Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: DaddyMarvel

Back in 2006 or 2007, there were a LOT of websites that hosted free streaming links of Bollywood movies. These websites contained forums for discussing shows and chatting with one another. However, the setup of those forums was boring - gray and white interface, cheap graphics, and mostly titles and fields. They reminded me of D2L, Canvas, and Blackboard (LMS from college times). 

These websites eventually died with the advent of movie / video hosting websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Netflix and whatnot. However, despite all of this, the only thing that remained constant was India-Forums (yes, there used to be a hyphen in its name, and I still use it subconsciously). 

The thing about IF is that IF is a platform like no other. It focuses not only on the entertainment side but also on the creative one. We have a dedicated platform for creative writers, fanfictionists (for the lack of a better word), rhetorical analysts, and much more. With updated graphics and a super-easy user interface, I think IF has set the benchmark against all odds and still continues to do so. 

And to add to the above, we had websites like smashits.com (live radio, songs, forums, and movie wallpapers) and Sulekha.com (mostly a community-oriented portal). Smashits.com vanished overnight (God knows what happened) and Sulekha.com turned gray on me in no time - I eventually got bored with all the FORMAL talks and discussions going on on Sulekha. Sulekha is still around, but it's just not for me anymore.

IF allowed me to make friends and connections - a binding factor that no other website offered. The fun factor at IF is at a totally different level. God knows how many relationships and fights I have had on this site. 😆 ❤️

Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 2 years ago

I have never felt the need to visit other sites ,

I am totally at peace in IF .

It was because of requirements for various activities in IF I had to create new email ID, new account in FB, Twitter, Insta, imgur, etc etc . 
I visit those sites for IF related work and nothing else 

Edited by Sutapasima - 2 years ago