Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: SK2014

Does this happen all the time? Even in previous seasons I didn't see much activity of contestants or even winners except for concerts.

Idol 10 many recorded songs that went unreleased. Later some had releases. Most successful was Salman with Salman Khan's song. But at least 4 have BW discography by now.

Idol 11 winner had two releases while the show was on. Released some further songs after winning.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Realityshow

I give almost zero tangible value to statements made in shows. Plus Voice is no where close to Idol as far as impact and importance go.

It is sad that idol happened when industry is almost crawling. Otherwise there would have been some activity already during idol season. One or two songs may have been recorded, but till the final edit hits the screen we have no certainty about success.

He is not naive. He is pragmatic. He knows that there is a huge uphill climb between recording and becoming popular as a BW singer. In the mean time he had figured out a way to stay relevant and that is very smart.

Naive in the sense of political acumen to navigate, I meant. I have seen pics of him pre-Idol in a party with Salman Khan, he has been invited for a 2 minute song on TKSS, etc. He just didn't have that little extra ability to push to convert these things into business for himself.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Reposting below the same thing I posted on the Arunita thread:

These two continue to be treated at par, which shows, I guess, that Sony realizes that AK could have easily won with a few things going her way (which they are probably responsible for it not going so, in the first place.)

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Naive in the sense of political acumen to navigate, I meant. I have seen pics of him pre-Idol in a party with Salman Khan, he has been invited for a 2 minute song on TKSS, etc. He just didn't have that little extra ability to push to convert these things into business for himself.

I know him for a long time. I have read about his struggles ages before he came to Idol. I know how hard he tried, living out of suitcases, to get a break. Shaan tried his best, but by then Shaan was a fading star looking for work himself. It is not easy. Even a few successes will not make it easy for anyone of the Idols. All of us hope that they will become overnight stars - that will not happen. there will be a long grind and only the very very lucky and very very good will touch celebrity heights. And who that idol is going to be we cannot predict because we are not the market. The Top of The Charts and the RJ's are the market. Your car radio is the market. The investors are the market. Best to wish all of them well and enjoy their songs. Business will happen - he is too far ahead in the game now to worry about surviving.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Realityshow

I know him for a long time. I have read about his struggles ages before he came to Idol. I know how hard he tried, living out of suitcases, to get a break. Shaan tried his best, but by then Shaan was a fading star looking for work himself. It is not easy. Even a few successes will not make it easy for anyone of the Idols. All of us hope that they will become overnight stars - that will not happen. there will be a long grind and only the very very lucky and very very good will touch celebrity heights. And who that idol is going to be we cannot predict because we are not the market. The Top of The Charts and the RJ's are the market. Your car radio is the market. The investors are the market. Best to wish all of them well and enjoy their songs. Business will happen - he is too far ahead in the game now to worry about surviving.

Re. Bold : Didn't know any of this as this season is really the first one I have followed so closely. Thanks.

Re. the rest: Agree with you. As we keep saying here - we all just hope and pray that all of this attention actually results in business and leads them forward to meaningful careers.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

He learned from those mistakes ..That's the reason he took part in Idol and made every effort to showcase all the sides to him as a musician, singer n performer on the stage.

As long as audience is interested in him he will find work. And I still believe these idols should think beyond bollywood. Not rely on it totally

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

He learned from those mistakes ..That's the reason he took part in Idol and made every effort to showcase all the sides to him as a musician, singer n performer on the stage.

As long as audience is interested in him he will find work. And I still believe these idols should think beyond bollywood. Not rely on it totally

I agree with what you say, but so far Bollywood has been the mainstay of music in our country. Maybe in the 1980s / 1990s actually the scene was better for independent artists than it is now. Hopefully these OTT networks offer good avenues for singers and musicians as well, as their reach increases.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

I agree with what you say, but so far Bollywood has been the mainstay of music in our country. Maybe in the 1980s / 1990s actually the scene was better for independent artists than it is now. Hopefully these OTT networks offer good avenues for singers and musicians as well, as their reach increases.

Things r not going to be the same as they have been so far..

And those were such good times..Alisha for me will always be the Made in India girl and Milind Soman the model in that..Preeti Jhangiani the chuimui girl..

Sunita the pari..Shaan's best for me will be tanha dil.

Then there's the evergreen purani jeans. Sonu's Deewana album.

Even Altaf Raja..

Aisa kuch hona chahiye..so that BW doesn't get that chance to recycle same people n products again n again..remix nahi chahiye

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

Things r not going to be the same as they have been so far..

And those were such good times..Alisha for me will always be the Made in India girl and Milind Soman the model in that..Preeti Jhangiani the chuimui girl..

Sunita the pari..Shaan's best for me will be tanha dil.

Then there's the evergreen purani jeans. Sonu's Deewana album.

Even Altaf Raja..

Aisa kuch hona chahiye..so that BW doesn't get that chance to recycle same people n products again n again..remix nahi chahiye

Love these selections 👍🏼

And even more in the past (one upmanship here :) ) Gary Lawyer - the original rockstar.