Edited by -muskaan - 13 years ago
sona-rai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
loved this new promo👏update soon yaar😃
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lovely waiting for next update. can you plz pm me.
Vintagepeach thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice promo...
cnt wait 4 d update...
namita25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
loved the promo..waiting for the next part..
Shweta13 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Please add me in your PM list ..Thanks , looking forward for a new maaneet story.
592851 thumbnail
Thank you guys for all your lovely comments🤗... they are the reason you guys got the update today otherwise there was no way i was gonna post it before saturday but i was so humbled by your response that i wrote it sooner than i myself expected... thank u once again...
CHAPTER 2

"THE KHURANA'S"

The curtains fluttered gently in the breeze as a furious man paced angrily up and down the corridor. He looked like he would blow a gasket any moment, ready to explode at his good-for-a-giggle brother.

He was waiting for his damned brother because of whom he'd lost a very important deal. But this was not what enraged him rather it was his brother's irresponsible behaviour. He could care any less about the deal but what infuriated him was his brother's careless spoilt brat attitude. This was not the first time dev let him down, in fact letting him down could be considered as an unintentional habit of Dev Singh Khurana; like it was his favourite pass time.

Dev was rotten hell of a play boy, spoiled to the core. He was least bothered about anything and anyone; all that mattered to him were his so called leisure time creepy activities. To him, working was a waste of time and he believed it to be a sin to waste time, after all like a wise man once said "time waits for none". Though he feared his elder brother he loved him just much but all these things did little to nothing to bring a change in him. He was yet adamant on living his life the way it pleased him.

"Where the hell have you been all night" Maan barked at a flabbergasted Dev who'd only entered the mansion seconds earlier.

"Bro...I...I was" Dev fumbled under Maan's piercing gaze "um... actually I was uh... just clubbing"

Hearing this Maan's anger multiplied two fold and had Savitri Devi not come to Dev's rescue he would have been in bad shape. Savitri Devi stopped Maan as he was about to snap Dev, she ordered Dev to go inside and Maan to cool down. But Maan was in no mood of forgiving, he was done ignoring his brother's indecent and improvident ways.

Savitri Devi... the head of the Khurana household, she is a woman of substance. She lost her husband at the tender age of 22. The responsibility of the Khurana Empire then rested in her young inexperienced hands. She was pregnant with her first child when Mr Khurana died in a plane crash. But this did not bring her down rather it made her stronger. She not only proved to be great mother to her son but also an efficient business woman. She retired from work when her son' Maan's father took over the responsibility of the Khurana Empire upon him.

Savitri Devi was on cloud nine when Maan, her eldest grandson came into the world. He had always been a demanding boy since his childhood days and Savitri Devi was more than willing to oblige all of his demands but this does not mean she spoilt him. She instilled the best morals and ethics needed and expected out of the Khurana heir. When Dev was born, though a little disappointed as she was looking forward to be the grandmother to a beautiful baby girl, nevertheless she was happy. After Vicky's birth, with three lovely grandsons the only string left to complete her family was a baby granddaughter. And god did listen to her wishes; her daughter-in-law was pregnant with a baby girl as confirmed by the doctor. But her happiness was short lived. One month prior the due date her son and daughter in law met with a ghastly accident. Their car fell off a cliff and only ruins remained after that. She did not even get to see them for the last time. She was broken, her family would never be complete but she had to be strong. She had three grandsons to take care of. She resumed her duty as the MD of KC and once again handled the burden of one whole empire solely on her own. After 12 years, she handed over this duty to a 21 year old Maan. That was one day and now for the past 5 years Maan has been handling the empire with sheer excellence just like his grandmother had.

Savitri Devi feared nothing in her lifetime but the one thing that is capable of worrying her is Maan's anger. She knows Dev is wrong but she also believes Maan's way of handling Dev improper.

As Maan strode out of the mansion in anger, Savitri Devi tried to stop him but it was futile, he had already left.

It was typical of Maan Singh Khurana to walk out when he could not handle his rage coz that was the best possible solution he could resort to avoid any sort of mishap, lest he would burn everything around him and in the process eventually burn himself.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The staffs of Khurana Constructions were terror stricken. Everyone looked like they'd seen a fire spitting dragon. They were scared to their wits. Their MD was in bad temper then, he was firing people every 20 minutes, for even the slightest mistakes. He yelled at his staff making them tremble in fear. Everyone was running helter shelter to locate one goddamn file. MK who was already pissed at his brother was now even more enraged. He had to attend a meeting in half an hour and his good for nothing staff could not manage to find him the required file for the project.

Finally... to everyone's respite Aditya' Adi found the file in the old archive room, stacked beneath a bundle of old files. What he did not understand was... how on earth the file was kept in that dingy room which hadn't been opened since 5 whole years. But he had no time to ponder over a matter as trivial coz he needed to give the file to MK as soon as possible. He hurriedly handed it to MK who in turn barked at him for his carelessness and ordered him to get out of his cabin.

The rest of the day went relatively smooth for the staff as MK went home earlier than his usual time of leaving the office; without him hovering over their heads they felt like some invisible burden had been lifted off of them.

As Maan entered the mansion he was greeted by the youngest Khurana, Vikrant' Vicky.

Vikrant Singh Khurana is a Casanova but he is not a typical spoilt brat that Dev is. He is well aware of his roots though he is a flirt, no doubt; but there is no harm in flirting as long as it doesn't hurt the sentiments of others. He never goes against the wish of his eldest brother, his mentor, his best friend Maan. He holds his brother in high regard to ever defy his orders. Contrary to his bonding with Maan, Vicky prefers to maintain a decent distance when it comes to his relation with Dev.

Maan's frustration and anger caused by Dev vanished into thin air the second he saw Vicky. He hugged Vicky as Vicky smiled at him.

"Weren't you going to come next week" Maan asked. He was more than happy to see Vicky a week early but he was also surprised and shocked at the same time.

"surprise" Vicky replied with a smirk.

"missed you bro" Vicky said.

Maan gave him a side hug.

"How did the semester go" Maan asked "smooth sail...huh?"

"B-O-R-I-N-G" Vicky said with extra emphasis on every word.

"Vicky you need to take your studies more seriously" Maan frowned at his reply.

"I know bro" Vicky assured him "BTW... guess who topped again"

It was an unsolved riddle for Maan, Vicky missed half of his lectures and the ones he did attend he would either be half sleeping or day dreaming but despite the negligence he sported towards his studies he was always the topper never-the-less. Maan had no idea how Vicky managed to do that, anyway what mattered was the fact that he topped every time.

"you did" Maan stated with pride.

"Any doubts" Vicky raised an eyebrow.

"None at all" Maan replied.

With that said the two brothers got engrossed in talking about Vicky's studies, this was his last semester there after which he will be joining KC. Although Vicky used to tell Maan everything about him, his studies, his friends but the one thing he did not discuss with Maan was girls. Vicky knew it better than anyone else, Maan and girls... Nah... Maan would never in his life talk about women let alone discuss their hotness quotient.

After spending hours talking with each other and skipping dinner, the brothers finally went to their respective rooms only to doze off within matter of seconds.

By the time Maan woke up next morning the sun was up and strong. He looked at his wrist watch and Sh*t. It was 11 in the morning and he was late to pick up Ms Raichand from the airport.

"You are so dead Maan Singh Khurana" he thought to himself.

Just then as he was thinking of excuses to save him from the impeding danger that lurked upon him, his cell phone started ringing. He saw the caller ID and he knew'He was in big trouble. He reluctantly answered the call and dashed out of the mansion. He drove to the Raichand house like a madman. It was Mrs Raichand informing him of her daughter's bad temper.

He took a deep breath as he braced himself and rang the doorbell. He was received by a fuming Anvesha Raichand who was getting very hot under the collar with every passing second.

Maan made an attempt to speak but he was silenced as Anvesha shot him a glare. She shut the door on his face and stormed to the kitchen. No one...simply no one shuts the door at him but this time he knew he was to be blamed for the cold behaviour he received and hence he was not offended at the indecent act by Anvesha.

Maan took another deep breath as he yet again rang the doorbell. This time the difference was he was greeted by a comparatively calm person.

Mrs Raichand smiled at him as she called him in the house.

"What happened" she asked him.

"I overslept" he answered with a frown.

"Mom... why did you let him in" Anvesha screamed as she saw Maan standing next to her mother.

"It's his house as well" Mrs Raichand replied as she left the scene.

Maan came forward with a teddy bear in his hands that he had bought on his way and tried to give it to Anvesha. She threw it away. He offered her chocolates but she shoved his hands away from her and took a retreating step.

Maan looked at Anvesha "please"

"You ditched me at the airport. I waited there for 15 minutes you know that; 15 GODDAMN MINUTES. And now you just come down here with all this bribing material... not this time bro...I'm not forgiving you"

"Annie come on... stop making a big deal out of nothing. Mera baccha kaam kar ke thak gya tha tho he overslept a bit. Besides you are no longer a kid that you need picking up" Mrs Raichand came in.

"Aap tho aisa hi kahoge na... after all he is your beloved son" Annie snapped.

"Nobody loves me" Annie pouted.

"Of course we love you but you have to accept Bari maa loves me more" Maan teased.

Anvesha stuck out her tongue at him.

And they went on.

Mrs Raichand was like a mother to Maan, she was his Bari maa. She and Maan's mother were best friends. Her husband was in the same car that Maan's parents were in at the time of accident. He was the one driving the car. Somewhere down the line she blames herself for the accident. It was her birthday when the dreadful incident took place. She had gotten into a heated argument with Mr Raichand that morning and had left the house in anger. She went to her in law's place in Shimla. Mr Raichand knew he will not be able to get her to agree to come back home, so he asked his friend, Maan's father to help him out. Together the three of them left for Shimla to bring her back. And that was when the horrific accident happened. This was the reason she loved Khurana sons more than her own daughter. And amongst them all, Maan was indeed her favourite and still is. She helped Savitri Devi to the best of her capabilities in raising the children. To Maan she is the mother he'd lost as a child and Anvesha is the sister he never had.

Savitri Devi, Bari Maa, Dev, Vicky and Annie, these are the people who have been privileged enough to receive Maan's love. And Maan had been more than certain there will be no new entrant into this short list ever but what he was oblivious to was the fact that destiny had planned things differently.

Everything in his life was just the way he liked it... in control. He was his own god until one fine day when he met her and BOOM.

PRECAP: 1) Their first meeting.

PRECAP: 2) Yash missing Geet.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
NOW plz dont come with your belans n sandals aimed at me... i know they did not meet in this part but i needed to tell about his family before i moved ahead with the story...
Edited by -muskaan - 13 years ago
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow !!!awsome one yaar...loved it !!!
Radhi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Nice part..
Thanks for the PM..
Continue soon...