Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 months ago

It is his life. He has dated women in the past. Karan Johar has always been clear that he is interested only in men and Twinkle has joked about it too.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I have always suspect him !

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

The articles you've cited aren't 'scientific'. They bring up anomalies and genetic aberrations to justify the claim that sex is a spectrum when it's not. There are only two gametes. The absence of a third one alone proves it's not a 'spectrum'. The vast majority of the people on this planet neatly fall within the sexual binary and the prevalence of 'intersex' people ( which isn't a third sex ) is about 0.05 %. Even if you leave a generous margin it's still a minority of people with developmental anomalies. Not a healthy variation of biological sex. There are no actual human hermaphrodites, nobody with two functional gonads.

The author of the one that goes Sex isn't a binary and we should stop 'acting' like it is overestimates the prevalence of those conditions and uses unscientific and disingenuous language like "some" and sometimes", again as if it's a variation. It's not a scientific paper or a peer reviewed study ,just the ramblings of a PhD scholar who is queer but doesn't get that ironically her narrative is homophobic.

ETA :- Yes Abhay is a good actor and has the cutest smile :)

Thanks for snatching the word out of my mouth. Sex in biology is defined by gametes and the developmental pathway your body takes towards the production of that gamete. There are only two viable gametes in mammals -- small motile gametes (sperm) and large stationary gametes (egg), only two reproductive organs (penis and vagina), only two developmental pathway (Mullerian, that females go through and Wolffian, that males go through) and only two reproductive strategies (males have the potential to impregnate females, females have the potential to be impregnated), and therefore only 2 sexes. There is not a 3rd gamete, and therefore no 3rd sex -- let alone a spectrum of sexes.

Intersex people have a genetic defect / medical condition that stops them from developing properly alongside either the Mullerian or Wolffian pathway. It's not an unique/3rd sex as intersex people cannot produce a 3rd gamete, or possess a 3rd reproductive organ or have a 3rd reproductive strategies. Just like a baby being born with 2 heads doesn't negate the statement that "humans have 1 head", someone being born with intersex condition shouldn't negate the statement that "sex is binary". As far as binaries go, the sex division is one of the most stable and predictable binaries there is in nature.

Also, the actual % of intersex people is 0.018% -- much less than 0.05%. And the vast majority can still be classified as male or female quite easily with our modern technology.

As a gay man, I find it very problematic that major LGBT organizations are now classifying sexual orientations in terms of gender identity, as opposed to biological sex. Same sex attraction is now called same gender attraction. Straight men are now identifying as woman and getting into lesbian dating apps, by claiming themselves to be woman first, and then because they are attracted to woman, they are claiming themselves to be lesbians (with penises) -- when in reality they are just straight men.

But this is neither here nor there... on topic, I remember always getting gay vibe from Abhay... glad he's open to expressing that he is bi. Always appreciate it when celebs come out.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Thanks for snatching the word out of my mouth. Sex in biology is defined by gametes and the developmental pathway your body takes towards the production of that gamete. There are only two viable gametes in mammals -- small motile gametes (sperm) and large stationary gametes (egg), only two reproductive organs (penis and vagina), only two developmental pathway (Mullerian, that females go through and Wolffian, that males go through) and only two reproductive strategies (males have the potential to impregnate females, females have the potential to be impregnated), and therefore only 2 sexes. There is not a 3rd gamete, and therefore no 3rd sex -- let alone a spectrum of sexes.

Intersex people have a genetic defect / medical condition that stops them from developing properly alongside either the Mullerian or Wolffian pathway. It's not an unique/3rd sex as intersex people cannot produce a 3rd gamete, or possess a 3rd reproductive organ or have a 3rd reproductive strategies. Just like a baby being born with 2 heads doesn't negate the statement that "humans have 1 head", someone being born with intersex condition shouldn't negate the statement that "sex is binary". As far as binaries go, the sex division is one of the most stable and predictable binaries there is in nature.

Also, the actual % of intersex people is 0.018% -- much less than 0.05%. And the vast majority can still be classified as male or female quite easily with our modern technology.

As a gay man, I find it very problematic that major LGBT organizations are now classifying sexual orientations in terms of gender identity, as opposed to biological sex. Same sex attraction is now called same gender attraction. Straight men are now identifying as woman and getting into lesbian dating apps, by claiming themselves to be woman first, and then because they are attracted to woman, they are claiming themselves to be lesbians (with penises) -- when in reality they are just straight men.

But this is neither here nor there... on topic, I remember always getting gay vibe from Abhay... glad he's open to expressing that he is bi. Always appreciate it when celebs come out.

Why exactly are you being transphobic? Nobinary and trans people exist. They are not straight people posturing as women to get into women-only scenes lol. That is some Rowling level terfiness.

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Where is the confession though? 👀

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Why exactly are you being transphobic? Nobinary and trans people exist. They are not straight people posturing as women to get into women-only scenes lol. That is some Rowling level terfiness.

Certainly some people are genuinely dysphoric, and if they have fully transitioned, they are welcome in spaces of their choosing. But if they haven't, and only self-ID-ing, then no. Intact males with male parts should not be in female-only spaces and vice-versa.

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Certainly some people are genuinely dysphoric, and if they have fully transitioned, they are welcome in spaces of their choosing. But if they haven't, and only self-ID-ing, then no. Intact males with male parts should not be in female-only spaces and vice-versa.

Ummm? Trans affirmative healthcare is a) extremely costly in most parts of the world, b) is plagued by institutional biases, and c) is a process. Should people stop living their lives while their healthcare concludes so that you as a cissexual person get to play the moniter?

Also, those cis-lesbian women who are going out or sleeping with enby or trans people in your hypothetical situations are autonomous beings and do not need your permission or protectionism?

Do you think that they are dumb to fall for these cishet bogeymen who are allegedly pretending to be trans? Again, Rowling-level terfiness.

As a cis woman, may I please ask you to stop referring to women as "females" outside of medical documents? Our being and personalities are not reduced to being able to birth babies. It is essentialist and patriarchal. I assume men too do not like to be identified by their testes and sperm counts.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't see any transphobia in what Blood Sacrifice said. When a gay person says males don't belong on dating apps for lesbians or females on dating apps for gay males ,he's not being transphobic ,he's defending the right of homosexual people to have their own spaces.

Trans people do exist. But their existence shouldn't be at the expense of other people's rights. When somebody who was born male identifies as a woman wears what they want to wear ,calls themselves Julie or Sally or Pooja it's fine. It's their right. But when they identify as a lesbian and force lesbians to date them they are violating somebody else's rights. Lesbians are females who are attracted to other females. They shouldn't have to sift through males when they're supposedly in spaces meant exclusively for people like them. Similar a gay man shouldn't have to go through gaslighting when he says he doesn't see somebody with a vagina as a gay man regardless of what the latter identifies as. Sexual orientation is a self explanatory term. It's based on sex. Not gender.

JK Rowling, except for when she denied the destruction of research by the Nazis , has never ,to my knowledge, said anything that's actually transphobic. I'm open to being corrected on this ; if you can direct me to a quote by her where she looks down on trans people because they're trans. All she's done is speak up against self ID and the mindnumbing misogyny of replacing the word woman with 'non man'. Saying males ( barring exceptions like trans women who have actually gone through surgery to remove male genitalia ) have no business entering sace spaces meant for females is not bigotry.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ummm? Trans affirmative healthcare is a) extremely costly in most parts of the world, b) is plagued by institutional biases, and c) is a process. Should people stop living their lives while their healthcare concludes so that you as a cissexual person get to play the moniter?

Also, those cis-lesbian women who are going out or sleeping with enby or trans people in your hypothetical situations are autonomous beings and do not need your permission or protectionism?

Do you think that they are dumb to fall for these cishet bogeymen who are allegedly pretending to be trans? Again, Rowling-level terfiness.

As a cis woman, may I please ask you to stop referring to women as "females" outside of medical documents? Our being and personalities are not reduced to being able to birth babies. It is essentialist and patriarchal. I assume men too do not like to be identified by their testes and sperm counts.

Being cis women doesn't make it okay for us to tell gay people what they should feel about spaces meant for them.

There's no such thing as a cis lesbian. Lesbian is a compete concept. A female who likes other females. There's no ambiguity there. Lesbians or gay males don't have to up end their world to make room for trans people and their dating problems. It's okay to use the word female outside the context of medicine whenever homosexuality, safe spaces segregated on the basis of sex and professional sports are involved.

And what is the alternative to this? Allowing people to "self-identify" as man or woman without any kind of surgery or hormone treatment, and then have full access to single-sex spaces not originally meant for their sex? Do you see the fiasco it will lead to, esp. in regards to male people in female spaces?

Do you know that over 50% of trans-woman in prison in both USA and UK are there for sexual assaults?, and they are kept there simply on the basis of them self-identifying as "woman". Do you know many of them go on to rape women in the prisons but are still kept there because we have to "respect people's gender identities"? Know Karen White?

Trans people can dress, style and present themselves in any manner they want. They can use facilities meant for the opposite sex once they have fully transitioned. Or, we can have 3rd/gender-neutral spaces for them before they have completed the process.

They aren't dumb. Many of them know they will be 'cancelled' for saying anything against it so go with the flow.

As a man (adult human male) may I please ask you to stop referring to people as 'cis'? just say Men and trans-men. Women and trans-women. Those should do. Don't add the adjective 'cis'.

It's hilarious you don't want people to be reduced to sperms and eggs, but you people are the ones who call women 'menstruators', 'people with vulva', 'non-penis owners', and men 'people with prostates', etc etc.

Also thanks for calling me a terf and phobe.