Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Realityshow thumbnail

This article is in Telegu. Google translate tells me that Sayli has two younger sisters. Is that translation and fact correct? I always thought that she was the only child? Not that it matters in the least but just getting my facts correct.

Those who read Telegu may be able to help here.
Thanks.
https://www.eenadu.net/vasundhara/article/general/6204/121177134

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Realityshow

This article is in Telegu. Google translate tells me that Sayli has two younger sisters. Is that translation and fact correct? I always thought that she was the only child? Not that it matters in the least but just getting my facts correct.

Thanks.

Only child is what she has always said. Even in yesterday's joint interview with AK she said she doesn't have siblings and hence she considers herself lucky to have found a brother in Nihal and a "chhoti behen" in Arunita (who always calls her Saylidi or Didi, even in that same interview).

Realityshow thumbnail

Originally posted by: PV_IFhandle

Only child is what she has always said. Even in yesterday's joint interview with AK she said she doesn't have siblings and hence she considers herself lucky to have found a brother in Nihal and a "chhoti behen" in Arunita (who always calls her Saylidi or Didi, even in that same interview).

So, that must be poor journalism or poor translation.

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks.

Surprisingly it's not translation problem. That's what is written in the article that Sayali has two sisters in telugu.

Realityshow thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

Surprisingly it's not translation problem. That's what is written in the article that Sayali has two sisters in telugu.

Thanks. Some mess up by the interviewer I suspect then. Sayli has stated many times that she is the only child.

SK2014 thumbnail

So, that must be poor journalism or poor translation.

Might be poor journalism. Telugu journalists may not understand hindi properly. Generally in south better to give interview in English than hindi. Lot of people atleast won't misunderstand.

PV_IFhandle thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

Might be poor journalism. Telugu journalists may not understand hindi properly. Generally in south better to give interview in English than hindi. Lot of people atleast won't misunderstand.

That divide was very visible yesterday. Having lived in different parts of India has helped me gain an appreciation of many different cultures. Yesterday I could see that all of them (other than SMP, naturally) really didn't have a good sense of what "South India" is all about. The vast difference in language, that they are 4 different and totally independent film industries, 4 different languages, and so on. Not even knowing the term "Tollywood" :-)

Not blaming them, of course. Just an observation.

P.S. Of course, I am just referring to the 4 primary ones - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada.

SK2014 thumbnail

Thanks. Some mess up by the interviewer I suspect then. Sayli has stated many times that she is the only child.

Is Sayali really that poor? This article quotes almost in poverty conditions. But her insta posts doesn't give that vibe. She was having parties with friends and all post II12.