Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Team Kabir

Posted: 24 days ago

Okay....

I am back with elephant in the room..smiley37a movie that is probably most scrutinized in recent times..it is going to be a discussion format with this movie..

Kuch kuch hota hai...

Okay...so I have always looked at this movie as Anjali's movie..It is Kajol's character Anjali that went through maximum changes during the course of the movie....Rahul was her reward , complication and endgame.Rani serves the plot purpose of an obstacle.It is her action that drives the plot. 

I was with Anjali in this journey...I never felt any sympathy for her.. I emphathised with her. I wanted her to be happy at the end of the movie..If her version of happy ending is with Rahul ,then so be it...So it worked for me..

Also about moving on , I felt their connection was too deep for both of them to forget eachother. They are eachother's soulmate around whom you don't need to put on a mask or pretend..you can be your true self..they had seen eachother at their ugliest and worst yet have loved eachother.(yes..Rahul loved her immensely in college but wasn't romantically in love with her)..that brilliant parting scene in train station was the proof of that..It was not about them realizing they were in love, he makes no move to hug her..or anything..It was literally about.."what will I do without you ,how will I live".. that's what Rani saw ,not that they are in love but understood that they can't live without eachother. By marrying him Rani has forced them to separate..Such connection you never get over..

Even Rahul didn't.When kid Anjali was playing rapid fire..how quickly he said Sharma after Anjali.Means she was always in her mind...he must have missed her immensely after she left..

And writing letter to a kid on her every birthday is a silly plot point..that can't be defended in anyway..what she must have written to a 1 or 2 year old Anjalismiley37

But from a Emotional point keeping logic aside, I feel Rani asked her daughter to do this as she herself would have done the same.She definitely understood in that train station that Rahul and Anjali should not be permanently separated..though She still went ahead and married him..but I am sure she must have made a reunion of two best friends...and little Anjali though was only 8 but life of kids raised by single parents specially daughter without mother is different.She definitely grew up before their age..All she had to do was to bring two friends face to face..Then whatever romantic progression..it happened naturally.

About Kajol changing herself I don't think anywhere the movie shows that she changed for Rahul..yes she attempted to be like Tina once in college but that was a stupid thing..Maybe she just grew up..the clothes she used to wear in college showed who she was from inside I e a child..but after her father died, she left the college and being the only child of her mother she couldn't afford to be a child anymore..may be she outgrew that phase of tomboy and discovered the feminity inside her ...

Did I make any sense???smiley37

Okay so tell me what you think ? I would like to extend this discussion...

Do you think today's social media is a bit too harsh on this movie??

What is your opinion regarding Character of Tina..??

Edited by asmitamohanty - 24 days ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

I like rockstar movie...but it is not my favourite movie..

1: So I would like to know what makes it one of your favourite...

2: Your opinion on Character of Jordan in Rockstar...

3: What did you learn from a movie like

kabhi Khushi kabhi gum?..

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Team Bhidur

No offence bit Rahul was a jerk in KKHH....he ignored Anjali cause she was tomboyish and went for Rani's character and was only interested in Anjali when she started wearing traditional clothes....he came back for her after 7 years expecting her to be available for him....dude never loved anyone but himself , he was a narcissist 

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

No offence bit Rahul was a jerk in KKHH....he ignored Anjali cause she was tomboyish and went for Rani's character and was only interested in Anjali when she started wearing traditional clothes....he came back for her after 7 years expecting her to be available for him....dude never loved anyone but himself , he was a narcissist 

Okay... about the dress...

First thing is 

See may be Rahul was more into feminine woman...he was not attracted to tomboy kind of girl....they are his type...everyone does have a type...I don't think he should be shamed for having a preference...

But he did love Anjali... probably not romantically attracted...

Also there was a song" ladki badi Anjaani hai.." where he remembers Anjali in his college tomboyish attire..it shows that he missed her all these year..and the attire made him look at her as an adult woman who was mature from inside.he in his college time always looked at her as a buddy who was a child at heart..plus the 8 year time gap was also there...to me it was more like ",our connection is as pure and deep as it was before..but let's make something more of it.. explore it romantically..now as both are on same level.."

He did not come back expecting her to be single..When he met her after 8 year,he was single...and from his appearance he understood that so was unmarried..she didn't tell Rahul about her engagement with Aman..she played basketball, went on a walk.., danced in rain inside the gazebo..he did not force Kajol for this..Kajol happily did all this in her own will...

Also I enjoy such discussion....why will I get offendedsmiley37..hai kaun Rahul mera..

smiley36

I don't think this movie was flawless...smiley36

Edited by asmitamohanty - 24 days ago

Team Bhidur

That basketball scene where he gropes her did not age well smiley39

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 24 days ago
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

That basketball scene where he gropes her did not age well smiley39

Well as I said...I don't think movie is flawless...so yes that was a silly scene...smiley36

I understood the purpose..it was to show that Rahul looks at her as a woman who he  flirts with,also to highlight their intimacy and haq on eachother.and that growing sexual tension that is new between them.

. .but it definitely could have done in a better way...smiley37

I won't defend it....smiley36

rbpll thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Team Neil

Originally posted by: rinki_99

Congratulations on being MOTWsmiley40smiley32

thank you!

Here are my some silly questions. 😜 

1. If you could trade lives with a fictional character for a day, who would it be, and what would you do?

Hope Mikealson from the originals. I would dump Landon Kirby because I cannot for the life of me stand his character or the fact that hope made him her whole personality. Bro could do miles better. 

2. What is your best memory?

N level results day 2019

3. What kind of people you get easily gel up with?

the ones i have common interests with. It's easier for to start conversations when we have similar interests. 

4. What is the one thing you wish you could change about yourself?

my  impulsive tendencies 

5. What is your dream profession and why?

bro, i wanna be a spy with my binoculars and cool gadgets jus to the thrill and adventure smiley37 or maybe a scientist so I can invent bionic humans. 

6. What's your biggest "what if" in life?

what if I could gain superpowers smiley37 

7. Describe the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

i became a dog chasing a rat before i became a human wearing an astronaut suit and running around the jungle. 

8. Mention a slogan/phrase for yourself that perfectly sums up your life philosophy. 

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing things with magic. True power is restraint. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass.”

― Warren Buffett

I usually just focus on the, "breathe and allow things to pass." alternatively i just tell myself, "chal na yaar." and move onsmiley37

9.  Which ITV show you are watching currently and why you like it?

Raisinghania vs. Raisinghania - I am not sure if this counts cause it's more of a web series but the content is so ITV. I am intrigued by Ankita's storyline and I want to see how she ends up taking over the company. It's a courtroom drama so I am automatically interested. 

vanshaj- i am a complemtinist. I have to finish it now that I've started even if it takes me a while.

Rab se hai dua - for fun, time pass. 

miley jab hum tum - it's a shame i didn't watch it earlier. One of the gold OG ITV shows that I want to finish. 

10.  Which foreign show you are watching currently and why you like it?

i am currently watching The Originals. the characters, plot and storyline are good and intriguing. There's a lot of world-building and lore from what we already saw in TVD. The show is about family above all and that aspect is what draws me in.

11. I can see you have watched Vampire diaries. So which brother you like and why? 

none, both of them took turns to annoy the crap out of me.

And which pair you like and why- Delena or Stelena. 

I don't care about the romances in the show smiley37 Plus all three of these characters irritated me throughout all 8 seasons. The only one that really got me invested was Karoline but that ship sunk so that's that. 

12. Currently the content you are watching irrespective it's medium and language, who's your fav fl and ml and why?

Klaus Mikealson, Bro is a badass. 

Nupur Bushan, miss gurl is an icon. 

Some questions about Vanshaj

1. Who do you think is worthy of being vanshaj?

Buzzo. the rest are useless smiley37

2. Dj or yuvika: who do you find more interesting?

even though he is the villain, DJ as a character is more interesting to me. at least until the point I've watched (episode 205). 

Yuvika's character motivations, actions, and thoughts are pretty straightforward. They start with Prem's teachings and end with the reason he died. Before this, she didn't even want to be Vanshaj. Her goal was to prove Prem innocent and leave. To me, her reason to stay and put everyone's lives in danger isn't compelling enough. 

DJ on their hand, is he really stupid at times? yes. Does he make one of the most vile plans that are downright shameful? yes. Can he be justified? No. but does his motivations make sense? yes. He has been told his whole life that this empire is his. But someone he has never met in his entire life comes and takes that all away. you can't even make the argument that he isn't capable. We saw him bring in revenue for the company in the very first episode. despite the way he comes off, he does love his mother. His emotions have a wider range than Yuvika's. 

3. What are your thoughts about neivika? 

as a couple, I like the ship for 2 main reasons. firstly, it doesn't take centre stage on the show. The second the ship takes over the plot, I get annoyed. So kudos to the writers for keeping their story in tandem with the overarching one. secondly, contrary to popular opinion, I don't mind the slow pace their relationship was going at. Yuvika has been in the Mahajan house for at least 1 year. So in that one year, they met, had some really deep and meaningful conversations, realistically thought about their future, became official, and met each other's families as significant others. To me, that is a pretty decent pace for a relationship. The scenes they have together may be few and far between but it's enough to convince me that they are in a healthy relationship. the beauty of this ship is that fact that it is so understated but worth caring about. 

4. Give your views about these characters of vanshaj? Anything: good or bad traits or any suggestions or complain.

- Dadababu

Bro, please stop swaying around like a swing when delivering dialogues. This man screwed everyone over and isn't isn't apologetic about it.

- Dhanraj

He has a sad life. I'll give him a break. smiley37

- prem

bhai, itni mahaanta kaha se ati hai apna. Hame toh nahi ati. But he was a good father, I'll admit that. The kids remembering him so fondly and feeling the loss so deeply is a testament to the fact that he made it a point to be present in their lives. So good job. 

- Vidur

I feel bad for this man but I am also baffled at him. He spent his whole life with the Mahajahns but got nothing to show for it (other than his bank balance). But the fact that losing his wife because of them did not deter him from continuing to work the Mahajan is just shocking. 

- Bhoomi

kya se kya bana diya bhoomi queen kosmiley19 she was my favourite character of the lot. but they butchered her so badsmiley19

- Gargi

aunty ka har baar popat hojata hai. becharismiley37

- Neil

bro needs a storyline of his own.

- Isha

Bro is a feisty person but been, kyu neil jiju ke piche padi hosmiley44. Given the necessary training, bro would be a better heir than DJ and Yuvika combinedsmiley37 

- Arjun

kam karle koi 

5. Which actor you like the most in vanshaj?

isha

6. Which actor's performance you find weak?

Buneet

7. What is the best and worst aspect of vanshaj? 

best- Their promos are so well done. It makes me genuinely interested in the upcoming storyline. 

worst- the execution of good plots. they some how keep fumbling at the end of it and it crashes and burns.

Aaram se jawaab Dena 😜 

I only watched first episode of originals. Uske baad dekha hi nai Maine.

I am also watching raisinghani vs raisinghani. Yes, it is a typical tv show with OTT packaging. The main story is not bad, but it is moving too slow. Virat's character could've been intriguing as the guy has layers. But they made his character too inconsistent.

MJHT is one of my fav youth show back in the day it telecasted πŸ₯°. Nupur and Mayank both were my fav. That time love stories used to be so good.

About Vanshaj

I am also watching vanshaj out of habit more than interest in story😜. I also have habit to complete the show once I started. So will complete it till the time it ends.πŸ˜‚

Agree with you, none of them is worthy of vanshaj. In fact, i was never interested in vanshaj story since they have went with with hero vs villain arc, so we know who will be the vanshaj.

Yes, dj is for me is more interesting character than yuvika. Yuvika is one dimensional for me. Dj could have been an more intriguing character if they would not have made him complete black.

DB could have been a strong character if they made him an unbiased strong head of family or a negative character. But isse favouritism dikhaane aur rone ke alawa kuch nai aata.😑

I am neutral towards vidur. I admire his intelligence and love his bond with Neil and DB. But his loyalty to mahajans are very unrealistic, especially how it effected his family and caused trauma for neil.πŸ₯Ί 

Dhanraj is one of my fav character. He is such a layered character and also the only person knows business. Rest just keep yapping big words, but do nothing.

Bhoomi was also once upon a time my fav character. She was the perfect mixture of brain and heart. Kya bana diya usse. 

Isha is my fav nagar and also voice of audience. And isha used to be streetsmart then her both siblings. Like, bhoomi, iska bhi character destroy kar diya. Though I understand her falling for neil, and don't blame her, but at times usse bahut zyaada brat dikhaate hai.

Gargi is my fav villain. If dj is all about emotions, then gargi is the brain who executes her plans like makkhan.

Neil ko koi individual arc nai Milne waala. Abhi se bata deti hu so don't expect anything further.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

About neivika...yes unlike other shows, vanshaj didn't let love story overpower the main story. Aage aage dekhna ye love story kitni mast proceed padegi😜😜😜

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

Posted: 23 days ago

In Mahabhat there was one character of Bhishma...whom I didn't understand at all....here in VANSHAJ Db is one character whom I don't understand at all....

As I had read somewhere Who he actually is???....A virtuous one or an ego bound one...or a clouded individual or an unfortunate master or a knowledgeable devotee....who he actually is....

Every other characters I could get an idea of what they might have thought, their inner turmoils or intention..but the one character I couldn't connect with is Db...He is such an unparalleled business personality, who is an exceptionally good and shrewd business man according to story,very knowledgeable in dharma shastra.. he held immense power and public support...he had a very powerful say in family matters even when Sobhana was alive..He could be a kingmaker if not a king....

Same I felt about Bhishma...yes... I understand that are heart he was all for dharma...but that is not important..his outward actions  betrayed his heart..

Same with Db...

Also unpopular opinion...but I believe Punit sir could have done better...i mean DJ has always been a opposition but we always understood him in the initial episodes.Even after all the monstrous deeds of DJ..we still sometime feel for him.. because Mahir humanizes him... I am not saying he is bad...no no..but he definitely could have done better.....no matter how badly written the character is....

Edited by asmitamohanty - 23 days ago

Team Bhidur

I agree that he could do better....but I think he can only perform to the extent which is given on the script....Mahir gets to portray varied expressions wheras he only gets to tear up on screen so it's unfair to compare them

Also Puneet sir makes the character of Dadababu bearable....imagine some other actor singing Sanskrit happy birthday or giving sermons on Prem , you would feel like breaking your phone and TV during every episode....Puneet sir's aura makes the character bearable so he is definitely performing well in the show

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Team Kabir

I agree that he could do better....but I think he can only perform to the extent which is given on the script....Mahir gets to portray varied expressions wheras he only gets to tear up on screen so it's unfair to compare them

Also Puneet sir makes the character of Dadababu bearable....imagine some other actor singing Sanskrit happy birthday or giving sermons on Prem , you would feel like breaking your phone and TV during every episode....Puneet sir's aura makes the character bearable so he is definitely performing well in the show

Yes... as I said... I don't think he is bad...in fact as you said..Puneet Sir's aura is making Db bearable..he has a terrific screen presence.Also physical appearance and the correct aura that commands respect.and it is such a badly written character till date... even makers are confused...so it is difficult for him to make Db interesting....

But I had expected a lot from him..I expected him to take the character and add his own element to make him a little bit interesting at least. so I think he could  do better.... strictly my opinion..

For me Db is the most complex of the show as I can't understand him at allsmiley37

Edited by asmitamohanty - 23 days ago