Frequent Posters

Khatarnak thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Hey Rani - how are you doing, good to see you
sonam_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Akanna: It wasn't a couple of pills she ate, it was literally almost the whole bottle of sleeping pills. That clearly is evidence of a suicide attempt.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Khatarnak

Hey Rani - how are you doing, good to see you

Yes thanks Rani for update.
A very sad tradegy.
Hope she will come out stronger and better.
May God Bless Poonam and look after her.
Edited by Summer3 - 15 years ago

Originally posted by: PiyaBawri

Joe,

You do have the right to say whatever but let's not forget we don't have any proof that it's true and let's not help spread rumors by saying things like this PLEASE!!

yup i fully agree tp piya n to tell you honestly i dont believe any article of mumbai mirror its a fake site n keep posting fake articles😕

Originally posted by: Mister.K.

I am still waiting to hear the "truth" about who killed Kennedy.

🤣
sonam_s thumbnail
The article from Mumbai Mirror was also released on Times Of India and TOI does not lie.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonam_s

The article from Mumbai Mirror was also released on Times Of India and TOI does not lie.

Yes I saw it in the Times of India  too. But let us be patient first.
Poonam has many supporters and they are all very angry.
blairwaldorf thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
here's the TOI article:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Ismail-Darbar-in-trouble/articleshow/4303947.cms

Ismail Darbar in trouble...

23 Mar 2009, 1116 hrs IST, ASHWINI DESHMUKH AND BHARATI DUBEY , MUMBAI MIRROR

Rumours insist that Poonam Yadav attempted suicide over an aborted affair with music director Ismail Darbar, he denies it
Ismail Darbar
vehemently

News about Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 contestant Poonam Yadav's attempt to commit suicide on Saturday afternoon has left many shocked. Several rumours have been doing rounds since the unfortunate incident. Poonam's mother immediately rushed her to a Government hospital in Lucknow and by Saturday evening she was shifted to another hospital with better facilities as her condition was critical and she hadn't regained consciousness. At the time of going to press, Poonam was out of danger but she still hasn't given her statement to the police.

A close friend of Poonam from Lucknow said, "Poonam's mother said that she complained of a headache after which she consumed her mother's blood pressure and asthma medicines by mistake. But the doctors said that Poonam consumed a large dose of sleeping pills, which was enough to put her life in danger. It's not like she consumed one or two sleeping pills. It is a clear case of a suicide attempt."

Although Poonam doesn't come from a well-to-do family, financial crisis being the reason why she attempted suicide is completely out of question as she recently got a Government job.

"On March 17, Poonam joined the Central Railways Office in Lucknow, after Minister of Railways, Lalu Prasad Yadav got her the job," said the friend.
The tragic incident has set tongues wagging with many blaming music director Ismail Darbar. He was her mentor on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and the two were rumoured to have shared a close relationship.

The friend added, "Apparently, the reason behind Poonam's suicide attempt is an abortion she had six months ago. We also heard that a few weeks ago, Poonam and Ismail were spotted together at some festival at Varanasi."

Apparently, the Poonam-Ismail relationship is much more than that of a mentor and student. "Last year, Poonam had told me that Ismail Darbar had got her a flat in Mumbai and that she is going to shift to Mumbai. She was quite optimistic as she thought she would make it big as a playback singer. She must have eventually realised that she was only being used," said the friend.

We contacted Ismail Darbar who initially pretended he had no idea about Poonam's suicide attempt. However, he eventually said, "I got a call from someone in Lucknow informing me about this an hour ago. I am not in touch with her since Diwali."

When asked about why he wasn't in touch with Poonam, he said, "Woh bechari ne socha hoga kahan main sir ko baar baar pareshaan kyon karu. I even asked my wife about Poonam as she hadn't called since a long time."

It is learnt from reliable sources that Poonam was terribly depressed since the last six months after she had lost contact with Ismail.
When asked if they were in touch after the show ended, Ismail said, "Yes. In fact she visited my home several times. But after Diwali, I got busy with some problems in my life and we lost touch. "

Commenting on the rapport between the two, Ismail said, "Yes, we shared a great rapport and that's why I was wondering where she had disappeared."
When asked if he had heard rumours about her abortion and if they were in a relationship, he said, "Ya Allah! No, I had no idea about any such thing. Aisa kuchh nahin tha. I have always guided her like a daughter."

Ismail said that he hadn't tried calling Poonam after hearing about her suicide attempt. "I have her number but I haven't got in touch with her. I am busy with my mother's last rites in Surat."

Commenting on if he plans to go to Lucknow to meet Poonam, Ismail added, "No, I am busy here in Surat. At the most I will call her up and ask her why she did this. I can't ask her anything beyond this. And if anyone is trying to malign my name, I will not take it lying down."

"I pray that her life is saved. Even we have problems but we don't try to commit suicide. I was surprised to hear that a girl like her had resorted to such a drastic step," said Ismail.

however you can see that it's credited to mumbai mirror
but yea still ><
this is just disgusting. i never ever expected poonam to get involved anywhere like this. i really hope this isn't true!
Summer3 thumbnail
This is a very serious matter. Many lives are destroyed because of this.
sonam_s thumbnail
She would not have attempted suicide due to the lack of money because she already had a job and that too a quite a good one considering her background. In my opinion, if they really shared a father-daughter relationship, he would have tried to visit her in hospital and have a heart to heart conversation with her.