-Sarah- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur - Articles Archive

Hi Friends! 🤗

All articles, links, interviews, etc. pertaining Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur and any of it's actors/developers go here.

Love,
IF Dev. Team
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

104 episodes for Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur..
The royal saga on the life of Rani Padmini on Sony will be on air for a definite period of six months only...
Sony brings in a sweeping change..
Winds of change are sweeping India... Sony Entertainment Television will reflect these changes!Starting May 25, 8.00pm onwards with New programming lineup, new look, new feel & more...

Rohit Bakshi in Rani Padmini of Chittod..
Rohit Bakshi who wooed all as Piyush in Kahiin Toh Hoga will be seen essaying the role of Rani Padmini's husband, King Ratnasen in the upcoming historical show on Sony...
Rani Padmini ka Johur..
The opening episode of the magnum opus periodic on the life and times of Rani Padmini will depict the various qualities of the Queen..
Edited by Jenifer. - 14 years ago
Jenifer. thumbnail
Interview With Rani Padmini aka Tejaswini Lonari Video

Interview With Rani Padmini aka ...

Press Conference of Badal Raha Hai Sony Video
Chittor Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur promo Video

Chittor Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur promo

Badal Raha Hai Sony TV Video

Badal Raha Hai Sony TV

Jenifer. thumbnail
SET's 'Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur' ties up with VLCC

Indiantelevision.com Team

(20 May 2009 8:35 pm)

MUMBAI: VLCC has partnered with Sony Entertainment Television's (Set) Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur.

The beauty brand has introduced 'Rani Padmini - Beauty Reflections', a premium package comprising three services - Jewel Facial, Exotic Hand & Feet Treatment and Body Scrub. Customers availing this package will receive VLCC CTM (cleanser, toner and moisturizer) as complimentary.

VLCC founder Vandana Luthra says, "For VLCC which advocates and propagates beauty, it's a great opportunity to be associated with Rani Padmini, whose eternal beauty & courage is legendary. We have created an exclusive range of beauty treatments inspired by the beauty of Rani Padmini. This is an effort to take our clients to the historical era and experience treatments enjoyed by the royalty."

"In the show, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur, we present the different facets of Rani Padmini. We are delighted to associate VLCC with our brand Rani Padmini. The new package of the 'exclusive service' inspired by the protagonist of the show will find instant connect with the channel's viewers and VLCC's customers," says SET assistant VP (marketing) Danish Khan.

Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur is a royal saga of beauty, loyalty, courage and sacrifice of Rani Padmini. The serial launches on 25 May and will be aired Monday-Thursday at 8 pm.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/headlines/y2k9/may/maymam73.php
Jenifer. thumbnail

'I couldn't have asked for a better launch than Rani Padmini'

Sony Entertainment Television will introduce a whole new range of television shows tonight.

The beautiful Tejaswini Lonari will play Padmini in one of the shows, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur. The show profiles the gorgeous queen, as it tells a story of beauty, loyalty, courage and sacrifice. Slated to run for six months (104 episodes), the historical is produced by (art director) Nitin Desai, who has apparently shot the serial on the sets of his earlier film, Jodhaa Akbar. The cast also includes Rohit Bakshi as Ratan Singh and Mukesh Rishi as Allahuddin Khilji.

The 19-year-old Tejaswini introduces herself to Rajul Hegde, and tells her about her royal show.

'I didn't know much about Rani Padmini'

First, tell us about yourself.

I am based in Pune. I've always wanted to become an actress. I am a trained actress from the Kishore Namit Kumar acting institute. No one in my family is into acting although my mother is very good at it!

Twenty girls were short-listed out of 110. A series of auditions and look tests followed, and finally, I was selected. I didn't know much about Rani Padmini because we just had a page on Johur and Padmini in our academics. But I didn't have to do much research because I was provided with all the necessary reading by the team. We had acting workshops. I was also trained to ride a horse, do some stunts and sword fighting for six months. I am still learning.

'We're using real jewellery for the show'

Tell us about your gorgeous outfits in the show.

Neeta Lulla has designed clothes and jewellery. We're using real jewellery for the show. I had done a lot of look tests, so when the shooting started, I carried off the costumes very well without any problems.

'I really feel like a queen when I am shooting'

What was the shooting like?

When I faced the camera for the first time, I didn't get nervous because the team made me comfortable. Also, I am trained actress. We don't have fixed shooting schedules; we worked as per the situations. We work hard but it doesn't mean that they make us slog. They took good care of me and gave me enough time to rest and look fresh.

I have done all the stunts on my own. I was once put on a 30 feet high crane with a harness. I was petrified hanging in the air. Even now, when I think of it, I get the goose bumps. I had my college exams when we were shooting for the stunts. But the production house was sweet enough to let me go and give my exams.

Nitin sir is a hard taskmaster and he knows how to get the best out of an actor. Though I am shy and simple, I can relate to my character to a certain extent.

The sets are very grand and beautiful. I really feel like a queen when I am shooting. The sets have become my second home now. But I don't miss my family much because my mother is always with me.

'It feels good when people compare me to Rani'

Some people think you look like Rani Mukerji.

It feels good when people compare me to Rani because she's one of the best actresses, and my favourite too. It also feels good to be compared to Aishwarya's look in Jodhaa Akbar. But when you watch the show, you'll see it is totally different.

Will we see you in films soon?
There's no difference between television and films. If you have the will and luck, you will definitely make it big. I don't have anything against saas-bahu shows. If I am offered one, I'm sure I can carry it off well. I am blessed to have got the role of Rani Padmini. I couldn't have asked for a better launch.

Watch Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur from Mondays to Thursdays at 8pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

Jenifer. thumbnail

Sony TV to air Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur in 104 episodes

Sony TV is soon launching a new show based on the royal saga on the life of Rani Padmini titled 'Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur', which will be aired for a definite period of six months only in 104 episodes.

The new show is a royal saga of beauty, loyalty, courage and sacrifice of one of the greatest Queens in the history of India. Speaking on this, Producer Nitin Chandrakant Desai said, "The show is of 104 episodes only. We have done lots of research on the subject and are shooting it lavishly."

Sony is experimenting with a periodic saga for the first time. On this, Desai stated, "Yes it's for the first time and we are glad to be part of it. We have given each and every detail to the costume, concept, sets etc. We are really looking forward for the show to go on air."

The gorgeous Tejaswini Lonari Rani is playing the role of the queen Padmini. She will be seen wearing designer clothes and jewelries in the show. Informing this, the actress said, "My clothes and jewels are designed by the award winning fashion diva, Neeta Lulla. It's fabulous as we are using real jewels for the show."

She added, "A large chunk of episodes have been shot and this show will run for six months only. It will show the beauty, journey and sacrifice of Rani."

Now, as she is playing a royal queen, the actress is being compared to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who essayed the character of Jodha in the movie Jodha Akbar. On this, an elated Tejaswini said, "It feels good to be compared to the beauty queen, but when you watch the show you will understand that it is totally different. Above all, I am confident that I will be recognised by on screen name."

http://www.jimandaz.com/13/sony_tv_air_chittod_ki_rani_padmini_ka_johur_104_episodes.htm
Jenifer. thumbnail

Sony Entertainment Television partners VLCC for Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur

Sony Entertainment Television, has exclusively partnered with VLCC for the channel's biggest historical programming initiative– Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur - to introduce a premium beauty service package inspired by Rani Padmini's eternal beauty.

VLCC, India's largest health and beauty brand, has introduced 'Rani Padmini - Beauty Reflections', a premium package comprising three services - Jewel Facial, Exotic Hand & Feet Treatment and Body Scrub inspired by Rani Padmini's flawless beauty. Customers availing this package will receive VLCC CTM (Cleanser, Toner and Moisturizer) complimentary with the package.

Sony Entertainment Television's 'Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur' is a royal saga of beauty, loyalty, courage and sacrifice of one of the greatest Queens in the annals of Indian history - Rani Padmini. Launched on May 25 and aired from Monday - Thursday at 8.00 p.m, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johar is an epic masterpiece that has been created and shot with the grandeur and style that this important chapter in Indian history so rightly deserves.

According to Danish Khan, Assistant Vice President Marketing, SET, "The history of Chittod Ki Rani Padmini is one of the many such splendid & glorified stories in the history of our country. In the show, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur, we present the different facets of one of the most beautiful & courageous Queens of our times, Rani Padmini. VLCC is one of the premier health and beauty brands in the country, known for their exquisite & exclusive beauty services and products. The fit was perfect and we are delighted to associate VLCC with our brand Rani Padmini. The new package of the 'exclusive service' inspired by the protagonist of the show will find instant connect with the channel's viewers and VLCC's customers."

Commenting on the association, Vandana Luthra, founder of VLCC, averred, "We are immensely proud to be a part of this magnum Opus on the television. For VLCC which advocates and propagates beauty, it was a great opportunity to be associated with Rani Padmini, whose eternal beauty & courage is legendary. Taking our association forward we have also created an exclusive range of beauty treatments. These beauty packages inspired by the beauty of Rani Padmini, are an effort take our clients to the historical era and experience treatments enjoyed by the royalty."

Jenifer. thumbnail

Sony undergoesa makeover

Last week, Sony showcased their new fare as part of its revamping strategy. Though the event started late, the channel made-up by giving a slick presentation of its new line-up starting from their period drama, Chittor Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur, where the protagonist made a grand entry in a palenquin. However, it was a little strange that she did not speak a word. From the 12th century, we were brought back directly to the 21st century and a girl, Pavni, ran into the hall. She was representing her serial Palampur Express, in which she is a small-town girl with aspirations of winning the Olympic gold medal. The comic act between Kadam and Kale as part of their new show Dekh India Dekh was funny while a lady singing Rafi songs took us by surprise. She will be on the new reality show Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega. But it was superstar Salman Khan who was the most entertaining with his quick wit and humour. He is back for the second season of 10 Ka Dum.

Jenifer. thumbnail

Not able to copy the article itself so have a look at the link. It's about Tejaswini doing well as Rani Padmini in the show.
Jenifer. thumbnail
Kranti Redkar to do Rani Padmini

Kranti Redkar who was last seen in Simply Sapne on Zee Next moves on from a youth based show to a historical drama. Now the actress will be seen in Rani Padmini. She will be seen playing Rohit Bakshi aka Ratan Singh's first wife in the show.

Introducing her character, she said, "I am playing Nagmati's character, she is Ratan Singh's first wife who is very dominating. She doesn't like Padmini as she doesn't want to share her husband with her."

So does she like playing negative characters? She answered, "I had done Simply Sapne where my character had grey shades also. I think that no character is negative or positive, it's the circumstances that make a person good or bad. Being an actor I have always founded variations in grey characters. Nagmati's character is full of variations, so I chose to do it but I think that in this show people will understand her situation and justify her negativity."

"I had to practice a lot on language because it's not simple to speak a regional language very clearly. I gave some retakes on my first day of shoot because of incorrect pronunciation but now I am fully involved in the character and enjoying it," Kranti said.

Well let us see that what revolution Kranti will bring to her character.