuz, even though i love the title music of khuda aur mohabbat, i DON'T agree with its lyrics... here i go!πŸ˜ƒ
"...Love is God? Or God is Love?"

love...is merely a human emotion... or perhaps a species limited emotion..animals humans.. God, Allah: is an ETERNAL, ABSOLUTE entity.. He created everything.. He created us, and He created that LOVE we boast about in us..He gave us the ability to love... when we die, our loves will die... so how can we ever say that LOVE is (nauzubillah) God???? i fully disagree with this lyrics.. and theme.. it's not JUST our love that makes us have faith, see the Truth, worship God.. it's our inner sense of reasoning.. the Almighty created us, and to Him we owe to bow down.. this is the reasoning that motivates us to worship God.. how can we say that love is God??? :S
i mean, i respect love a lot.. love is what gives life to this world... THIS WORLD though.. love is what colours this world ... but it is our (here I am going to shift a bit to Islamic view, as that is what the story is based on) imaan that will take us to that next world.. love is a POWERFUL emotion.. but there - it is JUST an emotion.. whereas God - is EVERYTHING.. so Love is definitely not God..
as for God is love.. God is love yes, He SHOULD be our love.. :) but that being said, it should be noted, everytime we say this, that He is more than our love as well, He is our Master, our Creator...He is to be held above every humanly imagination and emotion...
ps: i'm sorry if i sounded harsh or a bit extreme guys, but see : shirk - one thing that Allah most dislikes, one thing that He said He WON'T forgive... so v (muslims) shud b very careful, no matter how many other sins we commit, when it comes to shirk... love is a powerful emotion, but it is nothing in front of God..
"Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did? Do you think he was right to do so?, Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds? "
i think he was wrong.. he hadn't even properly asked his parents.. WHICH PARENTS, regardless of how humble and broad minded they are, will agree to take ur rishta if u FORCE them like this.. u can;t just drop a bomb-kinda news on them and expect them to be okay.. i'm not saying wht his mom did was right..his family NEEDS to be corrected as well.. but still, they are at the end of the day his family.. and he is demeaning his love by leaving his family to get his lover.. specially in our culture, where for a girl her in-laws approval and acceptance is ALMOST as important as her husband's, in that culture u wanna make sure u not just make a room in the girl's heart for urself, but also make a room in ur FAMILY's heart for the girl.. 😊 hammad's decision was impulsive... even in a practical side, it was impulsive: he really thinks by being a coolie, a father will give his precious daughter to him?πŸ˜• if he wants her, he shud try and set up the best life possible for her.. get himself a GOOD job.. he did get those degrees didn't he? his father didn't just BUY them.. so why cudnt he use those damn degrees to get a decent job?πŸ˜• kahan laa ke rakhega larki ko - platform pe?πŸ˜•
Iman is definitely not being foolish. though our modern society will probably look at her actions as being RESTRICTED by our STRICT religious bounds... but i wud like to see her STICK to her and her dad's values.. 😊 zaruri nahi ke jahan bhi mohabbat ho wahan larki sab bounds chhor chhaarr, morals values bhoool bhaag bhaagi chali aaye, the way i guesss hammad expects her to πŸ˜• Allah has said in Quran after all, that He has chosen from amongst us partners for ourselves, our garments...😊 so Imaan shud continue with her faith.. and if hammad is the guy God has chosen for her, then she'll end up with him through one way or the other.... wud b good if hammad learns this as well..
do you support hammad who believes his love is God for him, Or Iman whom belives God is Love??
i tell u, if v all started thinking like Iman, and all those extremely religious folks out there, abt how God is our love (just like our parents are, just like our siblings are...), then how better of all of us wud be.. :) shaytaan wud have such a hard time convincing us to go on the wrong path then! so, i support iman's view: God should be our Love... need to distinguish something here: love, again, just an emotion..God is not just an emotion, just like love is not God.. but love is also one who we have this emotion for.. God Should be the receiver of that passion termed love... lol, i guess wht i mean to say is, i don't know whether God is our love, but he SHOULD be..
Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 13 years ago
ImanAlipk thumbnail
Very sensitive topic, If someone feels it is not then he is wrong.