Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ananya3129 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Panchavati Peacekeepers

Posted: 1 months ago

After reading Shri Rama's lamentations about Sita mata on the sea shore before Lakshmana I am damn sure that he just wanted to prove to the world about her being pure and pious when he refused to accept her. 

He was missing her badly and was desperate to be reunited with her.

This part is love

https://www.valmikiramayan.net/utf8/yuddha/sarga5/yuddha_5_frame.htm

Those who felt bad after reading that part please go through this one 

Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ananya3129

After reading Shri Rama's lamentations about Sita mata on the sea shore before Lakshmana I am damn sure that he just wanted to prove to the world about her being pure and pious when he refused to accept her. 

This part is love

I also said the same thing in previous post ...he loves her way too much in Ayodhya kand , kishkindha kand his lamentations are just too much teary 

Chinie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

This part is love

Yes this part is very emotional.one and brings out the expressive side of Shri Ram. It's clear they both are 1 soul.  He loves her very much

ananya3129 thumbnail

Panchavati Peacekeepers

Contrary to this popular belief, there is no mention of juthe ber in VR. She gave them fruits but no where it is mentioned that she tested those before offering. So these are all interpolations 

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Kishkindha Knights

Contrary to this popular belief, there is no mention of juthe ber in VR. She gave them fruits but no where it is mentioned that she tested those before offering. So these are all interpolations 

Don't know about that but it's quite popular about joothe ber scenario. And I think makers r mainly following valmiki Ramayan and ramcharit Manas.. rest few bits from here there 

Overall they still sticking to main story. Barring few exceptions 

Stardust91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chatterbox

Don't know about that but it's quite popular about joothe ber scenario. And I think makers r mainly following valmiki Ramayan and ramcharit Manas.. rest few bits from here there 

Overall they still sticking to main story. Barring few exceptions 

Some authors say it is mentioned in the Padma Puran. 

Others say its not there but in Odisha Ramayan. 

In his book Sita, Devdutt Patnaik mentions that the story of the eaten berries comes from the Bhaktirasbodhini of Priyadas. 

Edited by Stardust91 - 1 months ago
Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Stardust91

Some authors say it is mentioned in the Padma Puran. 

Others say its not there but in Odisha Ramayan. 

In his book Sita, Devdutt Patnaik mentions that the story of the eaten berries comes from the Bhaktirasbodhini of Priyadas. 

VR has none of Hanuman ji seena cheedna , Shabari Ber , Ram nam ka pull , Kevat Prasang ... Everything is logical.....As far as I remember it comes from RCM which is BhaktiKavya

Stardust91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

VR has none of Hanuman ji seena cheedna , Shabari Ber , Ram nam ka pull , Kevat Prasang ... Everything is logical.....As far as I remember it comes from RCM which is BhaktiKavya

So there is a belief that Tulsidas is none other than Valmiki himself reborn and RCM is written as what is narrated to Ma Gauri by none other than Lord Shiva himself. Thus Shivji narrating it to Ma Gauri in this show. 

I mean Hanuman Chalisa also says "Ram Lakhan Sita Mann Basiya" so people doubting RCM, do they also then doubt Hanuman chalisa? And mann basiya can be interpreted in many ways. 

As for VR, I have always read that the original unabridged version is impossible to find. So whatever exists today is abridged, translated, extrapolated. Anyways I won't say more here. 

ananya3129 thumbnail

Panchavati Peacekeepers

Posted: a month ago

A good read about misconceptions of Ramayana 

https://twitter.com/Vaishna48417918/status/1776837193316937807?t=g3UQHs-WeyLwQnKyilg7jA&s=19

Edited by ananya3129 - a month ago