Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

That divide was very visible yesterday. Having lived in different parts of India has helped me gain an appreciation of many different cultures. Yesterday I could see that all of them (other than SMP, naturally) really didn't have a good sense of what "South India" is all about. The vast difference in language, that they are 4 different and totally independent film industries, 4 different languages, and so on. Not even knowing the term "Tollywood" :-)

Not blaming them, of course. Just an observation.

P.S. Of course, I am just referring to the 4 primary ones - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada.

Yes. In general we can find lot of similarities in kannada and telugu. Eventhough iam from karnataka I can fluently read and write telugu also as script is same. Generally if you don't know local language better opt for English in south than hindi.

Industry wise south is very self sufficient and growing industry actually better than Bollywood for me(may be iam biased so I see that way). That's why for SMP and Nihal they should build networks in south even though they are trying to reach hindi audience. Others I don't know how much they will be interested in south industries.

Edited by SK2014 - 3 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SK2014

Is Sayali really that poor? This article quotes almost in poverty conditions. But her insta posts doesn't give that vibe. She was having parties with friends and all post II12.

That article can't be relied upon.
It is hard to say to what extent Sony makes up stories about poverty. I think there is a great deal of overkill which was evident later with Salman, Sunny and even Sawai. Sayli's dad seems to be the only bread earner other than Sayli herself (and she seems to have been active professionally before Il12). I think we do not know the full story re. the backgrounds of the contestants. So the speculation is observation based rather than fact based.

Moonandstars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Realityshow

This article is in Telegu. Google translate tells me that Sayli has two younger sisters. Is that translation and fact correct? I always thought that she was the only child? Not that it matters in the least but just getting my facts correct.

Those who read Telegu may be able to help .

This must be a misunderstanding- due to language difference - - Sayali, most probably must've called Arunita and Shanmukha, as her two younger sisters. And so by the time it reached the press - it must have become- that Sayali has two sisters.
Moonandstars thumbnail

That article can't be relied upon.
It is hard to say to what extent Sony makes up stories about poverty. I think there is a great deal of overkill which was evident later with Salman, Sunny and even Sawai. Sayli's dad seems to be the only bread earner other than Sayli herself (and she seems to have been active professionally before Il12). I think we do not know the full story re. the backgrounds of the contestants. So the speculation is observation based rather than fact based.

Yes, when I lived in South - I could see that people almost worship their filmstars - so obviously, the film industry does great in South. In fact UP, the only state, which speaks only hindi, and the state with almost one fifth of population of India, does not seem to care much for hindi movies - (with so much other form of entertainment available) - so that must be the reason hindi film industry is not doing so well.
Edited by Moonandstars - 3 years ago
Moonandstars thumbnail

Sorry it was wrong quote - was responding to SK2014 post.

'Industry wise south is very self sufficient and growing industry actually better than Bollywood for me(may be iam biased so I see that way). That's why for SMP and Nihal they should build networks in south even though they are trying to reach hindi audience. Others I don't know how much they will be interested in south industries.'

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SK2014

Others I don't know how much they will be interested in south industries.

Here is Wiki's list of Telegu songs released by Shreya Ghoshal as a part answer to your question smiley4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Telugu_songs_recorded_by_Shreya_Ghoshal

And since you are from Karnataka, here is the Kannada list! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kannada_songs_recorded_by_Shreya_Ghoshal

But then you need to be a Shreya Ghoshal!

Basically, talent chases opportunity. So, they will be interested if the opportunity providers find them interesting!

GiridharM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Here is Wiki's list of Telegu songs released by Shreya Ghoshal as a part answer to your question smiley4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Telugu_songs_recorded_by_Shreya_Ghoshal

And since you are from Karnataka, here is the Kannada list! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kannada_songs_recorded_by_Shreya_Ghoshal

But then you need to be a Shreya Ghoshal!

Basically, talent chases opportunity. So, they will be interested if the opportunity providers find them interesting!

More importantly, professionalism and discipline is needed, and Shreya is an apt example of that. No wonder she has reached top in music industry across languages

PV_IFhandle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She has done such amazing work in all 4 south Indian film industries, that one pities the Bollywood industry that is missing out on this talent. All because she raised her voice for copyright. Some of the songs just transport you to heaven, even though I don't understand all the languages. The sur, the voice modulation, the emotions in the songs... Just too much.

Same case with Sonu Nigam.

SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Moonandstars

Yes, when I lived in South - I could see that people almost worship their filmstars - so obviously, the film industry does great in South. In fact UP, the only state, which speaks only hindi, and the state with almost one fifth of population of India, does not seem to care much for hindi movies - (with so much other form of entertainment available) - so that must be the reason hindi film industry is not doing so well.

I don't know much about north regional industries but Bollywood lately lost its game in my opinion. South people do have extreme likes and dislikes which is why some stars get worshipped but actually stars also work very hard not to disappoint fans. There were incidents super stars publicly apologising fans after a flop for disappointing them. Bollywood stars need to take audience interests seriously.

SK2014 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

She has done such amazing work in all 4 south Indian film industries, that one pities the Bollywood industry that is missing out on this talent. All because she raised her voice for copyright. Some of the songs just transport you to heaven, even though I don't understand all the languages. The sur, the voice modulation, the emotions in the songs... Just too much.

Same case with Sonu Nigam.

Shreya is find of this generation not just because of talent. She carried herself with dignity, maintaining discipline and hardwork. She earned respect from different industries through her professionalism. I listened to her once in live after that iam yet to find someone who come even close to her.

Whether its Sonu or Shreya the good thing is they are super talented and have confidence to raise the voice. They are still the best out of lot even now.