Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

Brahmastra made the audience feel the frustration the director and writer built up during the too long making of the movie...some parts really showed potential for a better outcome, I felt.

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ayan had no idea on the lore of Brahmastra. The acting was atrocious except for Big B, SRK and Nag

Kalki the first half atleast 30 mins was cringe and could have been avoided. But the start and climax made up for it. You could hear the audience hooting and clapping after the climax just like Baahubali.

Kalki part 2 should definitely avoid cringe scenes and add a better dialogue writer

happygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I was actually thinking this very sentiment while in the theater. I feel Kalki definitely became what Brahmastra failed to acheive. Reasons being

1) Dumbded down dialogues as mentioned by Anmol which is true it makes d story childish.

2) Too commercial with the hero entry, songs inserted (Although I agree Kalki could have done without that silly Disha Patani song)

3) Kalki's format was very ala a western format
-Hero is defeatable, Prabhas was defeated by Amitabh and commercial shows always show the hero winning no defeat. Hero is grey he is not sure of his purpose and is fighting on the wrong side. Which Indian commercial movie ever portrays their heroes like that . They always makes their heroes holier than Thou.

4) The banter between Bujji and Bhairava the scene staging the comic timing all reminded me so much of the Guardian's n Marvel movies. It fits better to have that format for a Sci-Fi.

5) The storyline was never about 'love' or some dumb concept but its high concept to the Mahabharat makes it intriguing and an interesting Universe to build on and make on invested in possibilities of the world. Nice set up with many characters for future installments to delve into their backstory. Half or Brahmastra was Alia and Ranbir only