Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Briaahna

s much promotion for snack Vicky phir bhi floppy hogayi. smiley36

Guess what? Bad Newz still made way more money than Shamshera. My god only 40cr lifetime? CHI! Such a low number for the biggest star ever?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Brace yourself for more threads on RK/Alia now smiley36

You do realize (I guess you don't) the new topics being made are because RK HIMSELF gave a questionable interview? Thought it was rather obvio. Don't blame others for commenting on them, when they themselves invite audiences into their personal lives.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 2 months ago

I thought that the thread was about the 3 KHANS....smiley37

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Guess what? Bad Newz still made way more money than Shamshera. My god only 40cr lifetime? CHI! Such a low number for the biggest star ever?

And Shamshera had a 180 crore budget because according to RK fans he is just a superstar that all the production houses can bet their money on. According to some the only way to get a hit on your filmography is to work with him. I am sure Vaani can confirm this. smiley36

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Dude this is embarrassing..firstly no where it says success in the post..secondly how can a movie be a success at just 60cr lifetime with 80cr budget..ab tou BOI bi chup chup ho gaya hai smiley36 "remains above water" jaise phrases use kar raha hai ..which means just struggling to not drown..

Lets accept it that it flopped and move on..it has made 51cr by 2nd weekend..golden days are over..now it will hardly collect anything..max 60-65cr which is a BAD NEWZ indeed

Just like how Brahmastra was supposedly a success at 230 cr despite having a budget of 400 crore .Just like Gangu was a success at 120 crore on a budget of 190 crore..

A movie does not have to recover it's entire budget from the theatrical only..There are non theatrical revenues too .It is primarily dependent on the amount it was sold to distributors.60 crore was the break even point for BN as per BOI..It is reaching that figure hence successful..

Remember this box office verdict =f(price sold to distributors)

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elvis12

Just like how Brahmastra was supposedly a success at 230 cr despite having a budget of 400 crore .Just like Gangu was a success at 120 crore on a budget of 190 crore..

A movie does not have to recover it's entire budget from the theatrical only..There are non theatrical revenues too .It is primarily dependent on the amount it was sold to distributors.60 crore was the break even point for BN as per BOI..It is reaching that figure hence successful..

Remember this box office verdict =f(price sold to distributors)

It’s funny how people forget the parties and celebrations they’ve thrown for other movies that have had even more questionable collections and fake verdicts .

Bad Newz isn’t a pathbreaking movie, but not sure why it’s ruffling so many feathers. I hope they declare it a success in just to see all the meltdowns smiley37

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Elvis12

...Remember this box office verdict =f(price sold to distributors)

Then I wonder why analysts generally don't give this price (instead of/additional to the budget).

Anyways, my logic tells me that if a movie is sold to distributors for 60 cr and it makes an India net collection of 60 cr, then it gets even but not significally above.

If a verdict really is based on distribution costs then these costs should always be the base and always get published and there would be no need to publish any budget.

Elvis12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Then I wonder why analysts generally don't give this price (instead of/additional to the budget).

Anyways, my logic tells me that if a movie is sold to distributors for 60 cr and it makes an India net collection of 60 cr, then it gets even but not significally above.

If a verdict really is based on distribution costs then these costs should always be the base and always get published and there would be no need to publish any budget.

The huge budget thing results in a hype ..more so post pandemic because small budget movies are termed ott material!

If a movie is sold to a distributor for 60 crores,it needs to make at least 120 crore to breakeven .This is because 50 % of money is retained by cinema owners .In case of BN the breakeven point is 60 crore as per BOI So it was sold at 30 crore ...

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks for clarifying smiley1 ... however, am I right that the 'distributor price' doesn't figure in the officially published numbers? ... and hyping the budget costs for pr doesn't make sense to me when it gives a negative image in comparison to the collections...

Elvis12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Thanks for clarifying smiley1 ... however, am I right that the 'distributor price' doesn't figure in the officially published numbers? ... and hyping the budget costs for pr doesn't make sense to me when it gives a negative image in comparison to the collections...

Yes...Distributor figure is barely Published ..It is hardly known .

The budget is hyped usually before the release ..Once the film is released ,the actual budget goes down drastically! lol