Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: SK2014

Interesting thoughts. Just out of curiosity why do you think this is important? Any views on how 6 of them are placed currently in their career choices? I don't have any knowledge on this industry to judge the pros and cons of their opportunities so want to hear your thoughts.

Often a window into their lives and prospects as they see them. While we think that all have equal opportunities, we do that without reference to market knowledge or insider information. The contestants are aware of market dynamics and know where they stand at this time in their career. Some accept reality and make the most of what they are equipped to do. Others test the market with a mix of ambition and self-confidence. I feel that all the 5 other than Danish have a plan, be it regional or Bollywood, or international or shows/gigs. Danish I don't know much about. He is in a tough market without any regional fallback. But he is smart. I would not be very surprised if he does something completely different from the others.

Both SMP and ARU will focus on making big breakthroughs as independent artists. If they fail they will fall back of regional markets and independent music.

PD's career path is hard to predict as he has different options.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Realityshow

Often a window into their lives and prospects as they see them. While we think that all have equal opportunities, we do that without reference to market knowledge or insider information. The contestants are aware of market dynamics and know where they stand at this time in their career. Some accept reality and make the most of what they are equipped to do. Others test the market with a mix of ambition and self-confidence. I feel that all the 5 other than Danish have a plan, be it regional or Bollywood, or international or shows/gigs. Danish I don't know much about. He is in a tough market without any regional fallback. But he is smart. I would not be very surprised if he does something completely different from the others.

Both SMP and ARU will focus on making big breakthroughs as independent artists. If they fail they will fall back of regional markets and independent music.

Thanks again for your insights.

For PD - by different options do you mean music composer?

Realityshow thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Thanks again for your insights.

For PD - by different options do you mean music composer?

Amongst other things he is perfect politician material and that in India is the best career to have! 🤣

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Amongst other things he is perfect politician material and that in India is the best career to have! 🤣

I will disagree there - but let's leave it at that 😆

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you for the insights.

Now I can relate some stuff.

Realityshow thumbnail

I will disagree there - but let's leave it at that 😆

Maybe I have been influenced by my home market. Many of our best singers and actors are now happy MP's and MLA's. He already has a road named after him. Plus some other things that you are aware of. So, who knows in 10 years time......😆

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Maybe I have been influenced by my home market. Many of our best singers and actors are now happy MP's and MLA's. He already has a road named after him. Plus some other things that you are aware of. So, who knows in 10 years time......😆

Yeah 10 years is a long time - never say never, I guess.😆

But I guess he is too naive - else he would have made a mark already with his previous win. If you go through the videos of that show, the who's who attended and told him they loved him and they see a bright future for him and so on.

SK2014 thumbnail

But I guess he is too naive - else he would have made a mark already with his previous win. If you go through the videos of that show, the who's who attended and told him they loved him and they see a bright future for him and so on.

Just out of curiosity any reason why he couldn't make mark after winning Voice? He seems to have good PR also irrespective of II.

Realityshow thumbnail

I give almost zero tangible value to statements made in shows. Plus Voice is no where close to Idol as far as impact and importance go.

It is sad that idol happened when industry is almost crawling. Otherwise there would have been some activity already during idol season. One or two songs may have been recorded, but till the final edit hits the screen we have no certainty about success.

He is not naive. He is pragmatic. He knows that there is a huge uphill climb between recording and becoming popular as a BW singer. In the mean time he had figured out a way to stay relevant and that is very smart.

SK2014 thumbnail

It is sad that idol happened when industry is almost crawling. Otherwise there would have been some activity already during idol season. One or two songs may have been recorded, but till the final edit hits the screen we have no certainty about success.

Does this happen all the time? Even in previous seasons I didn't see much activity of contestants or even winners except for concerts.