Indian Idol 12 contestants (Neutral Thread) - Page 50

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: niyati13

BTW.. Shekhar Ravjiani and Kunal Ganjawala were also reality show participants. So ya we get music directors out of singing shows 😊

Amey date was also the runner up of Saregama before participating in Indian Idol..way back in 95-96..

Recycling is old

Amey Date was with monali in that season of Idol. He came upto the top 4, while monali was eliminated earlier.

Years later….. he takes part in Rising Star where Monali is the judge!
Look at the quirk of fate! He was more talented than Monali. Monali is another auto tune product, she sings horribly on stage.
His Idol elimination sparked a fury, ( judges walking out etc… dramas were on even then) he was so popular!
But, once in RS he had admitted that he had fallen into bad habits & hence lost out on all those years after Idol.
There were great expectations that he will win RS. His performance on Chunar & Tum hi ho were absolutely mind-blowing. But he didn’t win RS either.

Sad. He never got the deserved recognition.
Do read his interview during his RS days. He talks about II & says ‘

‘Nothing clicked’ after that.

https://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/mar/20amey.htm

Edited by anoushka_113 - 3 years ago
Vadapaav thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Amey Date was with monali in that season of Idol. He came upto the top 4, while monali was eliminated earlier.

Years later….. he takes part in Rising Star where Monali is the judge!
Look at the quirk of fate! He was more talented than Monali. Monali is another auto tune product, she sings horribly on stage.
His Idol elimination sparked a fury, ( judges walking out etc… dramas were on even then) he was so popular!
But, once in RS he had admitted that he had fallen into bad habits & hence lost out on all those years after Idol.
There were great expectations that he will win RS. His performance on Chunar & Tum hi ho were absolutely mind-blowing. But he didn’t win RS either.

Sad. He never got the deserved recognition.

Amey Date was in which season of Rising Star ?

The one which had Maithili Thakur ?

Zanny19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Glad people remember Amey Date. He was my favourite that season. His elimination was a shocker! Amit Paul was another memorable contestant..the title belonged to him but like always deserving ones rarely win these so called reality shows

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zanny19

Glad people remember Amey Date. He was my favourite that season. His elimination was a shocker! Amit Paul was another memorable contestant..the title belonged to him but like always deserving ones rarely win these so called reality shows

https://youtu.be/-hqYli0jFiE

Word Count: 1

anoushka_113 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vadapaav

Amey Date was in which season of Rising Star ?

The one which had Maithili Thakur ?

https://youtu.be/CJ438yFRLzc

Word Count: 1

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There are many such sad stories, I hope you remember Renu from Idol10 she also lost her way fell in love with a married man and the poor fellow committed suicide, she was admitted and was critical for some time. There was Azmat Ali lil champs winner fell in bad company and lost his voice.

Has Amey Date bounced back ?

anoushka_113 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

Neha ji Kakkar ji is there on every you tube video bragging that she is not classically trained. I don't know what struggles she has passed through she has every channel in her pocket. Contrary to what is being said she has appeared in many reality shows has been eliminated early in the show.

Nehaji kakkarji must herself be wondering what her mojo is! 🤔.

I had the misfortune of watching a movie Tuesdays & Fridays. Apart from the fact that it was a dud, it was the music that had me squirming. Composed by Tony kakkar, & most of the songs rendered by Neha kakkar ; it needs to be heard to know how pathetically one can compose & sing & still pass it off as music !!

anoushka_113 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

There are many such sad stories, I hope you remember Renu from Idol10 she also lost her way fell in love with a married man and the poor fellow committed suicide, she was admitted and was critical for some time. There was Azmat Ali lil champs winner fell in bad company and lost his voice.

Has Amey Date bounced back ?

Don’t think Amey is back. Haven’t heard anything phenomenal about him. I think he is teaching in suresh wadkar’s school - he is an alumini of that.

Talking of sad stories, do you remember Poonam of SRGMP? Ismail Dharbar who was her mentor, exploited her. An affair, abortion, attempted suicide …. Really sad. Later everybody denied it including Poonam. But her career never took off. A very talented girl from a poor background. So sad.