Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

Ditto. Hate those standard bra blouses and sleazily draped sari.I rather liked Sonakshi Sinha's sari collection from Lootera. She mentioned that she raided her Mom's closet for some of themsmiley1 Her mother was a small-time 70s actress who's more known for her role as Hrithik's mother in Jodhaa-Akbar.

Originally posted by: pathaka

those sloppily draped fabrics with those skimpy blouses didn’t make anything cool …I single-handedly blame Manish for ruining the heritage of a saree with his blingy synthetic messily draped sarees and bra blouses aesthetic …

Sabyasachi and Gaurang are the only designers who show some respect to the saree ….

Actresses who made the saree cool and aspirational to the general public are women like rekha, sridevi, hema malini, aishwarya, vidya balan …heck even kirron kher with her appearances in handloom collection in indias got talent (so many older women love her sarees )…rekha used to be ridiculed for her ott look but her decade old handloom kanjeevaram collection will go for a whopping price in todays day and age ..

Most South Indian actresses are big on sarees and even own businesses selling the same(keerthy suresh, sai pallavi, nayantara, sneha, Trisha)

If anything, they were the ones who made the saree cool and draped it properly in all its glory and loom ❤️

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Idk which world KJo's living in, but sarees have always been cool in my world😮‍💨 sabka credit lena hai🙄

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Alia did look gorgeous in Rocky and Rani 😍😍

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Chalo shukar hai alia single handedly saved and resurrected the dying saree culture in india smiley39

Special appreciation for the Ukraine 🇺🇦 saree

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Someone should make a compilation of all the sarees Alia presented in the movie.

chooseme thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yet another delusional comment coming from a bollywood celebrity. It just shows how disconnected these people are. These nepos haven't seen anything out of their own circle so they think they are inventing cultures and trends. Wearing a saree might be a cool thing for a rich sobo girl, but if you go to any middle/lower middle class functions you will find women drapped in their best sarees and jewellery. Looking traditional and beautiful in the elegant attire. Infact, it were the richie rich who looked down on women/girls who drapped sarees calling them behnji. And now here they are trying to own the fashion as if they invented it, not to mention they make is look skimpy and cheap. What a joke!!
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I love short shorts make them cool

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

If anything, she made wearing designer bras without anything over them cool for her SoBo breed.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Not so sure about the footwear thoughsmiley24

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

The saree-fashion-show in Rocky aur Rani never can match the genuine sari-waering during festivities (or - to be honest - in all-day-life)...it had been one of the elements that intuitively bothered me in the movie (only reading after the watch).