Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

I hope so. But where are the signs? FM Radio still has 1 hour programmes per week (if at all) dedicated to independent music while the remain 167 hours per week are dedicated to film music.

Well ya..TV, Radio r still most popular media for promotions..and they don't air independent songs like in those days..

But still popularity of independent artists shows that at least younger gen connects to newer media..though it isn't enough..

Pawan got the kind of mass recognition he has only coz of TV..he deserves success and let's keep hopes alive..

What's up with Aru though? She's so less active on insta

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Well ya..TV, Radio r still most popular media for promotions..and they don't air independent songs like in those days..

But still popularity of independent artists shows that at least younger gen connects to newer media..though it isn't enough..

Pawan got the kind of mass recognition he has only coz of TV..he deserves success and let's keep hopes alive..

What's up with Aru though? She's so less active on insta

Exactly the thing that most of us have been saying for more than a year and a half now - a lot more social engagement is required from these folks. They can't rely on fan pages to maintain their visibility. I have been quite disappointed with both her and Darshini - herself because she should learn to manage her own visibility, Darshini because she coming from a marketing and media background should be pushing her to do more.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Exactly the thing that most of us have been saying for more than a year and a half now - a lot more social engagement is required from these folks. They can't rely on fan pages to maintain their visibility. I have been quite disappointed with both her and Darshini - herself because she should learn to manage her own visibility, Darshini because she coming from a marketing and media background should be pushing her to do more.

Typical Capri traits๐Ÿ˜Š

I have to push my husband to call his own friends n family ๐Ÿ˜‚ kabhi bewajah bhi baat karne me kya harz hai..and no social media engagement at all except with selected few

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

PD definitely wants to sing. He has done several one off songs for small YT channnels between Voice and II12. Plus several concerts in India and UAE. But just the other day I was wondering - is his talent becoming an obstacle for him? He may have been telling people give me a chance to sing, or give me a chance to compose, etc. And that may have diluted his positioning, perhaps?

Back in the 1980s and 90s we had record companies that would promote individual artists but nowadays it is all about Bollywood. In that era he may have been very successful with his multiple talents. But in this era, I wonder.

Ur post took me back to memory lane..such wonderful songs.

Pari hoon main, Maine payal hai chankai, choodi jo khanki r played in events till date..Made in India, Chuimui si tum, Shaan's Tanha dil, Lucky ali's O Sanam, so many gazals of Pankaj Udhaas, Aafreen, the youth anthem Puraani jeans..all beautiful beyond bollywood. Imagine we would've got to hear so much more of Lucky Ali ๐Ÿคฉ

Seemed like Octopus has envisioned something along those lines..and first two songs were good too..what went wrong will always be a mystery

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 1 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Ur post took me back to memory lane..such wonderful songs.

Pari hoon main, Maine payal hai chankai, choosing jo khanki r played in events till date..Made in India, Chuimui si tum, Shaan's Tanha dil, Lucky ali's O Sanam, so many gazals of Pankaj Udhaas, Aafreen, the youth anthem Puraani jeans..all beautiful beyond bollywood. Imagine we would've got to hear so much more of Lucky Ali ๐Ÿคฉ

Seemed like Octopus has envisioned something along those lines..and first two songs were good too..what went wrong will always be a mystery

Sharon Prabhakar, Gary Lawyer to add to the above list...

We are betraying our age, aren't we ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by PV_IFhandle - 1 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

SMP had a concert in Surat over the weekend.

Nihal and Sayli have left for Sri Lanka today for a concert.

Both these events are with Thedoorbell.in, which is run by Pooja M Suresh who used to be with Suraj Rosario earlier.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Posted by Ishita (India's Got Talent) but Ashish is also present. I wonder if some collaboration is taking place.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnCT7zpDOxr/

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

HR's next song with Chetanya

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnCQKaKp-CT/

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

SMP had a concert in Surat over the weekend.

Nihal and Sayli have left for Sri Lanka today for a concert.

Both these events are with Thedoorbell.in, which is run by Pooja M Suresh who used to be with Suraj Rosario earlier.

Ashish also in surat with SMP

Kyahikahoon thumbnail

Great..was wondering the other day why we haven't seen Chaitanya after the show ended..kudos to Himesh for giving a chance to everyone..

Quantity ke saath quality bhi ho to baat ban jaaye