Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Shreya Ghoshal

Song:
Mere Dholna
https://sound6.mp3pk.com/indian/bhool_bhulaiyaa/bhoolbhulaiyaa07%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
    You are NOT rating the song You are NOT rating how much you like Shreya Ghosal
    You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1387579

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Reminder: This Round the people that post their ratings in threads (with at least a sentence of reason) will have their ratings counted MUCH more than just a poll vote...
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i was hoping 4 this song 4 shreya its one of the few songs tat are so perfect to showcase her real talent and she exceled in it a perfect 10 for this classical song
Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 I wont say much but I just want to say is I am Proud to be a Shreya fan. Fantastic voice quality, Superb singing & Amazing expressions.

10/10 No doubt!

Here's Shreya's live performance on mere dholna in mkmm medley, I was just stunned to see her ending. She is Superb & my favourite forever! Luv Shreya!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv8cG6PB_20[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shreya ji's singing always brings a smile to one's face. Probably because of her great control and feel to the song, combined by a truly gifted voice. In this song, she mesmerized right from the beginning with her sweet voice with a strong loving expression in it. Then came, "Saathi re, saathi re....mere rom rom mein tu hain". What can I say about this stanza? Truly brilliant, and yet I cannot express in words the majesticity of that stanza, especially the harkats towards the end. But the highlight would defintiely be "O Piya....," She quickly went from a lower to a higher octave, without any hitch and with such control. Also, the feel of that portrayed the neverending love shown in that particular scene.

Flawless singing, 10! 👏

Some trivia: The tune of this song was taken from "Rajmohol", the Bengali version of "Manichitrathazu", titled "Ami Je Tomar"    😉
Ranbir.Fan thumbnail
Shreya Ghoshal has truly delivered one of her finest performance. It is indeed great to see Shreya's masterpiece mere dholna as a contribution to Indian Classical music, as these days we hardly get to see any pure classical tune becoming popular. Shreya has a great classical base & that shows in her gaayaki.
Shreya's alaap during the climax leaved a kind of lasting impact on me. Her voice is truly a delight to the listner, after listening to it I feel like listening to mere dholna again & again.
This round is really tough to judge but I think this time its clearly shreya's round.

10 on 10 for Shreya's mindblowing performance!
Edited by Killer07 - 13 years ago
--Rachna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is one of Shreya's best songs....I love it very much. She has sung it perfectly and deserved to win an award for such a beautiful rendition so therefore a 10/10 for her from me. Well done 👏
-swati- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
10/10 for shreya..
This  is gr8 song selection...

shreya has such a sweet voice and the expressions are just perfect

bhinder.thind thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
10/10 for this singing ...She is a no doubt a best singer to listen when you are in depressed mood...her brings a lot of feelings through her song and which one can feel..
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Just calling this track as eternal best of shreya will be an understatement.
Just calling the jugalbandi between MG Shreekumar, Shreya and Chrous as sheer brilliance will be an even further understatement.
Just calling this track as "the complete all round of an Indian classical track" will prove to be a big understatement.

Understatement is just an ordinary word. This is sheer listening pleasure at its best.
Forget all what you have ever heard before from shreya ghoshal. Listen to this one. She is lethal. Right from start to finish. Sheer insanity (pun) at its best.

Perfection takes a whole new meaning and definition. Someone rightly said," saving the best for the last has its merits........"

Lets get seated, fasten our belts, turn on the ignition and enjoy listening this track and get behind the sheer brilliance of efforts that everyone has put into it.

The start...mere dholnaa..shreya sounds mesmerizing, especially the voice variation-medium-low-low-high-very high without losing her quality..its just brutal. She does three things at one time in one breath. Bloody brutal...

The next best part-sheer jugalbandi between her and MG Shreekumar-is an atom smasher. Its brutally difficult to sing in a fast scale at a high tempo and requires countless hours of practice to perfect your voice timing. Modulation and variations in tempo only adds to more grace. But imagine putting yourself in shreya's shoes and going to recording studio before recording this song, its really tough and mindset still says-hoga, nahi hoga, hoga, nah hoga...but the performance is just insane...infact its sheer enjoyment while singing at its best..she just enjoyed what she sang, that 's what all counted.

MG Shreekumar too complimented shreya extremely well in each and every verse and this is one of the finest all rounded blend of Indian classical duets of modern era of contemporary classical music. His voice is refreshing and the accent is pretty bubbly and sweet, adding to listening pleasure.

Lets not forget the chorus and the superb classical background tune which set the tone for this killer performance. The middle portions, which showed roller coaster like variation of sur and taal, is just a herculean effort which results in sheer insanity at its best. At the end, the vocalistic quality of ending is just awe inspiring.
No artificial or unnecessarily herkats make this a heck of an all round beautifully rendered classical track showing out the best of Indian music in all colours and flavours.

Its insane. Its brutal. Its nothing, but the best. Its that bloody good. Listen to it in a top of the line home theatre and appreciate the sheer voice clarity of this song for that 7 minutes of sheer listening pleasure.

10/10.👏