Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daffodils01 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

What’s AA?

So far I don’t understand Goenka’s significance in this story , I hope they fade away into the background after that track is over . Poddar family supporting members have better story to tell.

I don’t think Kaveri Poddar is heartless enough to throw Abhira out on whim, she is softening up to Abhira and hasn’t done anything to hint that she’ll be unreasonable in future .

Daffodils01 thumbnail

Dev, Yuvraaj, Sanjay, Manisha and Dadisa all are good actors with characters having lots of potential to shine but they don’t get enough screen time because makers want us to see Ruhi’s failed attempt at seeking sympathy 24*7.

Yuvraaj alone could have created various kinds of problems and drama for Armaan / Abhira/ Poddars but makers didn’t apply creative thinking for the track as all they wanted to show was Ruhi’s pain that reality is difficult than her colourful imagination .

Honey-Friend thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Team AbhiMaan (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Daffodils01

Great point 👍 whenever she gets the hint that Armaan is slipping away from her hold she emotionally blackmails him taking advantage of his love for Poddar family and then uses her tears to manipulate him into believing that she’s a broken soul who is suffering through fires of hell for him and his family.

In all this nonsense Armaan ends up looking like a fool smiley44.

But if you think about it, what an emotionally draining situation he is in, Ruhi’s presence is actually quite suffocating for no one but Armaan . She’s tormenting the very same person she prays for .

Yep.. 

He is the one who is constantly suffering.. He trusted the wrong person and as a result he is trapped in her manipulation and blackmail..

She is sucking the life out of the very person whom she claims to love..

This is so pathetic and demeaning.. 

If I feel my supposed love is thinking about someone else more than he ever thinks about me, I would just straight up leave.. Never to turn back.. In fact if the supposed love doesn't stand up for our love in the first place I will just break up and never ever talk to them again.. 

Daffodils01 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Honey-Friend

Yep.. 

He is the one who is constantly suffering.. He trusted the wrong person and as a result he is trapped in her manipulation and blackmail..

She is sucking the life out of the very person whom she claims to love..

This is so pathetic and demeaning.. 

If I feel my supposed love is thinking about someone else more than he ever thinks about me, I would just straight up leave.. Never to turn back.. In fact if the supposed love doesn't stand up for our love in the first place I will just break up and never ever talk to them again.. 

Agree ..

But if her love was so real she would actually see his suffering or take into consideration his feelings but she makes every situation about her, her emotions and promises made to her .

True love would never weaponise Armaan’s devotion for Dadisa and blackmail him so much.

If tomorrow writers show how mahaan she is to sacrifice her true love for Abhimaan and Rohit’s sake and move on in life , I won’t be buying that .

Rishma1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Same writers have done a good job of showing Akshara- Abhira bond, Abhira’s PTSD with respect to Yuvraj’s stalking & Akshara’s death and dysfunctional relationships with hints of warmth in Poddar family . 

I don’t know about Aarohi because I didn’t watch that generation but I believe if 80% of characters in this generation are written well with a somewhat consistent tone and traits why can’t they make Ruhi tolerable ? Character who hogs most of the screen time by forcefully inserting herself in every situation.smiley24

According to me Ak-Abhira bond is the Only best writing in this gen and was very refreshing Like though I don't like Ak still I have re-watched their mother daughter scenes many times they are really sweetsmiley27

Abhira's emotions after Ak's death that track didn't even look like Fl's mother had died and that too Murdered She was sad but Maybe because I have seen too many tv shows and there the reactions were so good or maybe writing was good that I was disappointed with Abhira and the whole track Only the FL's acting made up for the writing

Poddar's dysfunctional relationships again initially were interesting but Everyone's reaction especially Dadisa's  to the disappearance or supposed death of the favourite grandchild Rohit was very badly written It looked more like blaming Abhira than being anxious due to fav child's disappearance and till the time I watched it didn't even feel like Rohit was the favourite one Even Vidya she's the mother Man I have seen mom's in TV shows doing everything they could to find their child and Never believing that anything happened to them Vidya don't even look like a grieving mother and that Rohit was her only son She is even fine with her son's wife being too close to Armaan just days after his disappearance Madhav toh never behaved like a father to either of his sons n no improvement till now

And I don't even want to get started with Armaan's so called love for his brother 

Abhira-Yuvraj initially was great till the deal marriage thing Her fear disgust yet fighting against a powerful psycho was amazing but that stupid marriage ruined it for me From the videos I have seen It's Samriddhi's acting which shows that he is dangerous and she is in danger otherwise the overall track itself looks funny after reading the epi update But yeah Yuvraj's character is written better and Acting makes it perfect

And Ruhi is really intolerable due to her Armaan obsession and bad acting but still is a okay character not completely negative and I believe they can't write consistent non-villains as only villains are consistent till now others change with TRP's that's why I want Ruhi to either disappear like Rohit or just turn into antagonist but with good acting the Actress needs to improve or change atleast there will be consistency in being a Vamp just like that creepy Yuvraj he is the character who is consistent since day one and the Phupha character who is again consistently abusive 

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Let me tell you, makers, if you're trying to portray Ruhi as some amazing character with a really difficult background by inserting sequences in which she is continuously bothering Abhira / Armaan or is *attempting to* make sad eyes at Armaan to cry about her phooti kismat and think that this make up for the cutesy sisterly scenes/ relatable one sided love / unfulfilled love trop , it's not working , just stop ✋.

It disgusts me to think how easily she destroyed a man's life and is unconcerned about whether he is still alive or dead because she can freely obsess over his elder married brother.

The Ruhi-Armaan sequences with sad music playing in the background are extremely distasteful because, first, the character is very shallow and cheap, second, their relationship is as uncooked as a packet of raw noodles, and third, the actress cannot act to save her life. These moments completely ruin the ML and songs for me.

To be honest after these scenes, I've grown to dislike Ruhi even more. 

Regardless of Ruhi's background, Abhira bears no accountability for it. Neither she nor anybody else is required to extend kindness to this shallow individual simply because Ruhi had a difficult upbringing. In fact, I think Abhira has already shown Ruhi too much kindness. So I’ll be very disappointed if after Goenka connection truth reveal you show this crybaby to be some mahaan person who has baggage of all the unfortunate things of the world on her shoulders & Abhira is expected to bow down to her or be considerate to, don’t even think of trying it smiley24.

Ruhi's sad experience does not give her a legitimate reason to act so immature, immoral  resentful to bother others. Even Abhira and Armaan have a sad story and are currently struggling with  little to no support system yet we don’t see either of two acting like Ruhi

Therefore, if you truly want Ruhi to be a parallel lead, stop spending ten minutes per episode on her pity party, she looks dumb doing that smiley24.Instead, invest in her character and get plastic surgery done to bring in an actual actor.

If that’s not in your options then please just make her *what she is* a full time vamp and free us from the dumb shallow pity party scenes  🙏 

I don't regularly watch this serial. Anyway I was reading the forum just curious regarding the ongoing love story of Armaan and Abhira.Saw the promo of Armaan finally asking Abhira to be part of his family.Good to see an ML doing that for an FL.It shows Armaan's concern and care for Abhira though I believe from what I have read about the updates that Armaan was in love with Ruhi earlier Yuvraj's actions forced Armaan to get married to Abhira.

While Armaan and Abhira are shaping up to be a pretty nice couple their love story lacks the depth. I had read an interview about Yuvraj's character and that got me curious as to why certain people were perhaps shipping Abhira with Yuvraj.

I don't understand why any ML who's depicted as truly passionate for loving a girl has to be always negative.If Armaan and Abhira were to be the end game then Yuvraj should have been the one for Ruhi.The CV's could have run a parallel love track for Yuvraj and Ruhi.

I watched the episodes and I liked the expression and presentation for Yuvraj's character.He was truly in love with Abhira but the way he chose was wrong and pathetic to say the least.Killing Abhira's mom and stalking her always cannot be called as Love.

What the CV's could have done is depicted those drone and Cylinder scenes for Ruhi by Yuvraj.Also Yuvraj could have been shown as respecting Ruhi's personal boundaries while at the same time having that passion for her 

Veer was obsessed over Bani in N5 but never crossed her personal space or did those things which Yuvraj did.Bani was his world for him and he even stood up for her rights when confronted by his family.

Bani might have been his mortal  enemy being the Naagin and she came for revenge against Veer but what she did not expect was Veer's mad love and his caring nature for her which later on led to an incredible romantic story between the two.

Rather than depicting Yuvraj as an out and out villain he could have been moulded into a parallel lead mad over Ruhi if not over Abhira.His care his concern his passion and his unwavering support for Ruhi could have led to another good romantic track ending with their wedding while showing Abhira's wedding with Armaan side by side.

Ruhi could have seen that beneath Yuvraj's dominating nature lies a true heart which cares and loves her madly.This is not about defending Yuvraj but about presenting an alternative perspective that it's not wrong to love a girl passionately but the way it's presented or depicted that's what matters.

The CV's lost the chance of reforming Yuvraj into some kind of an anti hero who would be there for the FL whether it's Ruhi or Abhira in any difficult situation and keep her protected and safe always.

Veer always protected and madly cared for Bani.Was Veer wrong in doing the same or was Krishna wrong in doing the same for Pratigya though Krishna's methods certainly deserve criticism.

The makers did the same wrong thing in Titli serial also.Garv was depicted as some abuser while passionately loving Titli.Why any ML who in short passionately cares and loves the FL has to be negative or a villain?

Abhay the vampire madly loved Piya.Its not necessary that any ML who truly loves his woman cares for her makes her feel special has to be only or always negative.ML's nature can certainly change for the woman.

Why does the FL have to change the nature of ML always? Veer or Krishna changed themselves because they loved and respected their mates Bani and Pratigya.

It's not wrong to depict an ML truly loving his woman but the way ML's character is shown or shaped up by the CV's that's what matters.

Rather than a vamp Ruhi could have been the ideal FK for Yuvraj.

edited out Gen 3 reference

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 months ago
Daffodils01 thumbnail

Although I'm not familiar with the other shows you cited as examples, I have watched Yrkkh Gen1–2 and the beginning of Gen3, and I can tell you that in Rishta verse crazy ML wouldn't work just like it didn’t in Gen3. I watched a few episodes of that gen before giving up because the relationship lacked substance,they saw each other and simply rebelled against their families without any sort of reasoning or connection. 

Romantic shows often centre on crazy and grey MLs but Yrkkh is all about managing your love story along side familial relationships and obligations, what worked for Pratigya/ Naagin won’t work in this show. 

I don't want YRKKH to attempt telling a story in which the leads are so infatuated with one another that they don't actually consider other parts of life .They tried it once and It was a huge disaster.

In contrast to what you said, I believe that the foundation of the relationship between Abhira and Armaan is stronger than that of Akshara and Abhimanyu since they both acknowledge each other's shortcomings and qualities as well as their difficult pasts before truly falling in love and committing to one another.

Their relationship is actually pretty wholesome and has a good potential to shine with tonnes of interesting stories to explore if Ruhi is taken out of the picture or atleast her scenes with Armaan are shot/ written in better way ( as of now she’s just forced into each episode without any real need for it)

Ruhi is not a legacy kid, thus I doubt she will receive enough regard to warrant such a complicated love story between her and Yuvraj.

Plus, Yuvraj exists to demonstrate the stark contrast between him and Armaan.  Yuvraj has a single track mind and thinks about Abhira 24*7 while Armaan balances everyone along with Abhira, she’s not centre of his universe but he actually cares about her , her wishes and well-being, whereas Yuvraj/Ruhi, though think and obsess over Armaan and Abhira more than themselves , they only care about their love, feelings, and benefits; they don't actually care about Abhira/Armaan. 

Though the execution is neither smooth or nuanced, the underlying theme of this Gen is the distinction between obsession and genuine love.

So it’s futile to wish for love story of two obsessed individuals in YRKKH especially when they are still clearing up the mess of previous season based on the same idea, they just can’t write such stories in a good way. Their specialty is gradual slow burn love and it’s better if they stick to that .

Originally posted by: masked

I don't regularly watch this serial.I have watched the episodes of Kaira before.Anyway I was reading the forum just curious regarding the ongoing love story of Armaan and Abhira.Saw the promo of Armaan finally asking Abhira to be part of his family.Good to see an ML doing that for an FL.It shows Armaan's concern and care for Abhira though I believe from what I have read about the updates that Armaan was in love with Ruhi earlier Yuvraj's actions forced Armaan to get married to Abhira.

While Armaan and Abhira are shaping up to be a pretty nice couple their love story lacks the depth of Kartik and Naira or Abhimanyu and  Akshara.I had read an interview about Yuvraj's character and that got me curious as to why certain people were perhaps shipping Abhira with Yuvraj.

I don't understand why any ML who's depicted as truly passionate for loving a girl has to be always negative.If Armaan and Abhira were to be the end game then Yuvraj should have been the one for Ruhi.The CV's could have run a parallel love track for Yuvraj and Ruhi.

I watched the episodes and I liked the expression and presentation for Yuvraj's character.He was truly in love with Abhira but the way he chose was wrong and pathetic to say the least.Killing Abhira's mom and stalking her always cannot be called as Love.

What the CV's could have done is depicted those drone and Cylinder scenes for Ruhi by Yuvraj.Also Yuvraj could have been shown as respecting Ruhi's personal boundaries while at the same time having that passion for her 

Veer was obsessed over Bani in N5 but never crossed her personal space or did those things which Yuvraj did.Bani was his world for him and he even stood up for her rights when confronted by his family.

Bani might have been his mortal  enemy being the Naagin and she came for revenge against Veer but what she did not expect was Veer's mad love and his caring nature for her which later on led to an incredible romantic story between the two.

Rather than depicting Yuvraj as an out and out villain he could have been moulded into a parallel lead mad over Ruhi if not over Abhira.His care his concern his passion and his unwavering support for Ruhi could have led to another good romantic track ending with their wedding while showing Abhira's wedding with Armaan side by side.

Ruhi could have seen that beneath Yuvraj's dominating nature lies a true heart which cares and loves her madly.This is not about defending Yuvraj but about presenting an alternative perspective that it's not wrong to love a girl passionately but the way it's presented or depicted that's what matters.

The CV's lost the chance of reforming Yuvraj into some kind of an anti hero who would be there for the FL whether it's Ruhi or Abhira in any difficult situation and keep her protected and safe always.

Veer always protected and madly cared for Bani.Was Veer wrong in doing the same or was Krishna wrong in doing the same for Pratigya though Krishna's methods certainly deserve criticism.

The makers did the same wrong thing in Titli serial also.Garv was depicted as some abuser while passionately loving Titli.Why any ML who in short passionately cares and loves the FL has to be negative or a villain?

Abhay the vampire madly loved Piya.Its not necessary that any ML who truly loves his woman cares for her makes her feel special has to be only or always negative.ML's nature can certainly change for the woman.

Why does the FL have to change the nature of ML always? Veer or Krishna changed themselves because they loved and respected their mates Bani and Pratigya.

It's not wrong to depict an ML truly loving his woman but the way ML's character is shown or shaped up by the CV's that's what matters.

Rather than a vamp Ruhi could have been the ideal FK for Yuvraj.