Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: AuntyDepressant

See I told you Juni! You should have told Mina about your proposal for Husn Ara. Now Mina has heard it from Husn Ara and she heard it as a gloat. She must have felt insulted and like an idiot at the same time. Thinking that how Husn Ara must have been laughing at her behind her back. This must have hurt her and it might make her turn away and be suspicious of Juni as well. Ohh Juni! what did you do?

This show is really interesting. It is making us think of our preconceived notions of how a wife and daughter in law should be. At least with me it is the case.

When I look at the visuals I find Mina offensive and annoying but when I think about what she is saying she almost always has the point.

Mina wants to be accepted and to belong. She wants to be sure of her position in Juni's life. She knows very well about circumstances surrounding her marriage. She was rejected once before. Now the people associated with Juni are rejecting her again. This really is an uncertain situation for her. On top of it now she is not even sure about how Juni feels about her. Is she only an obligation, a duty for him as a wife or he is genuinely fond of her. Let's see how the story unfolds in upcoming episodes.

This is the mystery isnā€™t it? I donā€™t know who the heroine of this drama is smiley37 Both Mina and Husn Ara are insufferable but also logical in their own right - and I can see how Juni and his goodness can also be a weakness for Mina and why that infuriates her. Mina is always right on the money when it comes to her judgement of people, itā€™s just that her methods are soooo soooo badtameez and wrong smiley36 She comes across as selfish and scheming.

Thereā€™s also the complete absence of love in this love triangle. First one Iā€™ve seen where thereā€™s a triangle but nobody loves anybody. Not really smiley37 Thereā€™s infatuation and a marriage but zero love shove lol. So weird ! But so refreshing to see !

The sister is really good too as a performer - I enjoy her scenes a lot. I think through Nida, her daughter, the audience perception of Mina is also changing. Sheā€™s the most optimistic and neutral character whoā€™s doing no wrong so weā€™re supposed to perceive Mina and the change in Mina through her. In the beginning she was a fan of Mina, like we were. But now, sheā€™s slowly realising keh sheā€™s also badtameez and selfish. Which as the audience we have also accepted now smiley36 Mamya plays her so good though. Sheā€™s very understated in her acting which is so nice to see. Holds her own against seasoned actors like Zahid and Hira smiley27

Anyway, what a typical story told in an extremely atypical and intriguing way ! Canā€™t wait for next week. I do hope Hum switches to twice a week now. Itā€™s irritating to wait this long šŸ˜¢

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

Love their reviews. So on point and sensible most of the time smiley20

sheeluneelu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

Dono mein se heroine kon hai?smiley36

Bechara Junaid gundiyon mein phans gayasmiley36

Zahid itna masum bhi lagega yeh kabhi nhi socha tha, I like himsmiley1

Kafi time baad dekhna start kiya par show acha lag raha hai mujhe, ghisi piti story hai par cat fight dekhne mein maza aa raha hai.

Jahil no. 1 ne BA kiya hai aur Jahil no. 2 ne double MA smiley36

Originally posted by: sheeluneelu

Dono mein se heroine kon hai?smiley36

Bechara Junaid gundiyon mein phans gayasmiley36

Zahid itna masum bhi lagega yeh kabhi nhi socha tha, I like himsmiley1

Kafi time baad dekhna start kiya par show acha lag raha hai mujhe, ghisi piti story hai par cat fight dekhne mein maza aa raha hai.

Jahil no. 1 ne BA kiya hai aur Jahil no. 2 ne double MA smiley36

Aur sab se bari jaahil behen ne paindoo makeup main PhD! smiley36 I absolutely love the sisters character details ! She used to do soooo much makeup and bright colors n what not but ever since Juni got married her makeup and clothes ke colors have also become dimmed smiley37 Maybe a deliberate choice šŸ¤ŒšŸ¼

I donā€™t think Juni is doodh ka dhulla howa and blameless though. Heā€™s pretty passive as a husband and doesnā€™t stand up for Mina - she has to take matters into her own hands and it makes her even more insecure. Also he kept the Husn Ara thing a secret from her even though she asked him about it directly if he ever had a thing for her. So thora sa jhoota bhi hai lol.

But itā€™s so so fun to see the different interactions. I love that the cast is small and you see these overlapping interactions. Sab kafi interesting namoonay hain and you donā€™t know what to make of them or to predict anything lol. Bus bechari Nida neutral hai smiley36

every other story Iā€™m watching rn is fairly predictable tou esse dekhnay main mazaa aata hai. So many surprise elements smiley20

sheeluneelu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

Originally posted by: tgota92

Aur sab se bari jaahil behen ne paindoo makeup main PhD! smiley36 I absolutely love the sisters character details ! She used to do soooo much makeup and bright colors n what not but ever since Juni got married her makeup and clothes ke colors have also become dimmed smiley37 Maybe a deliberate choice šŸ¤ŒšŸ¼

I donā€™t think Juni is doodh ka dhulla howa and blameless though. Heā€™s pretty passive as a husband and doesnā€™t stand up for Mina - she has to take matters into her own hands and it makes her even more insecure. Also he kept the Husn Ara thing a secret from her even though she asked him about it directly if he ever had a thing for her. So thora sa jhoota bhi hai lol.

But itā€™s so so fun to see the different interactions. I love that the cast is small and you see these overlapping interactions. Sab kafi interesting namoonay hain and you donā€™t know what to make of them or to predict anything lol. Bus bechari Nida neutral hai smiley36

every other story Iā€™m watching rn is fairly predictable tou esse dekhnay main mazaa aata hai. So many surprise elements smiley20

Agreed.

Juni bhi kam nhi hai, pahle bata dena chahiye tha Husn Ara ke baare mein but it's not easy to tell about your insult to someone when that someone is your wife aur bhi mushkil ho jata hai.

He didn't even say it to his sister about proposal thing.

I understand her insecurities but she never treated him well.

Junaid ki wife hun iska matlab mai koi jahil nhi hun. She indirectly calls him jahil.

Dono hi insult karti rahti hain har time banda jaye toh jaye kahan smiley36

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

I expected a better script for this show

Junis sister is so toxic

To the point of being unrealistic

Even the chudail sis in laws are less worse than her

Anyways

Only in parizaad I could see a true bro sis relationship

I m forever thankful to the writer for that

Otherwise the sister or the phuppo is always shown to be selfish planning plotting and cunning which is so annoying and unrealistic

I literally canā€™t believe Minaā€™s badtameezi has reached the peak where Iā€™ve become a Husn Ara sympathiser now smiley37 WHAT EVEN šŸ¤Æ

I donā€™t even blame the sister for making that last wali suggestion coz gurl Iā€™m fed up of this chic too smiley36 Being THAT off the rails with her sweet neighbor aunty was the last straw for me! YEEESSHHHH

P.S. the incorporation of background music and the title song is so so good in this. It hits. Not overused like in Radd. I dig it šŸ‘

Edited by tgota92 - 4 months ago
sheeluneelu thumbnail

Sheheryar Munawar

Originally posted by: tgota92

I literally canā€™t believe Minaā€™s badtameezi has reached the peak where Iā€™ve become a Husn Ara sympathiser now smiley37 WHAT EVEN šŸ¤Æ

I donā€™t even blame the sister for making that last wali suggestion coz gurl Iā€™m fed up of this chic too smiley36 Being THAT off the rails with her sweet neighbor aunty was the last straw for me! YEEESSHHHH

P.S. the incorporation of background music and the title song is so so good in this. It hits. Not overused like in Radd. I dig it šŸ‘

I don't like Mina at all smiley36

Originally posted by: sheeluneelu

I don't like Mina at all smiley36

I donā€™t like ANYONE in this show but the hook is keeping me hooked smiley36 keh aagay kya hoga?

None of them even love each other. So likeā€¦ Iā€™m too invested in this. I want them all to just get their comeuppance I guess? Aaj Husn Aara ki bari thi - uffff that insult was šŸ¤ŒšŸ¼ what a great parallel to how she had insulted Juni when he came for her rishta. Matlabā€¦ DITTO. The flowers were thrown n everything. Mazaa aa gya lol. But then later I also felt bad for her. Also Mina not opening the house door for Juniā€™s sister was also hilarious. She gets so pressed by her itā€™s SO FUNNY šŸ¤£

Bus Sab aik dusray ki bajaa rahe hain and Iā€™m seated to see them all suffer at each others hands smiley37

Edited by tgota92 - 4 months ago