Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

I think that your argument is 'spot on'...

It isn't Prabhas who became the USP of the movie, right? The initial Telugu income figures prove something and the trending of Amitji in comments also proves something...just press the right buttons - on scene and behind...

(Just to add: Amitji's performance in Brahmastra wasn't made quite impressive...)

BW has been fighting a losing battle for years now. Prabhas,next film is with Vanga,then Salaar 2,after that Kalki 2. His industry can invest double the amount BW can,in his films ..He gives Pan India opening of 80-90 crs. I don't see any upcoming BW film matching that.They have all the aces.

What do our stars have..apart from collaborating with South directors and getting their producers to co-produce films?

In the top 5 opening films worldwide (excluding China) only Sid Anand finds a place.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: you2

You know why Kjo and his kitty is in the gutter today?

BIG B has the answer. Remember Big B boycotting Brahmastra and why?

Kalki is how you present a Legend. Look at how he is given the topmost billing.How is presented as taller and stronger than the hero(Prabhas is probably taller than Big B) till Bhairava became Karan- he was made to look like a petulant kid.

Directors and stars have to respect Legends first. Yes ,Prabhas gets the funding and his name sells the film-no doubt about..and distributors who have spent crores..want to make profits.

But the film, the director, the hero gives him the respect, the stature he deserves.SALUTE.

Big B has been doing small films, small roles in Big films, for years now in BW.Not one gave this icon a larger than life worthy role.Now they are exulting about him.How EMBARASSING.

I believe that he is driving force behind the great trending we are seeing. I was in AWE of him in the film... and so grateful that I saw him in this role.

I haven’t seen a movie where big B featured and didn’t get the top crediting. His roles small or big, has always been central to the plot except may be a few and far in between. So it’s definitely not an entire Bollywood thing where they don’t know how to value their icons. I don’t know why Brahmastra guys thought they could disrespect him and get away with it.

It got to feel good looking at the opening credits of Kalki and the respect they gave him calling him Shri Amitabh Bachchan and putting his name at the top.🤌

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I hope they release the part 2 when I visit India. Kinda want to watch this film on theatre.

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Kalki is 3hr long character introduction. Overrated n overhyped. Brahmastra was more entertaining than this

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

I haven’t seen a movie where big B featured and didn’t get the top crediting. His roles small or big, has always been central to the plot except may be a few and far in between. So it’s definitely not an entire Bollywood thing where they don’t know how to value their icons. I don’t know why Brahmastra guys thought they could disrespect him and get away with it.

It got to feel good looking at the opening credits of Kalki and the respect they gave him calling him Shri Amitabh Bachchan and putting his name at the top.🤌

Southern directors/producers seem obsessed with stars or the projections of stars as something grand. They even wrote "superstar Ranbir" on the posters for Animal, which I found cringey. And then there's SRK's grand entry in Jawan, it's so over-the-top, it feels cringey. If that's what valuing stars looks like, I'm glad Bollywood doesn't do that.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

Southern directors/producers seem obsessed with stars or the projections of stars as something grand. They even wrote "superstar Ranbir" on the posters for Animal, which I found cringey. And then there's SRK's grand entry in Jawan, it's so over-the-top, it feels cringey. If that's what valuing stars looks like, I'm glad Bollywood doesn't do that.

Shri is a prefix used to respectfully refer to someone in India not just exclusive to South India.

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Shri is a prefix used to respectfully refer to someone in India not just exclusive to South India.

But you don't see it on the posters or in the credits of Bollywood movies. It's the same for the term superstar, Bollywood doesn't use that on film posters. Bollywood can be exaggerated and over the top, but South cinema takes it to another level.

e1t53e thumbnail

Originally posted by: FatalFlaw

But you don't see it on the posters or in the credits of Bollywood movies. It's the same for the term superstar, Bollywood doesn't use that on film posters. Bollywood can be exaggerated and over the top, but South cinema takes it to another level.

It looks like you are not aware of how ‘Shri’ is used in India, it is not some tag like ‘superstar’ or whatever. Respecting someone is not going over the top. In south India they just don’t refer to the older people by their name directly. They use Shri as a prefix and Garu as a suffix. It’s a cultural thing.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: subhs

Kalki is 3hr long character introduction. Overrated n overhyped. Brahmastra was more entertaining than this

Brahmastra was a big flop with inflated fake numbers. I can never forget all the Ranbir fans who tried so hard to make “astras” a thing smiley37
Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Brahmastra was a big flop with inflated fake numbers. I can never forget all the Ranbir fans who tried so hard to make “astras” a thing smiley37

Tbh, this is is where the movie failed. Having a proper lore. Kalki dekhi nahi, but when BA was announced people were excited to finally have a BW movie that would have its own lore, its own universe. With such brilliant VFX, if you give dumbass explaination like button and Ishq ka jaddoo, it ain't working.

I don't think it's a out one actor, it's about the story, dialogues, the execution.

Ig Kalki used the existing lore wrt Ashwathama and built on it well. BA writers should have done the same, they should have established the astras (atleast the important ones instead of the leads doing TP in Banaras) maybe that's the reason why Dev has gotten people excited, because they know it has potential for BW's love for romance and faltu ka drama and actual lore.

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 3 months ago