Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Team Bhidur

Posted: 12 days ago

What's there to not understand about his character? He's only loyal to the company and that chair

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Neil

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

In Mahabhat there was one character of Bhishma...whom I didn't understand at all....here in VANSHAJ Db is one character whom I don't understand at all....

As I had read somewhere Who he actually is???....A virtuous one or an ego bound one...or a clouded individual or an unfortunate master or a knowledgeable devotee....who he actually is....

Every other characters I could get an idea of what they might have thought, their inner turmoils or intention..but the one character I couldn't connect with is Db...He is such an unparalleled business personality, who is an exceptionally good and shrewd business man according to story,very knowledgeable in dharma shastra.. he held immense power and public support...he had a very powerful say in family matters even when Sobhana was alive..He could be a kingmaker if not a king....

Same I felt about Bhishma...yes... I understand that are heart he was all for dharma...but that is not important..his outward actions  betrayed his heart..

Same with Db...

Also unpopular opinion...but I believe Punit sir could have done better...i mean DJ has always been a opposition but we always understood him in the initial episodes.Even after all the monstrous deeds of DJ..we still sometime feel for him.. because Mahir humanizes him... I am not saying he is bad...no no..but he definitely could have done better.....no matter how badly written the character is....

Bhismapitamah was good as well as bad character. Individually he is a positive one, but his too much commitment to kingdom and kuru put him in negative category which led to many disasters. All this makes him a complex character.

The same makers want to capture for DB in the show. But failed badly. First, they need to show all this keeping in mind the kalyug...the modern times not dwapar yug when MB happenedsmiley37.  

Irrespective bhisma is good or bad, he was a great warrior and have good leadership skills. But db me to kuch Aisa dikhta hi nai. There is so much goes under his nose, but he does nothing.smiley39In business, he also don't take any decision. Earlier he just kept fanboying over yuvika's ideas and now he approved dj's ideas without questioning. Where is his input in business. 

Coming to performance, it's puneet sir's performance which makes DB tolerable. Varna abhi tak sab paagal ho chuke hote. DB has so much potential, but cvs made utter useless .

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I like rockstar movie...but it is not my favourite movie..

1: So I would like to know what makes it one of your favourite...

2: Your opinion on Character of Jordan in Rockstar...

I'll answer these together. 

Pain breeds music and music breeds pain - this movie is the perfect example of this statement. 

Rockstar is a film that talks about love, heartbreak, aspirations, pain, sorrow, passion, ambition and the consequences of all of them intertwining or rather how one leads to another. Janardhan, is an average college student who wants to achieve stardom but eventually embarks on the path of self destruction. In the end, he gets the name and fame that he always wanted, but at the cost of his heart. The boy he once was died with heer. The man he now is, Jordan, is filled with grief, arrogance and blatant disregard the law. It's a bold movie. On the surface, it seems like it was the fame that changed him. It wasn't. It was the heartbreak, the loss, the grief and the guilt of indirectly killing his lover that broke him. He has nothing left to lose, for there is no joy in this lonely world. 

Imtiaz Ali does a fantastic job of portraying this vision with utmost sincerity. 

Above everything, The songs in the movie are one of my favourite albums. They are strong, meaningful, and moving and serve a purpose to the overall plot of the movie. The lyrics are very purposefully crafted and have the recurring theme of birds (Jordan and Heer). For example, in Sada haq he says, "Main un parindo ko dhoond raha hoon, kisi ne dekha hai unhe?", he is referring to heer and himself, the two birds that were lost amidst the chaos surrounding them. after Heer gets married and he is thrown out fo the house, he sings a qawali in the dargah. The line, "o mujhpe karam sarkar tera, arz tujhe, karde mmujhe, mujhse hi riha." he is begging for relief from this pain that ironically, was his own choice (pursing heer knowing that she was a heartbreak machine). In nadaan parinde he requests the birds to "choon choon kaiyo mas. kaiyo na tu naina more, piya ke milan ki as." because he longs to see heer even if there's nothing of him left. The desperation was reeked in this one line. The songs are there to tell about the psyche of the characters. 

Heer was a catalyst of his career while he turned out to be her disease. 

It may be a Punjabi name but in Dutch the meaning of the word 'Heer' is a gentleman or someone that has power and authority. I don't know if it is intentional or not but in one of the movie's symbolic moments, the guitar he referred to as Heer, burns. It indicates the end of Heer (his lover) and Janardan as a person with kindness, innocence, and agency/autonomy in his own life. If we go by the Punjabi meaning, a Diamond is a thing of value that has burnt. Jordan's value of life has turned to soot and ash. 

I don't like Ranbir as a person. But he was as spectacular as Jordan, the broken artist, in Rockstar. He took what was given to him and the script and alleviated the performance with a personal touch. 

tried to keep it short this timesmiley37

3: What did you learn from a movie like

kabhi Khushi kabhi gum?..

kareena kapoor can actsmiley37

it is a classic Bollywood family, feel-good type of a movie.  

rinki_99 thumbnail

Okay....

I am back with elephant in the room..smiley37a movie that is probably most scrutinized in recent times..it is going to be a discussion format with this movie..

Kuch kuch hota hai...

Okay...so I have always looked at this movie as Anjali's movie..It is Kajol's character Anjali that went through maximum changes during the course of the movie....Rahul was her reward , complication and endgame.Rani serves the plot purpose of an obstacle.It is her action that drives the plot. 

i agree, this is definitely Anjali's movie. She was the central character that the story revolved around. Rahul was all these three and more.

I was with Anjali in this journey...I never felt any sympathy for her.. I emphathised with her. I wanted her to be happy at the end of the movie..If her version of happy ending is with Rahul ,then so be it...So it worked for me..

I guess this is where we differ. I can feel for and understand Anjali's dilemma regarding rahul. It was a big to let go then and it is a big ask to allow him to be a part of her life now. I wanted Anjali to have a happy ending too but I don't think it would have been with Rahul or Aman. I don't know if being together would have eventually worked out for Anjali and aman. that's probably a scenario we will never get to truly explore with the limited knowledge we have of Aman's character. But from where I am standing, Aman deserved someone better than who was still hungover her high school love. I am not blaming Anjali, she has a right to her feelings.   

Also about moving on , I felt their connection was too deep for both of them to forget eachother. They are eachother's soulmate around whom you don't need to put on a mask or pretend..you can be your true self..they had seen eachother at their ugliest and worst yet have loved eachother.(yes..Rahul loved her immensely in college but wasn't romantically in love with her)

I agree that they have seen each other at their worst. If you can love someone after seeing all that, kudos to you. In that sense, their friendship (and one sided love) was deep and sincere. Maybe it's just the practical side of me and my personal views on love that finds it unrealistic that one would still consider each other soulmates after nearly a decade of noncontact. 

..that brilliant parting scene in train station was the proof of that..It was not about them realizing they were in love, he makes no move to hug her..or anything..It was literally about.."what will I do without you ,how will I live"..

Agreed. This scene wasn't meant to be the realization of love. It was simply two individuals, best friends, getting divided by their circumstances. 

that's what Rani saw ,not that they are in love but understood that they can't live without each other. By marrying him Rani has forced them to separate..Such connection you never get over..

I don't agree that Tina forced them to separate. Rahul and Tina were in love and they got married. It so happens that Anjali was in love with rahul too. That's not anyone's fault. She had to go away to because it was to painful to be around them. That's not anyone's fault either. so when her mom fell sick, she saw an out and took it. 

Even Rahul didn't.When kid Anjali was playing rapid fire..how quickly he said Sharma after Anjali.Means she was always in her mind...he must have missed her immensely after she left..

yep, he probably did. 

And writing letter to a kid on her every birthday is a silly plot point..that can't be defended in anyway..what she must have written to a 1 or 2 year old Anjalismiley37

teaching her ABCs so she can read the letter in 8 yearssmiley37

But from a Emotional point keeping logic aside, I feel Rani asked her daughter to do this as she herself would have done the same.She definitely understood in that train station that Rahul and Anjali should not be permanently separated..though She still went ahead and married him..but I am sure she must have made a reunion of two best friends...and little Anjali though was only 8 but life of kids raised by single parents specially daughter without mother is different.She definitely grew up before their age..All she had to do was to bring two friends face to face..Then whatever romantic progression..it happened naturally.

This is one of the points that I found very illogical or rather unreasonable. for all intents and purposes, Anjali was only 8. for an 8-year-old to be given that responsibility of uniting 2 grown adults was unfair. Again, if i keep my practical side at the door, i can enjoy this aspect as little Anjali being destiny's ploy to unite the two. Maybe they just needed to show a bigger time ago between them meeting again, falling in love and then getting married for me to accept it. 

About Kajol changing herself I don't think anywhere the movie shows that she changed for Rahul..yes she attempted to be like Tina once in college but that was a stupid thing..Maybe she just grew up..the clothes she used to wear in college showed who she was from inside I e a child..but after her father died, she left the college and being the only child of her mother she couldn't afford to be a child anymore..may be she outgrew that phase of tomboy and discovered the feminity inside her ...

i was referring to the collage part too smiley37 Of course, as time went on she definitely outgrew the tomboy phase. there's nothing wrong with that.  

Did I make any sense???smiley37

you made a lot of sense smiley37 this is a perspective I haven't come across in a long time. 

Do you think today's social media is a bit too harsh on this movie??

i think some arguments are valid while others are just jumping on the bandwagon. 

What is your opinion regarding Character of Tina..??

she deserved better smiley28smiley19

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: rinki_99

Okay....

I am back with elephant in the room..smiley37a movie that is probably most scrutinized in recent times..it is going to be a discussion format with this movie..

Kuch kuch hota hai...

Okay...so I have always looked at this movie as Anjali's movie..It is Kajol's character Anjali that went through maximum changes during the course of the movie....Rahul was her reward , complication and endgame.Rani serves the plot purpose of an obstacle.It is her action that drives the plot. 

i agree, this is definitely Anjali's movie. She was the central character that the story revolved around. Rahul was all these three and more.

I was with Anjali in this journey...I never felt any sympathy for her.. I emphathised with her. I wanted her to be happy at the end of the movie..If her version of happy ending is with Rahul ,then so be it...So it worked for me..

I guess this is where we differ. I can feel for and understand Anjali's dilemma regarding rahul. It was a big to let go then and it is a big ask to allow him to be a part of her life now. I wanted Anjali to have a happy ending too but I don't think it would have been with Rahul or Aman. I don't know if being together would have eventually worked out for Anjali and aman. that's probably a scenario we will never get to truly explore with the limited knowledge we have of Aman's character. But from where I am standing, Aman deserved someone better than who was still hungover her high school love. I am not blaming Anjali, she has a right to her feelings.   

Also about moving on , I felt their connection was too deep for both of them to forget eachother. They are eachother's soulmate around whom you don't need to put on a mask or pretend..you can be your true self..they had seen eachother at their ugliest and worst yet have loved eachother.(yes..Rahul loved her immensely in college but wasn't romantically in love with her)

I agree that they have seen each other at their worst. If you can love someone after seeing all that, kudos to you. In that sense, their friendship (and one sided love) was deep and sincere. Maybe it's just the practical side of me and my personal views on love that finds it unrealistic that one would still consider each other soulmates after nearly a decade of noncontact. 

..that brilliant parting scene in train station was the proof of that..It was not about them realizing they were in love, he makes no move to hug her..or anything..It was literally about.."what will I do without you ,how will I live"..

Agreed. This scene wasn't meant to be the realization of love. It was simply two individuals, best friends, getting divided by their circumstances. 

that's what Rani saw ,not that they are in love but understood that they can't live without each other. By marrying him Rani has forced them to separate..Such connection you never get over..

I don't agree that Tina forced them to separate. Rahul and Tina were in love and they got married. It so happens that Anjali was in love with rahul too. That's not anyone's fault. She had to go away to because it was to painful to be around them. That's not anyone's fault either. so when her mom fell sick, she saw an out and took it. 

Even Rahul didn't.When kid Anjali was playing rapid fire..how quickly he said Sharma after Anjali.Means she was always in her mind...he must have missed her immensely after she left..

yep, he probably did. 

And writing letter to a kid on her every birthday is a silly plot point..that can't be defended in anyway..what she must have written to a 1 or 2 year old Anjalismiley37

teaching her ABCs so she can read the letter in 8 yearssmiley37

But from a Emotional point keeping logic aside, I feel Rani asked her daughter to do this as she herself would have done the same.She definitely understood in that train station that Rahul and Anjali should not be permanently separated..though She still went ahead and married him..but I am sure she must have made a reunion of two best friends...and little Anjali though was only 8 but life of kids raised by single parents specially daughter without mother is different.She definitely grew up before their age..All she had to do was to bring two friends face to face..Then whatever romantic progression..it happened naturally.

This is one of the points that I found very illogical or rather unreasonable. for all intents and purposes, Anjali was only 8. for an 8-year-old to be given that responsibility of uniting 2 grown adults was unfair. Again, if i keep my practical side at the door, i can enjoy this aspect as little Anjali being destiny's ploy to unite the two. Maybe they just needed to show a bigger time ago between them meeting again, falling in love and then getting married for me to accept it. 

About Kajol changing herself I don't think anywhere the movie shows that she changed for Rahul..yes she attempted to be like Tina once in college but that was a stupid thing..Maybe she just grew up..the clothes she used to wear in college showed who she was from inside I e a child..but after her father died, she left the college and being the only child of her mother she couldn't afford to be a child anymore..may be she outgrew that phase of tomboy and discovered the feminity inside her ...

i was referring to the collage part too smiley37 Of course, as time went on she definitely outgrew the tomboy phase. there's nothing wrong with that.  

Did I make any sense???smiley37

you made a lot of sense smiley37 this is a perspective I haven't come across in a long time. 

Do you think today's social media is a bit too harsh on this movie??

i think some arguments are valid while others are just jumping on the bandwagon. 

What is your opinion regarding Character of Tina..??

she deserved better smiley28smiley19

Hey first of all...

Thank you for such patient answer...glad that you understood so much...smiley27..

Well I think I could not explain the separation part correctly... I did not mean Tina separated them in any wrong or romantic context..As I said the train station scene was not at all about love.. about two best friends who were expressing their inability to function without eachother...so keeping love aside..

See Rahul and Anjali were always a unit. Rahul used to flirt with girls but it was always fun..Anjali knew of them and none of them were a threat to what she had with Rahul..first potential to  threat was Tina..So when Anjali learns that Rahul loves Tina and wants to marry her...she was just left excluded ..

That song "tujhe yaad Na meri ayi" shows that.When Rahul and Tina are in their bubble and celebrating their new found love.. Anjali is left alone in the cold wrapping herself in heavy sweater bcz suddenly she was not the most important person to Rahul...hell Rahul doesn't even have enough time for her.. For the first time there was a distance not just physical but Emotional as well...

Rani herself said"main do dosto ke beech as gayi thi.."...so yes...it is not that she was at fault..in fact Rahul and Tina were in love..but I meant the separation in this way..

Again thank you for being so patient smiley31

rinki_99 thumbnail

Hey first of all...

Thank you for such patient answer...glad that you understood so much...smiley27..

Well I think I could not explain the separation part correctly... I did not mean Tina separated them in any wrong or romantic context..As I said the train station scene was not at all about love.. about two best friends who were expressing their inability to function without eachother...so keeping love aside..

See Rahul and Anjali were always a unit. Rahul used to flirt with girls but it was always fun..Anjali knew of them and none of them were a threat to what she had with Rahul..first potential to  threat was Tina..So when Anjali learns that Rahul loves Tina and wants to marry her...she was just left excluded ..

That song "tujhe yaad Na meri ayi" shows that.When Rahul and Tina are in their bubble and celebrating their new found love.. Anjali is left alone in the cold wrapping herself in heavy sweater bcz suddenly she was not the most important person to Rahul...hell Rahul doesn't even have enough time for her.. For the first time there was a distance not just physical but Emotional as well...

Rani herself said"main do dosto ke beech as gayi thi.."...so yes...it is not that she was at fault..in fact Rahul and Tina were in love..but I meant the separation in this way..

Again thank you for being so patient smiley31

Aaaahhh yes when you put it this way, I agree. As much as the song it memed,it does hold significance to the plot. I m actually glad tina had that sort of social and emotional awareness. 

And the coincidence of this whole topic is that KKHH started playing on the TV just now. my mom sent me to get groceries myself cause she wanted to watch it 💀💀💀

Team Bhidur

Since you're catching up on the show here are a couple of questions;

What was the last episode you watched? Did you like it?smiley36

How did you sit suffer through HM episodes? Did you skip complete ephsodes / just the scenes in which she was present?smiley37

Are you still enjoing the show unironicallly?smiley26

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 12 days ago
rinki_99 thumbnail
Posted: 11 days ago

the last episode i watched was 226 (the one where dadababu came back). Nope, i am so mad that they; 1) Pulled such a cliche with the yukti multani as yuvika's doppleganger BS. 2) ruined all the characters. 3) made dadababu so juicless smiley44

How did you sit suffer through HM episodes? Did you skip complete ephsodes / just the scenes in which she was present?smiley37

i told myself that it was a phase and it would pass eventually. Everytime i watched an episode with her in it, i prayed that it would be the lastsmiley37 I skipped scenes unless they were plot relatedsmiley37

Are you still enjoing the show unironically?smiley26

Nope, but adat se majboor hoon

Team Bhidur

Ok now for some fun questions;

Ruhi or Simone 

Simone or Koel

Neil or Kabir

DJ or Kartik

Shobana or Devyani

Yuvika or Yukti

Pre 75th aniversary arc Isha  / post 75th aniversary arc Isha / post leap Isha?

Dadababu or Vidur

Dhanraj or Vidur

Gargi or Bhumi

Your veiws on Bhidur as a ship

Team Bhidur

Originally posted by: rinki_99

the last episode i watched was 226

I thought you said you finished watching ep 229