Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: SK2014

Shreya is find of this generation not just because of talent. She carried herself with dignity, maintaining discipline and hardwork. She earned respect from different industries through her professionalism. I listened to her once in live after that iam yet to find someone who come even close to her.

Whether its Sonu or Shreya the good thing is they are super talented and have confidence to raise the voice. They are still the best out of lot even now.

Yes. Hearing Shreya Ghoshal or Sonu Nigam live is unmatched. I feel in all these years the only artist who I believe has the potential to be in the same league is Arunita. She is miles and miles ahead of any TV contestant and many of the current singers. She just needs the right opportunities.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Interview of all 5 on Sakshi TV.

Pawandeep : 60% air time

SMP : 38% air time

Danish : 2% air time

Arunita and Sayli : thank you for showing up, please take a seat as we really don't know what to ask you

All songs edited out - perhaps due to copyright issues.

Not much new information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3b9BZbA2Mc

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Interview of all 5 on Sakshi TV.

Pawandeep : 60% air time

SMP : 38% air time

Danish : 2% air time

Arunita and Sayli : thank you for showing up, please take a seat as we really don't know what to ask you

All songs edited out - perhaps due to copyright issues.

Not much new information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q3b9BZbA2Mc

In telugu states people only know PD, SMP and Nihal. I don't think others have a craze over there at all. So iam not surprised.

GiridharM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes. Hearing Shreya Ghoshal or Sonu Nigam live is unmatched. I feel in all these years the only artist who I believe has the potential to be in the same league is Arunita. She is miles and miles ahead of any TV contestant and many of the current singers. She just needs the right opportunities.

Just an opinion - but would disagree with you. I still feel Sunidhi is the most accomplished singer of her generation. Just that due to the troubles she faced early in her life, she is not spoken of here. The amount of genres that her songs have encompassed is unmatchable.

As for Arunita, I feel she is not even the most versatile or talented amongst even Indian Idol 12 contestants.

But any way that debate might be for some other day, now that all the contestants are trying hard to get a foothold in the music industry

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree totally. I have heard sonu nigam live twice - he doesnโ€™t lip synch & the kind of energy on stage is unmatchable. ๐Ÿ‘

Shreya & Sonu are one of a kind.
Both took a stand on the royalties issue.
Another thing about Shreya - whichever language she sings, she takes the effort to get the pronunciation right. Esp impressive is her Mallu songs, since the language is difficult. Even on live shows in south, she gets it right! ๐Ÿ‘.
I remember Yesudas, for all his talent couldnt ace bollywood like SPB coz of his mallu accent of Hindi.

Arunita is young, she would go a long way, if she follows shreya in all these. And as you said she miles ahead of many of the current singers.
But Bollywood now is not like how it was during the times shreya peaked. I for one canโ€™t recall any great songs from 2020.

Anyways, hope Aru gets the right break. Hers is the voice that needs to be heard ๐Ÿ‘

Moonandstars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GiridharM

Just an opinion - but would disagree with you. I still feel Sunidhi is the most accomplished singer of her generation. Just that due to the troubles she faced early in her life, she is not spoken of here. The amount of genres that her songs have encompassed is unmatchable.

As for Arunita, I feel she is not even the most versatile or talented amongst even Indian Idol 12 contestants.

But any way that debate might be for some other day, now that all the contestants are trying hard to get a foothold in the music industry

Well....................... everybody has their opinion and their choices. There are some who don't like 'Lata Mangeshkar'.
Edited by Moonandstars - 3 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Agree totally. I have heard sonu nigam live twice - he doesnโ€™t lip synch & the kind of energy on stage is unmatchable. ๐Ÿ‘

Shreya & Sonu are one of a kind.
Both took a stand on the royalties issue.
Another thing about Shreya - whichever language she sings, she takes the effort to get the pronunciation right. Esp impressive is her Mallu songs, since the language is difficult. Even on live shows in south, she gets it right! ๐Ÿ‘.
I remember Yesudas, for all his talent couldnt ace bollywood like SPB coz of his mallu accent of Hindi.

Arunita is young, she would go a long way, if she follows shreya in all these. And as you said she miles ahead of many of the current singers.
But Bollywood now is not like how it was during the times shreya peaked. I for one canโ€™t recall any great songs from 2020.

Anyways, hope Aru gets the right break. Hers is the voice that needs to be heard ๐Ÿ‘

100% in agreement with all you have said.

There are some wonder BTS videos on YT about Shreya Ghoshal learning and preparing for Malayalam songs. Worth watching.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: GiridharM

I guess we have to agree to disagree on both the points. But that is fine. The world would be a boring place if we all always agreed on everything.

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I guess we have to agree to disagree on both the points. But that is fine. The world would be a boring place if we all always agreed on everything.

It's natural to have different opinions. Whether we agree or disagree on somethings the fact is all contestants are trying to find their feet in industry. Only future can tell who comes out being successful. Their success will be the answer for all our questions on who is best. Because currently there is too much competition out there if they can sustain and make their mark in the career with some real hit songs that proves their talent. Till then for me all are just upcoming singers with different talents.

Edited by SK2014 - 3 years ago
PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

Whether we agree or disagree the fact is all contestants are trying to find their feet in industry. Only future can tell who comes out being successful. Their success will be the answer for all our questions on who is best. Because currently there is too much competition out there if they can sustain and make their mark in the career with some real hit songs that proves their talent. Till then for me all are just upcoming singers with different talents.

Let me clarify. The two points on which I wanted to disagree (quoting from the post here):

1. "I still feel Sunidhi is the most accomplished singer of her generation"

2. "As for Arunita, I feel she is not even the most versatile or talented amongst even Indian Idol 12 contestants. "

There is no disagreement on the fact that all are trying to find their feet in the industry and only time will tell who comes out successful.