DOTW: Valentines Day -a display of Love... Or....

serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Heyy Guys!
How are you all?
Since seert is a bit busy, and has already given us 2 applaudable DOTWs, i thought of coming up with the 3rd after the revival of the forum... which is dieing again! 😔... on the present Valentine's Day.
Pakistani Dramas, known for their realism... decency, they show the intensest [wonder if the word even exists! 🤣]... yeah, so show the intensest of scenes, with the most elegance... and what not... YES! Pakistani serials, REAL pakistani serials are known for the facts listed above...
But today, we see all types of stuff copied and/or produced in the most vulgar ways.
I mean cmon, if you show Daastaan/Daam/MZZB to an indian, who views indian show.. would they hate it?? NO! ofcourse not!
Why would they hate it?? Because its decent? Because they dont wear revealing clothes? or because they are close to reality??? NONE! right?... so why is it that if you're entering the media... you HAVE TO BE EXPOSIVE! WHY?! you can carve a niche' for yourself... make your identity if you want... with your own culture in mind.
Anyone who disagrees, is free to open their hearts and minds out! 😊
Now, similarly, Valentine's day... i know its a beautiful feeling on this day... LOVE LOVE LOVE and Roses... and stuff... but do you think we are doing justice with our country? ok celebrating ... no problem... its another thing... cz we celebrate the Teacher's Day... Father's Day, Mothers Day etc too, without saying all this sshit about it... LOL and as soon as the Vday comes... we become Maulanas! 😆... but celebrate... giving gifts is ok... but PROMOTING IT?? is that ok??
i mean i think Pakistan is promoting Vday more than US and UK!
GUARANTEE!
we show shows.. ads... ask people... promote it in the electronic media and the non-electronic one too! :P
we show shows... and promote the day in every possible way...
Do you think its right?? Dont you think we're promoting it a bit too much???

Do share in your views... 😳
and by the way, in the next line im gonna wish u all a Happy valentine's day... by this im not promoting it... am i?? 🤔
cz if i am... 😆// then i'll maybe edit it! 🤣
hehe
Looking forward to your views guys!
i Hope you guys convince me!! 😆

Happy Valentines Day!!!! :P
its just a gud gesture, you see! :P
Edited by -_AfridiMalik_- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Since u started W*H romantic scenes in serials i will do tht 2. Have seen Dastaan, but not Daam. I think the romance was well shown in the serial, W*H out being vulgar or anything. A scene doesn't need to be vulgar to think it's cute/romantic. I kinda find pakistani serials more romantic than others. Reason is tht W*H out touching, a couples love is told by words many times. Today in serials they have evn started to hug, but i guess tht is wht ppl wanna watch. I have seen so many old serials W*H out much touching and they have been romantic as today's serials.
Abt the valentines, y wait to give roses or propose or wht evr a person wants 2. Sorry to say this but i think it kinda crap and pethetic. I hope no one wud mind it. Media has a BIG influence on tv watchers. So ya i do feel pakistan is promoting Valentines day. I don't have paki channels, but since u said they promote alot, i think it's kinda wrong 2 do tht. Can't they rather promote Milad-un-Nabi.
I do wish ppl a happy valentine, since i live in Europe, but naaahhhh im not evn close to celebrate it myself. Unless if i get married, and my husband wants to celebrate it, but evn then i wont believe tht a person shud celebrate their love on Valentines day.
And last but not the least Happy Valentines to friends who celebrate it.
serendipity. thumbnail
^^ PERFECT!
i'll b back 1ce i get back frm college~! :P
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting topic I shall be back with my views on this

Edited

Well I dont know but Valentines Day has become a big thing in South Asia ..be it India or Pakistan and I think things have gone so far that it has sort of beaten the West ,the kind of commercialization involved is phenomenal and that has sort of added to the whole hype and hoopla arnd this day ....Acc to me this day was never really a part of our culture .....and to get so deeply involved with it and to almost go overboard with it is just a little too much ...though simple wishing and sharing of chocs amongst friends and family is something I am not against and feel is rather sweet and nice

romance is a perception and everyone has there own perception of it ...so what may seem romantic to one may certainly not go down with the other .......but I believe in cute emotional bonding rather than physicality being the top priority of romance
Edited by rdfan - 13 years ago
367945 thumbnail
Hey, sorry I've been MIA from this forum. Been sort of really busy and I probably deserve a volley of abuses for abandoning the last DOTW I opened up :\
Nevertheless, I will try to come here when I can. I'll be back later to post my thoughts on this DOTW by Arena (thank you for doing this!).
serendipity. thumbnail
^^ Your welcome anytime, and will be waiting for your views! 😳
367945 thumbnail
Ok so I'm finally here, and here are my thoughts:

About the first question: I'd like us to be original and decent. If the show can be watched with your parents and elders without cringing or being uncomfortable then it's acceptable for the whole family. And that is how Pakistani tv ought to be. Plus emotions can be expressed in different manners...vulgarity isn't needed to show love.

Now for the V-day thing: I don't celebrate it nor do I believe it should be commemorated along with others days like Mother's Day, Father's Day or whatever else there is. The reason being Islam...I'd actually prefer not to get into this here since this will verge off into a religion debate and that is not what this forum is about. But yes I'm against all those days. The reason why many people are more against Valentine's Day is also b/c it's basis is paganism and Christianity. Furthermore, I have no idea how much they promote it in Pakistan, but trust me it's very big in the Western world, especially North America. Honestly, its origins may have been pagan and/or Christianity but now it's all about capitalism and business making money.
serendipity. thumbnail
i agree with both of youu...
and yeahh, it is all about capitalism and business now!!
Frankly i fint this day way more irritating than the others!
Nimz-KMH thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Don't need to reserve, don't think anyon else is coming.....😆

but will edit in a bit!