Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

Translation: My husband has a fragile male ego and couldn’t see me being the female lead, romancing a big hero as the male lead; while he was the sidekick supporting role.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Why couldn't Abhishek drop out instead? It was just a supporting role and it really didn't matter that much. It would have been great to see an older actress in a proper mainstream role where you can look good and dance and do all the normal heroine things.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I agree, Abhishek should have dropped out. I don't think Happy New Year is a great movie but it would have been a good film to have in Aish's filmography and this was more or less the last chance to see SRK and Aish paired together in lead roles. Not in a cameo like in ADHM or the original plan to have Aish cameo in Jawan.

Although the final casting of Deepika was the best choice to be made if they couldn't get Aish. Plus the OSO throwbacks which wouldn't work with Aish.

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

how can deepika replace Aishwarya Rai if the role was meant for an aged woman. Happy new year's mohini's role was for a young girl who can dance in item songs. Generally young girls does this That time, Aishwarya's body was not in the shape for an item song n I was listening many news about some tv actresses being considered for happy new year like Jennifer winget, etc.
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Well, I'm quite confident that she lies...

It's old 'news', btw...and also discussed multiple times here... boring stuff.

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Happy New Year wasn't a good movie to be in but since it had Shahrukh in the lead, audience would have liked the pairing of Aish & SRK. Nobody cared about Abhishek's presence. Farah should have dropped Abhishek instead. Abhishek will always be a loser and after marrying him even a accomplished women like Aish became a loser.

Its time that Aishwarya takes things seriously, drop that snob attitude and works on herself. Its not too late. If Shilpa, Ravina, Sonali, Malaika can look fabulous at same age then Aish can look better if she wants to. I have never seen Aishwarya outside gym pics. She just looks disinterested in life.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Demeaning Abhishek's role is just ridiculous...he played a key role doubling as the 'loser' guy and the villain's son.

If one doesn't like the movie - okay to me...but taking Abhishek out of this role...no way...the kids love everybody of the "Team India" smiley1 (and so do I)

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Was she really offered the role? i mean..may be she was asked to drop 15kgs and she got offended or couldn't do so..i mean the role was glamorous AF and tbh i don't think she would have pulled out kamli in the weight she was in post Aaradhaya..i am not fat shaming her..it is not that she was offered kahani..i mean the role was of a dancer who is extremely hot and sexy..aish is a much better dancer than dp can ever dream of..but she would have required a lot of work to get in shape for it and we all know aish loves her food and she doesn't workout..that must have been or could have been one of the reasons?

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Is there any movie that was not offered to her first ?