Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

Bad Newz Box Office: Film maintains a good hold on TuesdayBy Joginder Tuteja

One may attribute this entirely to BOGO but that’s not really the case because in the past many films have adopted this strategy, but it hasn’t really worked out. The films have failed to get audiences in theatres despite BOGO offer or Rs. 100 ticket and what now. However, in case of Bad Newz, it has worked out well as a result of which the collections have stayed stable. Of course, had the collections been over Rs. 4 crores mark on both Monday and Tuesday then it would have had a good ring to it. Still, the film is just marginally below that mark and that’s what it would be aiming for today and tomorrow as well.

The romcom has now reached Rs. 38.17 crores and would close its first week in Rs. 46-47 crores range. Again, after a really good opening weekend, a half century in the first week itself would have been fantastic but now that number would be reached by Saturday. A lifetime of around Rs. 65-70 crores is a possibility now and anything over and above that would be an added bonus.

Bad Newz Box Office: Film maintains a good hold on Tuesday :Bollywood Box Office - Bollywood Hungama

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rckRadhe

Can this movie truly do about 30 cr in the next 4-5 days? smiley3

Aren’t you precious? 😻

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=8594

Bad Newz did well on Tuesday as it collected in the same range as Tuesday and final collections could even be a little higher. The film was probably helped a little by the BOGO scheme and collections in Mumbai were better than Monday..

The key is now what happens on Friday with the release Deadpool and Wolverine but if the film can get a couple of more steady days then it should be fine and on its to some sort of success. The final numbers are unlikely to reach the levels of Crew and Teri Baaton Mein Aisa Uljha Jiya as there are more films releasing weekly but Bad News is also a lower costing film as compared to those two. .

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Surly_Devil

Aren’t you precious? 😻

https://giphy.com/gifs/90s-baby-T3Vx6sVAXzuG4

A blistering blockbuster is on it's way!

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

ZHZB had a poor opening. 5cr also happened with BOGO offer. It was predicted a flop on day1 but it trended exceptionally and made almost 90cr net in india..I will be honest, i don't see that trend here though opening was solid at 8.5cr that too without offer but the jump on sat and sun was minimalistic and mon drop is almost 60%..2nd fri is crucial esp that deadpool is massive

Whats the budget?

I am not sure. But I know ZHZB budget was really cheap. Thus it could be declared a super hit. But this movie is doing just as well or poorly as ZHZB did on the weekdays. It earned roughly an average of 3.5 crore each weekday. It's second Friday it earned a little more.

Like I said Ammy Virk can not do comedy. That is the weak link in this film. Had it been Diljit in his role. The outcome would have been entirely different. Kjo should have waited for Diljit to be done with his tour.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

I am not sure. But I know ZHZB budget was really cheap. Thus it could be declared a super hit. But this movie is doing just as well or poorly as ZHZB did on the weekdays. It earned roughly an average of 3.5 crore each weekday. It's second Friday it earned a little more.

Like I said Ammy Virk can not do comedy. That is the weak link in this film. Had it been Diljit in his role. The outcome would have been entirely different. Kjo should have waited for Diljit to be done with his tour.

I don't know if Diljit would have done this role. The role is shown as "lesser than" Vicky's role. I don't think Diljit would do that to himself.

I think another top actor would've added a lot of value here. I actually think Varun would've been a good choice, however actors nowadays are too insecure and egotistical to work in two-hero film projects.

982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don't know if Diljit would have done this role. The role is shown as "lesser than" Vicky's role. I don't think Diljit would do that to himself.

I think another top actor would've added a lot of value here. I actually think Varun would've been a good choice, however actors nowadays are too insecure and egotistical to work in two-hero film projects.

I am sure it would have been written differently for Diljit. Like I said the reduced Ammy's screen space to some extent. Diljit is far more famous with the Hindi audience then Ammy. He probably pulled in a few punjabi film goers which would have been with Diljit anyway. But it was written for Diljit.

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Respectfully, this looks like bad news for bad newz. smiley37

rckRadhe thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NT0SbyXeU3Y

Tauba Tauba-Tauba! Tauba Tauba-Tauba! smiley37

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Even brahmastra toolkit not working smiley36

And and samosa Joggi toolkit smiley36