Ramayan Canon Discussions|| DT NOTE P.20||

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Dandakaranya Diplomats

Posted: 4 months ago

Srimad Ramayana is an ancient epic and has many versions. We are all familiar with certain popular versions like Valmiki Ramayana or Ramcharit Manas, however, there are other less popular text versions and still others that are lore, that have been adapted into TV shows/ movies/ plays/ dance-dramas etc - that are their own form of canon such as Ramanand Sagar's 1987 TV Series Ramayan. 

This show, Srimad Ramayan, may be an amalgamation of different canonical versions.

And at times, the show's canon may be distorted/ adapted differently than popular canon. 

For the purpose of meaningful comparisons, we have created this Ramayan Canon thread to discuss various versions of the Ramayana and how this show is different from those versions. 

Any other topics made to discuss story distortion/ canon divergence will be merged with this sticky thread/ posts made will be moved here.

You are asked to restrict all comparisons with other Ramayan versions strictly to this thread.

You can also use this thread to quote from the scriptures/ original texts/ other text or show canon. 

Please note: This thread is for discussions on the storyline ONLY. Please do not bring in comparisons of any other kind such as on actors who have played these characters in other canon versions.

At all times, please follow the Rules outlined for this forum and IF CoC in your posts/ discussions.

Edited by LizzieBennet - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

So can anyone explicitly tell the differences between Ramayan by Valmiki ji and Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas ji . I don't many of them 

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

So can anyone explicitly tell the differences between Ramayan by Valmiki ji and Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas ji . I don't many of them 

I have just started reading Valmiki Ramayan and I have noticed certain differences like sita mata's swayamwar was not conducted like a huge function but Raja Janak had shown that dhanush to maharishi Vishwamitra Ram ji and Laxman ji and maharishi Vishwamitra asked Ram ji to break the Dhanush. Also parshuram ji didn't met Ram ji just after he broke the Dhanush. They met when Ram ji wad returning to ayodhya with sita mata and his family after his and his brothers wedding.

I have also heard that in Valmiki Ramayan shree ram was portrayed as a human having high morals and values hence called maryada Purushottam Ram and later tulsidas ji declared him as seventh incarnation of lord Vishnu in adaptation of Ramayan that is Ram charit Manas. Though when you will read Valmiki Ramayan you will notice that Valmiki ji portrayed Shree Ram as an extraordinary human and the destroyer of evil.

Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Now talking about acting all the Ayodhya senior  actors have edge above SKR maybe not Sumitra  .. like they actually look from their era ?? Do you all agree ?

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Now talking about acting all the Ayodhya senior  actors have edge above SKR maybe not Sumitra  .. like they actually look from their era ?? Do you all agree ?

I haven't watched skr daily so don't remember the casting but this shows casting seems very good 💯

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I really liked Kausalya, Sumitra and especially raja Janak ( He was amazing !!) in SKR .

Over here I like Dasharath and Kaikeyi. Ram ji's casting is amazing . I find him much better than SKR Ashish . I don't like the actor playing Janak here . Have seen him as Indra before and somehow he doesn't seem to suit the role of Janak

Although I loved how Madirakshi looked as Sita in SKR, she was beautiful but I didn't like her acting.

Over here I don't like the casting of Sita at all. I really wish the casting was different !!

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

Originally posted by: vaidharbhi95

I really liked Kausalya, Sumitra and especially raja Janak ( He was amazing !!) in SKR .

Over here I like Dasharath and Kaikeyi. Ram ji's casting is amazing . I find him much better than SKR Ashish . I don't like the actor playing Janak here . Have seen him as Indra before and somehow he doesn't seem to suit the role of Janak

Although I loved how Madirakshi looked as Sita in SKR, she was beautiful but I didn't like her acting.

Over here I don't like the casting of Sita at all. I really wish the casting was different !!

Was he Indra dev in Devon ke dev Mahadev? 😲😲

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MishBirStruck

Was he Indra dev in Devon ke dev Mahadev? 😲😲

Yeah 😅

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Ayodhya Archers

😲🤣Now I can't unsee it 

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MishBirStruck

😲🤣Now I can't unsee it 

IKR!! All the mischiefs that he did in devon ke dev starts playing before me whenever I see him as Janak 😂