Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: Golimumab

Omg yeah the X Ray glasses..God they had such unique ways to flirt with each other😍

The way they used to flirt with each other n blush around each other was so beautiful 😍

When Raman peeped into her lingerie n Biwi was like naa mere husband bewakoof nahi hai..♥️

zohakhan7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dihiva

yhm was so bold for itv standards in so many wayssmiley37

For this even Karan deserves to be appreciated since a lot of oneliners were added by him n he didn't made the scene look vulgar or cheap but made scene top notch..Not everyone can do this since bold dialogues like these can make audience uncomfortable but here KP made it look natural..

zohakhan7 thumbnail

Imagine Raman Ishita's consummation n morning after scene was aired at 7.30 pm slot n consummation scene was leaked also before it got telecast still it got 3.5+ trps..smiley9

Resham thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Ohh dear...so many memories flashed out in my eyes...Ishra consummation was the best of the lot on ITV considering a 7.30 slot ....it was a serene subtle romancesmiley27....loved the morning after scene..it was so beautiful ....their blushes..their smiles said it all about their happinesssmiley27 ...

YHM was at its best at 11 pm slot....all their episodes on their earlier set had a domesticity and what worked for the show was pure Punjabi and Madrasi background...all the supporting cast was so apt that we enjoyed all of themsmiley42....

I enjoyed Toshi and Mrs Iyers banters...they were downright hilarious...who can forget the cricket match btw then....so much of family feel it had...also the trip post Adis punishment by judge ...poor raman ...he wanted to take Ishita all alone par usne baarat hi bula dismiley37 ...

Their convo in the car was superb about GPSsmiley37....and then the hotel scene.....ohh it was so so domesticsmiley42

zohakhan7 thumbnail

This thread is more active than edt smiley37

Me_Harini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 days ago

I am a silent reader of this forum....but however thot to share my thots on YHM and Ghum...

YHM is one of fav show and I never watched Ghum before the recent leap tbh...on twitter I have seen few clips here and there but this season after Rajat's entry ...on Twitter it was mentioned as copy of YHM...So I was just interested in watching how the makers will bring YHM flavor in Ghum...

There is no curiosity tbh in Ghum bcoz we all know what will be next track and how it will end...

OG is OG , no one can beat it...I have my own set of complaints with YHM....

YHM Started brilliantly...It was too good when it was at 11:00 PM Slot and when it was shifted to 7:30 it went downhill...still YHM was good...even after 1st leap I used to like YHM...But gave up during Memory loss track of Raman...

Though I have my own set of issues with tracks of YHM the show was different from saas-bahu drama...

Now comparing Ghum with YHM...I Feel these makers are just making the show in a very serious tone...

Raman and Ishita were hating or were annoyed with each other until Raman asked Ishita to apologize to Shagun and Adi...later we can see a drastic change in their relationship...

Till this track I dont remember Raman and Ishita having any nok jhok between them apart from the one track where Ishita comments about his height...but right after Ishita apologizing to Shagun and Adi track there was a shift in their relationship.

Ishita going with Raman for bidding, Those comical scenes where raman was unable to speak and everyone were making fun of his handwriting, The curfew scene where Raman was scared for Ishita, telling to Cops that his biwi is in danger and then Pooja's delivery track, Raman thanking Ishita in Tamil all served as a base to their growing relationship.

I understand Savi is not a doctor but they could have done something different...but they skipped all important tracks and Jumped into Jigar's fiasco

Then the param fiasco started...and in between Raman bought dresses to Ishita...The entire scene where she wanted to fit in S size by altering the dress...and him wondering how she got fit in S size ....then he came to know abt altering the dress overnight and the way he asked "ab nahi karna tumhe aise aise", the button stitching scene, that little tension between them when they got close all were skipped in Ghum...In just 5 mins they wrapped up Savi's modern dress scenes...

I dont exactly remember any Ruhi Shravu scenes before param fiasco but I do remember their pillow fight after raman brings out param's truth...

Raman and bala too had a convo during Appa- Amma's anniversary...

Even Ruhi-Ishita had many scenes that they chopped off in Ghum...Like ruhi decorating the cake during appa amma anniversary, she bringing Ishita's Bangles Jhumka from Amma's home, Ishita teaching the planet names to ruhi...all these were skipped in Ghum..

Problem I find with Ghum is they have not developed any relationship properly till now...Amma and Toshiji's relationship too was developed...like the kitty party scene before pooja's delivery...I have never seen a proper Scene between Savi and Rajat' dad...

Ishita's first rasoi, Bhallaji giving her the nek, Him going to Iyer's to get breakfast for Ishita and that entire Boycott Raman Track where Raman was literally at Iyers...Bhallaji backing Ishita...Amma and Appa backing Raman...The execution was on point...

In parallel to Ishita-Raman, the MiMi Track, Bala-Vandu track also got some attention...

I believe Before Pram track started all the relationships were developed...but in Ghum they didn't invest in developing any relationship and directly they are jumping to just Show drama and that is why I am unable to connect with characters...

The best part of YHM was Ishra's Nok Jhok, Raman's oneliners, Punjabi-Madrasi banters, Ruhi-Shravu scenes and also the apt BGM's.

The BGM's were lit in YHM...there were some comical BGM's intense BGM's and ofcourse the Best YHM title track...here in ghum they try to emphasize a supposed comical scene between Rajat and Savi as a serious one with Serious BGM's

Even Karan, Divyanka and Anita were believable as parents of kids but In Ghum I am unable to come to terms that they are parents...because they dont look like parents though

Ghum has good budget, I do feel Bhavika and Hitesh are doing a wonderful job...they are doing what they are asked to...but the let down is screeplay , story...BGM's

No relations are developed till now...no proper track is shown between leads...they are still at their tu-tu mai-mai phase...and hence I am really unable to connect to ghum ..No hate to Ghum though ...Though I know the story I would like to rewatch one of my fav Shows getting remade but the problem is makers are not developing the story properly ...they are just concentrating on adding drama and not developing the relationships which is a disconnect....

Sorry for such a long post...apologies if there are any mistakes

Edited by Me_Harini - 2 days ago
Golimumab thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

^I totally agree with you. Before starting Param's track, YHM cvs already developed Ishita and Raman's relationship pretty well. That's why they both trusted each other. Raman knew that Ishita was innocent while Ishita too subconsciously believed that Raman would help her. Here all the important tracks which led to that bond between IshRa are skipped, that is why it feels like Savi and Rajat's relationship has not progressed at all and the audience are unable to connect with the show.

And as far as the ages of the leads are concerned, it's not like Bhavika and Hitesh are too young or something..Divyanka was just 2-3 years older than Bhavika when she started YHM, while Hitesh(31) is infact 1 year older than Karan..Karan was 30 when he started YHM. The reason IshRa looked like parents to Ruhi was because they shared that kind of chemistry with Ruhanika. No hate to Hitesh/Bhavika..they seem like genuinely good people in real life and I wish them the best in their careers but they are not as good as DT and KP.

Edited by Golimumab - 2 days ago
Golimumab thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Ghum trps still stuck at 2.0 inspite of all the drama..

Me_Harini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

and Moreover Ishita was never humiliated publicly like how they are showing in Ghum...not only Ishita raman but all other relationships were developed to an extent in YHM by the time param's track started...hence there is a disconnect in Ghum bcoz the makers are just jumping into drama tracks anywhich ways bcoz of Ghum I started re-watching YHM...Raman and Ishita chemistry was lit...I think Ghum makers chopped off scene between Ruhi and Raman too...After Appa amma wedding Anniversary ruhi mentions "Papa aapki daadi chubti hai" and next day Raman goes for clean shave and after that there is a cute scene between ruhi and raman...After that when Ishita's thappad marks were visible on his cheeks...Ishra's eye convo where Ishita requests Ramana not to tell amma abt slapping and he says junglee billi ne panja maara...all were chopped off...so basically ghum makers didn't develop the relationships properly...however rewatching YHM feels good though

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Golimumab

Ghum trps still stuck at 2.0 inspite of all the drama..

They must thank their lucky stars for the TRP they get, copying a super hit hindi was a mistake ...They are copying 🤔 exactly the same without making connections ..

See how long it will go on smiley36