Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simran_ild thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
perfect singing!!
two of the best in the music industry came together; it had to be something extra special

10/10
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I simply love this song of Shreya! She has just sang it sooo beautiful that the song is constantly echoing down my ear! Shreya surely deserves a 10/10 for this song :)
kiti_g thumbnail
Two out of 3 songs in the final round, showcasing the best by the singers, by AR Rahman and the third by M M Kreem, now doesn't that say something 😊
Now coming to this song, it is in my view one of the best by ARR in recent times and Shreya has done complete justice to this.
It is not an easy song to sing especially maintaining the required expressions and Shreya is just too good. Is it any surprise that she is singing most and the best of the songs today!!!
It is very easy to visualize someone dancing and smiling with the way she expresses very line!
When she goes high on the 'na na re na re' at the end, very very nicely done. 

I have an issue with the low notes though ...
geeli geeli maati, geeli maati ke
chal gharonde banayenge re - i had to listen to this line some 2-3 times to make out the words
This could very well be due to the expressions she puts in but I still feel this cudve been done better. Just my view 😊

All said and done, this remains one of the best songs as well as the best sung songs in recent times!! 👏 Hope Shreya only gets better and better and continues giving us such songs to cherish!
Edited by kiti_g - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail
Shreya Ghoshal sang very well and carried a very difficult composition. Rahman really knows how to challenge and bring the best out of playback singers.

I thought it was a flawless performance. Expressions were spot on and her voice is beauiful. She handled the difficult harkats and variations in the song very well.

The singing here is a synthesis of voice quality, voice control and expression - the three most important things in playback singing. Shreya has to show all three skills throughout the song - it's not like there is ONE sequence which has a lot of feel and ANOTHER sequence with impressive taankaari. Everything is perfect all throughout the song.

On the difficulty scale, the song doesn't have impressive taans like in Mere Dholna, neither does it utilise an impressively wide range of notes.

Hmm...

Is the singing of the level of Shreya's own Mere Dholna, which was a 10/10 performance for me? In an ordinary round, this performance would have been 10/10, but in this round we have the facility to differentiate between ten-on-ten performances using the half-points.
Edited by xobile - 13 years ago
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
As I've said earlier, to me this is arguably the greatest female singing performance I've ever heard. Like ever. Period.

Just amazing singing throughout the song given by Shreya Ghoshal. Right from the "Na na re na na re na na re na na re" in the beggining, displaying great voice quaity and control

Further on, she sings the Barso Re Megha Megha lines with so much precision. She puts nice harkats on it throughout.  The Meetha hai kosa hai barish ka bosa hai
posa hai kosa hai barish ka bosa hai
is also sang with perfection and full of expression.

Amazing singing all throughout the beginning of the main sequence. And the main "Na na re na na re..." is also sang very well and strong. Excellent.

Just every line to be honest had magic in it. Every line was sang so brilliantly. I could go through the whole song, but just everything was so perfect.

I really liked the ending,

The last "Na na re Na na re" where she goes high, and just goes all out from the singing aspect. 👏 That to me was one of the best sung sequences by any female singer ever. Another 👏 for that.

I think this song for me proves it why she is the best female singer in India.

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Polls are closed!!!!

Audience Avg: 9.9

Judges Scores:

CPR-8.5
ssk13809-10
kiti_g-10
xobile-9.5
someone999-10

Judges Avg: 9.5