Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: kuhu.kuhu

Hmmm...I am surprised to observe that actually there is a question as to why people are voting 10, 9  for Shreya ...and If people actually like Shreya's songs thinking she actually sang the song like no other ..then it becomes favoritism or fanatism😕.....

I myself had voted 10 for Richa and Chitaji too....and I am sure there are others who rated high for Shreya as well as for other singers ...Had this question was raised for Alisha , Shilpa or Vasundhara I would have understood but every song of Shreya that had been put up here were beautiful and deservedly received mostly 10 or 9 .....

If other singers don't get high marks...Should it mean audience is biased??.....It is difficult for me to fathom this theory....  

Nope, the point is not that whether Shreya sang well or not. The point is that people tend to vote ONLY Shreya and always give 10's. My appeal is that people should vote for all the singers fairly.
Just compare the amount of 10's Shreya got (31) this round, and the amount of 10's Kavita got (10). This is sheer favoritism according to me. Though I myself am a great fan of Shreya, but I want things fair and square here.

Hunk101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: somone999

Nope, the point is not that whether Shreya sang well or not. The point is that people tend to vote ONLY Shreya and always give 10's. My appeal is that people should vote for all the singers fairly.
Just compare the amount of 10's Shreya got (31) this round, and the amount of 10's Kavita got (10). This is sheer favoritism according to me. Though I myself am a great fan of Shreya, but I want things fair and square here.

I do agree with you, but everyone doesnt listen to the songs with the same perception. Shreya's voice does attract more of fan following because she does have a very beautiful, & young voice. It appeals to everyone, her voice itself is such that even if I try to detect any flaws I am not able to (atleast a person like me who doesnt go into full details of a song). This isnt mere favouritism. Kavita didnt get more 10s, the reason might also be due lack of popularity of the song or even might be because she has a voice more like an elderly female singing.

What I feel is most of the people in the forum vote according to their perceptions of a song, every member doesnt go into full details of the song, so judges play more important role when it comes to minute details, the members vote high for those songs which according to them have a better feel & they can connect to it well. So there is nothing wrong in it.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hunk101

I do agree with you, but everyone doesnt listen to the songs with the same perception. Shreya's voice does attract more of fan following because she does have a very beautiful, & young voice. It appeals to everyone, her voice itself is such that even if I try to detect any flaws I am not able to (atleast a person like me who doesnt go into full details of a song). This isnt mere favouritism. Kavita didnt get more 10s, the reason might also be due lack of popularity of the song or even might be because she has a voice more like an elderly female singing.

What I feel is most of the people in the forum vote according to their perceptions of a song, every member doesnt go into full details of the song, so judges play more important role when it comes to minute details, the members vote high for those songs which according to them have a better feel & they can connect to it well. So there is nothing wrong in it.

I understand. You used the word 'lack of popularity' of 'song', I don't think that this song is a drastically popular song if you compare it with the instant hits of Shreya like 'zoobie doobie', 'o piya', 'teri ore' etc. A little Contrasting to your thought, I believe that Shreya as a singer is more popular, that is what I said earlier and the other judges said the same. Anyways, I am happy that Kavita ji got the required place in this round. So, no complaints from my side as long as things are moving in a fair direction.
xobile thumbnail
Shreya deserves all the adulation, fan following and marks that she gets.

I just wished people responded similarly to (at least) some of our other contestants. Although our game is just fun, it is also a revealing experiment into what 'clicks' with the public.

There is still a bit more time before the audience (myself included) broaden our preferences when it comes to female singers...