Celinacrescent thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Hey there!!

New to the forum and wanted to discuss a 40 year old brilliant book that was the first of its kind that instantly became a hit..If anyone interested to know more,I can start posting titbits from it...

Edited by Celinacrescent - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Comics Crusaders

Hello, sure would love to know. But about posting tidbits, try not to give away too many spoilers for people who might want to read. Quotes are ok, but entire chapter or excerpts from the book would count as copyright violation.

Celinacrescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Hello, sure would love to know. But about posting tidbits, try not to give away too many spoilers for people who might want to read. Quotes are ok, but entire chapter or excerpts from the book would count as copyright violation.

No ,I would just give a prologue ( or review or summary )and a gleaming introduction about the author .If I can stir people's curiosity,it's up to them to find more about the novel and perhaps extend this thread further.πŸ™‚

Celinacrescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Dost!!

One more doubt ..This thread wont be locked by 31st right ??

I thought I will post the prologue on that day or 1st.Also,is it ok if I can share with SR fans

If yes,how to tag them so that they may get the updates and comment if their interest is ignited ??

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Comics Crusaders

Originally posted by: Celinacrescent

Dost!!

One more doubt ..This thread wont be locked by 31st right ??

I thought I will post the prologue on that day or 1st.Also,is it ok if I can share with SR fans

If yes,how to tag them so that they may get the updates and comment if their interest is ignited ??

like I explained before, threads don’t get locked unless they reach 150 pages or if there is no activity for over 3 months.

Sure you can tag anyone you want to and invite them to participate. Use the β€˜Tag users’ option when you make a post and add the user names of those you want to invite.

Celinacrescent thumbnail

Im posting the prologue right now.Enjoy..!!

The story is set in an otherwise unremarkable village which is notorious for its infamous Ammankavu (Kali temple ), a place that people avoid even in broad daylight.Naturally ,no one has lit a lamp in the abode of the Goddess.The villagers could sense something eerie in the air surrounding the temple for the past 20 years.A little distance further ,beyond the rice fields looms the second building MANGALAM.Once known for its grandeur and luxury,this residence is now in a dilapidated condition with tiles loosening from the roof.Another place which gives creeps to the people

The scene opens with 3 men drinking themselves into a stupor in the local toddy shop of the village.A heated argument between Toma and the ugly handicapped Velappan causes the former to accept the bet of taking the shortest route to his house via the temple road.The 3rd observer Vasu who is also the caretaker of Mangalam tries to dissuade Toma from accepting the bet.

But Thoma in his inebriated state boasts about his bravery only to be challenged again by Velappan ( Velu). Though Vasu insists Thoma to wait until he shuts down his grocery shop, Thoma is reluctant and leaves alone. Despite having an alternate path to reach home, Thoma goes via Ammankavu.

The night seemed darker and chillier as he walks along the desolate path and then remembers that today it was Amavasya ( no moonday).He unconsciously tries to recall the rumours surrounding the inhabitants of Mangalam as they also own the land surrounding the Kali temple.The deaths surrounding the master and mistress of the house still remained a mystery despite police investigation.All he knew that the young heir of the couple, Sadan, has been whisked away by his Uncle ( Sadan's mother elder brother)after the deaths.The boy must have grown into a young lad who hasn't visited the village in the past 20 years. People say he is working somewhere abroad.

Too many questions haunted him

How Vasu got this much money to maintain the grocery shop ??

Why had Sadan's uncle abandoned the property worth crores ??

Thinking about the deaths caused Thoma to become a little bit more conscious and then suddenly he sees something unusual in the Kali temple - a sight never seen before-

a sliver of light looming in the background as if someone has lit a lamp.How is this possible??

Following the light ,he hears buzzing of bees around him.Unable to stop himself ,he reaches the inner Sanctorum.Yes, a light was burning brightly in front of the idol but he was not alone and a sacrificial stone of black granite was just close to the idol.This must have been the place where people were beheaded in early times.The humming grows louder ..!!

Lo and behold!!

A small scraggy girl of about 5 was sitting on the stone .She was stark naked and sobbing profusely as if in great pain.Thoma'eyes widens....

The next day,few women who collects sticks from the rice field ,get the shock of their lives,when they see the dead body of Toma lying there half eaten by foxes.

The body couldn't be identified as it looked as if someone has twisted it off the neck.The hands has been nearly snapped off in the elbows and blood has clotted there .

Vasu got the news and runs towards the field.He and Velu keep on crying cursing themselves..

Vasu decides to write to Sadan as it is something that must be conveyed to the master.

Edited by Celinacrescent - 1 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Comics Crusaders

Posted: 1 months ago

Hello.

This does sound intriguing. Perhaps you should reveal the name of the book and the author's name, that might inspire people to read it.

Swetha_002 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: Celinacrescent

Hey there!!

New to the forum and wanted to discuss a 40 year old brilliant book that was the first of its kind that instantly became a hit..If anyone interested to know more,I can start posting titbits from it...

Sounds cryptic! I wonder what that book is. Please share the name of the book.

Celinacrescent thumbnail
I posted a small prologue just before your comment.Read and lete know...
Celinacrescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha_002

Sounds cryptic! I wonder what that book is. Please share the name of the book.

I have posted a prologue before your comment.Read it and let me know.