Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Let me clarify. The two points on which I wanted to disagree (quoting from the post here):

1. "I still feel Sunidhi is the most accomplished singer of her generation"

2. "As for Arunita, I feel she is not even the most versatile or talented amongst even Indian Idol 12 contestants. "

There is no disagreement on the fact that all are trying to find their feet in the industry and only time will tell who comes out successful.

Understood. I misread your previous post.

Anyway I won't talk about Arunitha as I can guess your thoughts but would like to understand your view on Sunidhi. Any specific reason why you think Shreya ranks more than Sunidhi?

This question is more out of curiosity not for debate and I really admire both Shreya and Sunidhi as singers. So there is no question of debate for me.

Edited by SK2014 - 3 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

I don't want to get into comparisons. But just sharing experience and knowledge.
I can claim to have heard Shreya Ghoshal live thrice from when she was about 19 to about 25. Once at my club function and one time privately in a small gathering. I have heard her again when she was a more mature singer.

The Shreya at 19 was fantastic, but the Shreya at 31-32 is sublime and spectacular. You cannot compare the experiences. When I first heard her she was just becoming well known and was giving solo performances in Kolkata. But the thing I most remember about that evening was how plain, shy and childlike she seemed. The Shreya at 33 is like a diva on stage.

All I want to say that this is not the time to judge talent - it can only happen after 5-10 years of roughing it out. And everyone is not god gifted. If any one of them is special it will start showing up soon enough. To convert that into stardom is another story altogether.

Edited by Realityshow - 3 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SK2014

Understood. I misread your previous post.

Anyway I won't talk about Arunitha as I can guess your thoughts but would like to understand your view on Sunidhi. Any specific reason why you think Shreya ranks more than Sunidhi?

This question is more out of curiosity not for debate and I really admire both Shreya and Sunidhi as singers. So there is no question of debate for me.

I don't mean to say Sunidhi Chauhan is a bad singer. I have heard her from her "Meri awaaz Suno" days on Doordarshan when she first won the contest (giving away my age there!!). She has definitely been one of the gifted singers.

I feel that the summary (in my opinion, of course) is that Shreya Ghoshal can do all that Sunidhi Chauhan can do and some (lots actually) more, but the inverse is not true. The voice quality, the sweetness of the voice to the ears, the intonation and emotions, the voice modulations, the "sur"... the x factor.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Realityshow

I don't want to get into comparisons. But just sharing experience and knowledge.
I can claim to have heard Shreya Ghoshal live thrice from when she was about 19 to about 25. Once at my club function and one time privately in a small gathering. I have heard her again when she was a more mature singer.

The Shreya at 19 was fantastic, but the Shreya at 33-34 is sublime and spectacular. You cannot compare the experiences. When I first heard her she was just becoming well known and was giving solo performances in Kolkata. But the thing I most remember about that evening was how plain, shy and childlike she seemed. The Shreya at 33 is like a diva on stage.

All I want to say that this is not the time to judge talent - it can only happen after 5-10 years of roughing it out. And everyone is not god gifted. If any one of them is special it will start showing up soon enough. To convert that into stardom is another story altogether.

I haven't heard Sunidhi Chauhan live, but I have heard both Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal in their concerts. Those are unbelievable experiences.

GiridharM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Let me clarify. The two points on which I wanted to disagree (quoting from the post here):

1. "I still feel Sunidhi is the most accomplished singer of her generation"

2. "As for Arunita, I feel she is not even the most versatile or talented amongst even Indian Idol 12 contestants. "

There is no disagreement on the fact that all are trying to find their feet in the industry and only time will tell who comes out successful.

Fair enough. As you have already mentioned, let us agree to disagree ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by GiridharM - 3 years ago
SK2014 thumbnail

I don't mean to say Sunidhi Chauhan is a bad singer. I have heard her from her "Meri awaaz Suno" days on Doordarshan when she first won the contest (giving away my age there!!). She has definitely been one of the gifted singers.

I feel that the summary (in my opinion, of course) is that Shreya Ghoshal can do all that Sunidhi Chauhan can do and some (lots actually) more, but the inverse is not true. The voice quality, the sweetness of the voice to the ears, the intonation and emotions, the voice modulations, the "sur"... the x factor.

Ok. Understood your point of view.

For me both are gifted in their own way in terms of singing and they admire each other so much. See this small video on Shreya talks about Sunidhi. I love this genuineness of Shreya.

https://youtu.be/o9yvNE9kbZA

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

Ok. Understood your point of view.

For me both are gifted in their own way in terms of singing and they admire each other so much. See this small video on Shreya talks about Sunidhi. I love this genuineness of Shreya.

https://youtu.be/o9yvNE9kbZA

While I have not heard this particular interview before, I have heard her speak about Sunidhi Chauhan on multiple other interviews on similar lines. They are extremely good friends too.

I guess when you are the level at which they are, there are only a few of them around - so they are all good friends and they all appreciate and respect each other. You will find the same spirit in sports.

SK2014 thumbnail

Looks like all 5 are enjoying in Hyderabad .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTKK_r3BG-P/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Are they going to work with Airliv in future?

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

100% in agreement with all you have said.

There are some wonder BTS videos on YT about Shreya Ghoshal learning and preparing for Malayalam songs. Worth watching.

Yes. I have watched that. ๐Ÿ‘

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Good God, I was about to post pretty much the same points esp the Bold .

And even I have heard sunidhi from thooose daysโ€ฆ. Giving away my age too ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜