Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Inviting you all to share your thoughts on this topic. 

RainOfDew thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Disclaimer: Totally my povsmiley36

Regarding Bheeshm, I feel he was more deprived in terms of his rights. He didn't got Hastinapur's throne, he didn't got his family, took oath of celibacy and even gave up the rights of choosing right or wrong as he promised his loyalty to Hastinapur's throne. So much knowledge and so much talent, still just because of a week father he had to give all that up.

Regarding Karna, he was deprived from basic human rights that should've been the rights of every lower cast citizen at that time, the right to education or right to equality. He was deprived of the things that others of his cast were deprived of as well. I don't think that makes his wishes or ambition any less important but he never wanted to fight for all the people who got unfair treatment he just wanted to fight for himself. He just wanted to proof That he is worth it by actually hating his competitors. I would not say Arjun was any less egoistic or something but Karna's mind was more poisonous.

Yes his whole childhood was painful and unfair but so was Krishna ji's if you think about it. So was of pandavas and Kauravas if you think about it.

Krishna ji's whole childhood was of course beautiful but still no one can deny it was tragic as well. Born in jail, got exchanged with other kid in storm, many murder attempts by his own uncle to finally leaving his whole place to fulfill his destiny 

Pandavas lived in forest then their father and step mother died and then so many hate they got from kaurav brothers when came to Hastinapur. Dronacharya preferred pandavs especially Arjun because they were more talented, how was it Pandavas fault. 

Kauravas childhood was also not good, Royal court tired to killed them as soon as they were born considering them as bad omen , then Shakuni always made them feel worse by telling them that everyone loves pandavas more than them.

Karna's parents loved him, still he wanted more, I am not saying it's wrong but why curse your destiny when you chose to write it that way 🤷

I liked ur pov, for those who call Pandava's or Kaurava's life priviliged over Karna's this is the best explanation.

Even being god Krishna's life wasnt easy. Yes he had powers but no one can escape destiny.

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RainOfDew

I liked ur pov, for those who call Pandava's or Kaurava's life priviliged over Karna's this is the best explanation.

Even being god Krishna's life wasnt easy. Yes he had powers but no one can escape destiny.

Yeah karna and Krishna had this convo also during war and Krishna ji at last said to him that life's unfairness does not give you lisence to walk on wrong path

No doubt he faced discrimination but if he would have handled it differently then maybe he would have not died like the way he did in war. He should've been on the right side, Krishna ji gave him chance even after he humiliated draupadi in dyut sabha, vibhishan chose dharma over loyalty, if he would have done the same he would've been more happy at least internally 

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sorry for entering late in this discussion.

In my opinion Karna's problem was not Kunti's abandonment. Rather the twin boons that Kunti asked from Surya for having Karna

1. Kavach and Kundal of Surya that Kunti insisted Surya give Karna.

2. Her virginity being intact, i.e. No one could ever know that Karna was born to her and she goes to Pandu as a virgin

The kavach that Karna had was identical to the one worn by Surya and his earrings (Kundala) belonged to Surya's mother Aditi. Both were made of Amrita and were very clearly noticeable as of divine origin.

Therefore anybody with eyes that could see would have a look at Karna and know who the father is. 

However Surya as he had promised could never tell anyone Karna is his son born to Kunti.

Kunti's acknowledgement of Karna would help him claim his status as divine born Suryaputra., even if it wouldn't make him a Pandava. Just like Arjuna was Indraputra. Yudhishthir was Dharmaputra and Twins were Ashvineya.

I feel Karna's hatred of Arjuna was more to do with the fact that Arjuna was loved and proudly proclaimed as son by Kunti herself, as well as Pandu and most importantly by Indra, who never left a single opportunity to show the world that Arjuna was his son. 

(Indra organised the biggest ever birthday party when Arjuna was born in Shatashringa, asked Krishna to be Arjuna's friend after Govardhan event, orchestrated through Agni the best showcase of Arjuna's valor at Khandava. Got him Gandiv, and special chariot and inexhaustible quivers, then more divine weapons in exile. Took him during exile to Swarga to enjoy there again showcased Arjuna's valor in nivarakavacha battle. Finally took away Karna's Armor) Even Dharma helped Yudhi occasionally. Hanuman came for Bhima.even if Vayu didn't.

Compare that to Surya who did nothing for Karna except give him his Armor and earrings and then refuse to acknowledge that he was his son.

Karna in my opinion always knew he was Surya Putra and the only woman famous that time with sons born from Devas being Kunti it wasn't that difficult to guess that either.

As did everybody else. That is why Dhritrashtra doesn't react at all when Sanjaya who overheard Karna Krishna conversation comes back and repeats it to Dhritrashtra in Udyoga Parva.

So I feel Karna's deprivation was that everyone knew he was Suryaputra but wasn't acknowledged as one

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Interesting perspectives!

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 21 days ago

In my opinion it's Bhishma, because he didn't get anything by choice but due to satyawati's unhappiness from him. She always took advantage of his kindness and self sacrificing behavior.

Whereas karna chose something after being king of Anga and friend of duryodhana. No one imposed any decision on him for lifetime.