Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Your mind went to nani and mine went to daddy. Like TM was spelling daddy as dadi. But then I remembered hindi and the fact that a grown man is probably not referring to his father as "daddy" smiley8

Haha. You know, that's one of my peeves. Grown men referring to their parents as Dad-dy and Mum-my. It's so common in India. You'd see men /women nearing their 50s referring to their fathers as Daddy. And people don't even use it as a ToE . They'd be like " Iske Daddy " " Mere colleague ki mummy " . Imagine a 45 yr old saying " Excuse me ,main susu karke aati hoon ". This daddy mummy thing is just like that.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Haha. You know, that's one of my peeves. Grown men referring to their parents as Dad-dy and Mum-my. It's so common in India. You'd see men /women nearing their 50s referring to their fathers as Daddy. And people don't even use it as a ToE . They'd be like " Iske Daddy " " Mere colleague ki mummy " . Imagine a 45 yr old saying " Excuse me ,main susu karke aati hoon ". This daddy mummy thing is just like that.

@ Bold - Lmao. I think I would just die.

I think mummy/mumma is okay. Kind of cute. I haven't seen anyone too old saying it. I never see anyone saying daddy to their father (except in movie, thankfully)

1210355 thumbnail

Never mind. I read that as nani

aaradhya's dadi, agastya's nani.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Never mind. I read that as nani

I also read Nani

then I wondered why she would be his inspiration

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Off topic- Jayaji was such an iconic actress though when she was young. Not sure how she changed so drastically when older. Its like they are two different persons.

While Amitabh is still the same.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Off topic- Jayaji was such an iconic actress though when she was young. Not sure how she changed so drastically when older. Its like they are two different persons.

While Amitabh is still the same.

I agree she was very innocent and sweet person back in the day. She is very intelligent too. Maybe movie Silsila changed a lot of things for her. She never worked with Yash chopra after that movie. Maybe a lot of people took her kindness as a weakness.

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Comedy Crew

I knew comments will be filled with 'I read it as nani' smiley36 but I read it correctly smiley36

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Good for him ig? His grandma was a very acclaimed actress of her times, so why not?

Edited by Surly_Devil - 2 months ago
Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Surly_Devil

Good for him ig? His grandma was a very acclaimed actress of her times, so why not?

Not Jaya (though as an actor she'd be a great role model) but his father's mother Ritu Kapoor Nanda who was Raj Kapoor's daughter and passed in 2020.