Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: somone999

Mere Dholna
Now, this is a song which literally surprised me the first time I heard it. I had not even seen the movie, just listened to this song on a radio channel. And seriously, I was completely blown away by the way Shreya has commanded herself for this song. The listener remains engrossed in each and every move of the singing. The variations, the classical alaaps and the finishing of the notes are clean, accurate and just amazing. This song is by far one of the best songs from Shreya Ghoshal. Her classical expertise are so clearly visible here.

Why did I chose this song for Shreya?
Well, of course, it had to be the best of the best from Shreya, nothing less would have been sufficient for this round. It has has a haunting, mesmrizing quality, it keeps on being played in your mind once you listen carefully to it. The important notable point is that in spite of being in a classical tone, Shreya retains so much freshness in the song. She never lets the expression fade away from the song. The emphasis on each and every word is so well blended and so correct. The sweetness in her tone does not fade away, it in fact gives a new dimension to the expressions of this song.

So, these are the many reasons that made me go for "Mere Dholna", this song and its commendable singing clearly declares that Sherya is definitely a singer worthy of complete admiration and it leaves no reason why she is ruling the Bollywood industry. All the Best to Shreya Ghoshal! 😊

My Score: Of course, nothing less than 10 on 10!

Agree with you! And Superb Song selection Someone99👏
kiti_g thumbnail
10/10 👏
Without a doubt! Best song selection for this round and one of Shreya's best!
Congrats someone999, as anyone can see this song is going to be tops in this round!👍🏼
Hunk101 thumbnail
Really happy to see the response Shreya's mere dholna got!👏 Infact First time I have liked or say enjoyed so much listening to something classical, I do respect indian classical music alot but as being a part of the young generation I havent paid much interest to classical as much as I do in young stuffs like remix, romantic, dance etc, but thats naturally for a person like me. Shreyas young & beautiful voice has a superb appeal to any listner out here. She never fails to create magic with her beautiful voice & powerful singing. Mere dholna is truly a masterpiece from Shreya.

10/10

Its really nice to see that everyone enjoyed Shreya's classical treat.😛  After this performance I can say that Shreya truly deserves the position that she has in the industry that of a "Best playback singer". I am really happy to see the response for mere dholna & these has been the best part of the competition for me. I have been supporting shreya from beginning & I have alot of faith in her talent &  I am really proud of her & now I ll say is even if by chance if she doesnt win the competition she will always be a Winner in my eyes. 😊
Backpiper thumbnail
Its amazing to see so many 10's. Honestly speaking I am Speechless after listening to shreya's mere dholna. Such a powerpact performance, & shreya sang superb. I think if this one doesnt deserve a 10 than god knows what on earth deserves a 10! I ll give it 10/10.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@ Shreyacool and kiti_g

Thanks for appreciating the selection. 😊

I would also like to thank Hunk101 and brahmabul for providing their views and help which enabled me to select the right song for Shreya. Thanks guys!
Edited by somone999 - 13 years ago
xobile thumbnail
10/10 - no doubt

Everything is perfect.

p@ras thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Everybody has said everything about this song...nothing more to say... one of the masterpieces in Bollywood music!!! A perfect score 10 from me!
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Obviously, brilliant singing by Shreya Ghoshal!

This performance has already been praised very much. I don't think I can add much. But wow just wow from Shreya Ghoshal. No doubt one of her best singing performances. One of the few things missed in this performance is the power she shows in her voice, this is something you don't see that often from Shreya Ghoshal.

Obviously she had some great classical sequences. She also had some nice pitching throughout the song. Some very nice harkats. And obviously, voice quality to the perfection. Nice expressions, she's one of the best ever putting expressions into her song, it's actually quite impressive that she is so good at this without having that much experience.

Overall, amazing singing all song long. Great display of talent and overall voice quality, and great to see a classical based song such a big hit.

Rating: 10/10

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Polls are now closed!!!!!

Audience Avg: 9.9
Judges Avg: 9.9

Final Avg: 9.9!

A big congrats to Shreya Ghoshal for setting a new record high score!!!! 9.9!!! This is actually quite amazing anyone could score that high. A big 👏
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Great! and I was so much worried about which song I will select. Thank GOD, All is Well. 😊